Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still struggling with connection

ok

i seem to have exhausted all my options i have tried everything people have suggested this is what i have done so far
    I have a rpi version 3
    I'm running jessie on it i think
    i have a flight aware dongle
    and I'm connected to external 1090mhz antenna about 30 feet above my roof
    i have ssh into the rpi through mac terminal and executed the code in the flightradar activation
    i have entered my email address and my sharing key and lon and lat and asl
    clicked no for raw no for base station and no to decode data i clicked yes for mlat
    then i run sudo fr24feed start
    when i look in feeder settings it tells me I'm connected but in my user account it still says I'm offline.
    i read that i needed to blacklist the drivers for the dvbt i followed the instructions and think i did it correct but still not working
    when i first tries this last year with the rpi 2 it all worked first time then i had a water spillage on the rpi which killed it and the memory card i can't seem to get it working again .
    there must be something I'm doing wrong
    it still tells me in status that Found 1 device(s):
    0: Realtek, RTL2832U, SN: 00001000 (currently selected)
    usb_claim_interface error -6
    i think that all points back to drivers am i not executing the commands properly to do this

sorry to be a pain
    ian

Nope that error still indicates

1. USB blacklisted
    2. USB in use by running copy of dump1090 or similar starting beforehand.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The question remains. What method did you use to install. What options did you chose on setup. Did you install anyone elses software also.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hello fellow FR24ers,

I have recently set up a feed and all is OK but the regular disconnections (Shown on my statistics page going online to offline).
        Feed has been running for the last 7 days
        Generally this is happening at about 6:50 to 6:55 UTC with other occasional 'offlines' at random times and required the Pi to be rebooted to restart the feed and be online.

Using Rpi Zero, software image loaded on 2gb as per add-coverage instructions. latest version loaded 2 days ago. No log running as read this can cause some issue.
        Dongle is USB 2.0 TV Tuner Stick Receiver RTL2832U FC0012 DVB-T RTL-SDR+DAB+FM Digital UK (the black rectangular jobbie with a radiused corner).
        antenna is the small whip supplied with the dongle (setting up roof ant at the moment).
        I've tried 2 different PSU (at least 1A) the PiZero is drawing about 460mA. On a short USB power lead about 0.5m long.
        tried loading the image file again onto a different SD card using the Win32DiscImager.
        ...also tried connecting to another router.

I've had a good trawl through the form and all I can find is a few old threads that discussed disconnections at 7:00am but didn't find the solution.
        I'm a total Pi newby, but know a bit about electronics and radio, but have hit the limit of my knowledge on the firmware side of things.

Screenshot showing disconnects (red dot shows the certain disconnects, other times are most likely me messing about)
        Screen shot of the feed status.

Hope to be able to fix the issue.
        Deker.

Comment

Originally posted by Deker24 View Post
          Hello fellow FR24ers,

I have recently set up a feed and all is OK but the regular disconnections (Shown on my statistics page going online to offline).
          Feed has been running for the last 7 days
          Generally this is happening at about 6:50 to 6:55 UTC with other occasional 'offlines' at random times and required the Pi to be rebooted to restart the feed and be online.

Using Rpi Zero, software image loaded on 2gb as per add-coverage instructions. latest version loaded 2 days ago. No log running as read this can cause some issue.
          Dongle is USB 2.0 TV Tuner Stick Receiver RTL2832U FC0012 DVB-T RTL-SDR+DAB+FM Digital UK (the black rectangular jobbie with a radiused corner).
          antenna is the small whip supplied with the dongle (setting up roof ant at the moment).
          I've tried 2 different PSU (at least 1A) the PiZero is drawing about 460mA. On a short USB power lead about 0.5m long.
          tried loading the image file again onto a different SD card using the Win32DiscImager.
          ...also tried connecting to another router.

I've had a good trawl through the form and all I can find is a few old threads that discussed disconnections at 7:00am but didn't find the solution.
          I'm a total Pi newby, but know a bit about electronics and radio, but have hit the limit of my knowledge on the firmware side of things.

Screenshot showing disconnects (red dot shows the certain disconnects, other times are most likely me messing about)
          Screen shot of the feed status.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8620[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8621[/ATTACH]

Hope to be able to fix the issue.
          Deker.
          Have a search for fitpower and fc0012. That chip doesn't cover the right frequency range for adsb

I think you will find no uploads and server is disconnected due inactivity

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            Have a search for fitpower and fc0012. That chip doesn't cover the right frequency range for adsb

I think you will find no uploads and server is disconnected due inactivity

Sorry Oblivian,
            I gave the wrong info, checking back it is this one that I am using RTL2832U & R820T DVB-T RTL-SDR+DAB ( they look identical)
            On my stats page Aircraft seen is 922 and positions reported 28,337, max distance 139nm

Due to poor ant position, this might be causing the server disconnect at random times, but the 7:00 disconnects are consistent, I think 6 out of the last 7 days.
            Will the feed automatically restart when "new" aircraft are seen, as at the moment, once I go offline it won't go back online without a reboot.
            Thanks for the help and quick reply.

ATB
            Derek.

Comment

Originally posted by Deker24 View Post
              Sorry Oblivian,
              I gave the wrong info, checking back it is this one that I am using RTL2832U & R820T DVB-T RTL-SDR+DAB ( they look identical)
              On my stats page Aircraft seen is 922 and positions reported 28,337, max distance 139nm

Due to poor ant position, this might be causing the server disconnect at random times, but the 7:00 disconnects are consistent, I think 6 out of the last 7 days.
              Will the feed automatically restart when "new" aircraft are seen, as at the moment, once I go offline it won't go back online without a reboot.
              Thanks for the help and quick reply.

ATB
              Derek.
              You would need to have a peek at it running in screen-output mode to confirm around that time. But generally if no data is received it goes into a deep-sleep. It should remain 'online' as in connected (request to change wording on stats page made), but possibly not upload.

You don't have an auto flush in the router per chance? My ISP has it hard configured to flush connection about 3am but is only short and resumes straight away so does not impact stats. But would if my software didn't reattach

Comment

Hi Oblivian,

I relocated the Pi and antenna to an upstairs window and only went off line once (about 1AM) in 3 days. Since then its been running without disconnections for over 35 hrs.
                I think that now it receiving more aircraft it is not going to sleep. Looks like the most probable cause is when it doesn't receive aircraft, coming our of sleep causes it to crash.
                I'll monitor for a few more days and report back.
                So far, looking much better but still need to get the antenna above roof line.
                Cheers,
                Deker

Comment

Working...
                X