Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Station T-LFPO64 / France

Hello all.

I am a new user on this board, and a new participant to Flightradar24.

Happy to participe with a personal and homemade station. Hope my assembly can motive some other future stations.

Have a good day.

radarvirtuel.flightradar24.lfpo64+antenne.jpg
    F4FFD - Dominique
    Station : T-LFPO64 / France
    Raspberry Pi3 + Dongle RTL/SDR + Preampli + Pass-band filter 1090MHz + Colinear Antenna 7dB + Battery 75A + Solar Panel 100W
    http://f4ffd.hamstation.eu

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your nice setup. I'm a new feeder from France too. My station is T-LFAQ2.

My setup is just a PI 2B and an USB key with a little antenna. I like the idea to use a solar pannel, i ve to learn how it's work and why not making something like you in the futur.

Good day and have fun

Nicolas.

Comment

Hello Nicolas.
      Thanks for your feedback. I hope that will make emulators of this project (solar panel, ecological).
      See you soon ... on Twitter. ^^
      F4FFD - Dominique
      Raspberry Pi3 + Dongle RTL/SDR + Preampli + Pass-band filter 1090MHz + Colinear Antenna 7dB + Battery 75A + Solar Panel 100W

Comment

Originally posted by F4FFD View Post
        Thanks for your feedback. I hope that will make emulators of this project (solar panel, ecological).
        You might want to check the ecological soundness of photovoltaics. The CO2 released in the mining and manufacture of the raw materials usually exceed the CO2 saved throughout the PV panel's lifetime.

That's not a reason not to use a PV panel, but it's probably not actually saving the environment much.

Comment

Sure I understand your point of view. But it's the best effort I can do.
          My residential power supply is delivered by an atomic central power. Not the best either !
          F4FFD - Dominique

Comment

Originally posted by F4FFD View Post
            My residential power supply is delivered by an atomic central power. Not the best either !
            The economics and ecological impact of nuclear are not entirely clear. Uranium fuel is cheap and relatively abundant and therefore easy to mine compared with the rare elements required by PV panels and, of course, emits no CO2 during the operational lifetime of the plant. The primary and not insignificant ecological considerations with nuclear are waste management and the CO2 expended in decommissioning the reactor at the end of its operational life.

There's the prospect, in principle at least, that the waste can be reprocessed at some time in the future either by conventional separating techniques or in new thorium reactors. Also, fast breeder reactors would go a long way in reprocessing waste, but they're frowned upon if not actually banned under anti-proliferation treaties because of the plutonium they produce.

So no, not great, but the alternatives seem worse. Nuclear fission is not the last word in power, but it'll buy time until other options mature — and once the oil is gone, it's gone, and it's used for many more industrial purposes than energy production, including as raw materials for plastics and other industrial chemicals.

Problem is, nearly all research into reactor design has been defunded because of political considerations, so maturation of such technologies has been retarded by decades for all the wrong reasons.

(Maybe it's just me, but there's a certain irony about concern over CO2 environmental impact in an aviation forum given the 10s of tonnes of fuel each flight consumes!)

Comment

Hello !
              Maybe you're right. So I can not contradict you.
              Have a good day !
              F4FFD - Dominique

Comment

Working...
              X