Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeding with OS X

hi

i have given up on the Rpi and now trying to feed data through the mac, it all seems to be connected but the blue symbol has not turned green am i doing something wrong.or have i missed a step.

many thanks
    ian

I'm still trying to get this to work everything seems fine i have attached screen shot does everything look correct
    Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 13.55.19.jpg
    I am connected to a antenna on the roof which was working fine until rip packed up.
    any help would be much appreciated

ian

Comment

For one you appear to be copying the examples into the fields 1:1.

Extra arguments shows an EXample. You included the ex. This will fail.

You have also specified dump 1090 as the location. Not a com port where to find it.

Not sure this works on osx.

There is a thread where others have examples of it working.

Suggest locate that and have a read through

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hi All, I have purchased a NooElec NESDR Mini 2 USB RTL-SDR & ADS-B Receiver Set, RTL2832U & R820T2 Tuner which (according to the reviews) have been used with FR24. I would paste logs etc but just lost my initial post due to over zealous "you can't post links" and lost the lot. If you have a question
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

can't get anything to feed

last chance saloon tried everything today and it looks like the debt dongal is not receiving i have tried to blacklist its but not sure if correct see Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 17.45.47
          this is also screen shot of status Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 17.53.05
          it was never this difficult when i setup last year.

Comment

Originally posted by icpass View Post
            last chance saloon tried everything today and it looks like the debt dongal is not receiving i have tried to blacklist its but not sure if correct see Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 17.45.47
            this is also screen shot of status Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 17.53.05
            it was never this difficult when i setup last year.
            I have merged your posts as a single one out of context does not mean anything to anyone. Likewise your 'screenshots' do not refer to anything?

We need more information. You gave up on un blacklisting on the Rasbperry Pi despite the link being provided to run the command to un-blacklist. But also did not explain if you manually installed FR24 feeder via script, or used any of the guides here, or the standard Pi24 image. All of which will effect things differently if it pre installs software to connect to the stick beforehand.

As for MacOS, I believe there are less people using to be able to assist other than the above thread I provided or I would expect them to have intervened already.

I am not a Mac user, but all 3 platforms need some work done before a RTL stick can be used.

PC - Zadig drivers
            RPi - librtlsdr (and remove device blacklist by putting blacklist dvb_usb_rtl28xxu in etc/modprobe.d)
            MacOS - rtlsdr_osx.zip or similar. http://macappstore.org/librtlsdr/
            3 Easy steps for OSX I thought I would write up some info on how to get RTL2832U R820t DVB-T dongles working on Mac OSX (My current version is Mavericks). First download the pre-built rtl-sdr binaries from http://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/RTL-SDR and follow their instructions on where to copy the files too. Secondly we

Here I show you how to compile Dump1090 (Alternate version) on OSX and track aircraft using a RTL SDRhttps://github.com/MalcolmRobb/dump1090

Comment

Working...
            X