Raspberry Pi remote GUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi remote GUI

Is there any way to see what my RPI Zero is receiving?
    didnt really want to spend money on planeplotter just for testing the PI is working

I have virtual radar running on my windows machine but is it available for RPI?

Just change the address it points to to the Pi IP, and port 30002 (or 30005 depending on enabled options) or add as a second receiver.

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

If you have a self installed Dump1090 version they also have built in webserver. (see abcs Mutability install thread)

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Ok i can see data being created. What about Virtual Radar? How can i install on pi

Comment

You cant run it *on* the Pi, only view the data it produces on a windows platform.

There is a guide with images in the link I provided...

Useful Tips & Basestation Programs for FR24-box Feeders & How To Configure Pt.3 Getting your hosted FR24 receiver running with your favorite basestation program is straight forward and simple to do. I will use screenshots and some explanation to describe how to configure the programs. While I do not use most of
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Comment

Answered your own question then

Be wary, that appears to bundle its own copy of Dump1090. Which is when you run into device access conflict errors. And it may end up impacting the CPU/RAM resources with an extra bit of software. Looks to be more a solution to watch local traffic than feed sites with data received too.

Dump1090 can produce a lot of the maps on its own https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...-15-dev-on-RPi

Comment

Im currently running virtual radar on windows machine but it doesnt seem to be putting any data onto its webpage like its not receiving any data

Comment

Make sure your 'home receiver' settings are correct. If its not the right GPS location it may not happen.

And try to connect in browser to http://ipofpigoeshere:8080 or 30002 or 30005 and you shouldn't get a could not connect error

Comment

Originally posted by bruton View Post
                  Im currently running virtual radar on windows machine but it doesnt seem to be putting any data onto its webpage like its not receiving any data
                  (1) REPLACE "Address" IN IMAGES BELOW (192.168.2.17 & 192.168.2.27) BY IP ADDRESS OF YOUR PI

(2) The configuration is shown for two RPis (Pi#1 & Pi#2). If you have only one Pi, use configuration for Pi#1 ONLY.

Also, ignore settings for Merge Feed, and Rebroadcast Servers.

Last edited by abcd567; 2017-03-16, 22:43.

Comment

It looks like the - was missed on the longitude on receiver. How do i change that

Comment

:8754/settings.html

no option to change location though

Comment

Reinstalled - all systems are working now :-)

Comment

It looks like the - was missed on the longitude on receiver. How do i change that
                          Reinstalled - all systems are working now :-)
                          There was no need to reinstall, only repeating signup process, as shown below, was enough.

You should have handy your email, sharing key, current location's latitude & longitude, before starting the signup process.

Code:
                          pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo fr24feed --signup
                          Step 1.1 - Enter your email address (username@domain.tld)
                          $:[COLOR="#FF0000"]xxxxx@yyyyyy.com[/COLOR]

Step 1.2 - If you used to feed FR24 with ADS-B data before enter your sharing key.
                          If you don't remember your sharing key, pelase use the retrival form:
                          http://feed.flightradar24.com/forgotten_key.php

Otherwise leave this field empty and continue.
                          $:[COLOR="#FF0000"]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/COLOR]

Verifying sharing key...OK

Step 1.3 - Would you like to participate in MLAT calculations? (yes/no)$:yes
                          IMPORTANT: For MLAT calculations the antenna's location should be entered very precise!

Step 3.A - Enter antenna's latitude (DD.DDDD)
                          $:[COLOR="#FF0000"]xx.xxxx[/COLOR]

Step 3.B - Enter antenna's longitude (DDD.DDDD)
                          $:[COLOR="#FF0000"]yy.yyyy[/COLOR]
                          Step 3.C - Enter antenna's altitude above the sea level (in feet)
                          $:[COLOR="#FF0000"]zzz[/COLOR]

Using latitude: xx.xxxx, longitude: yy.yyyy, altitude: zzzft above sea level

We have detected that you already have a dump1090 instance running. We can therefore automatically configure the FR24 feeder to use existing receiver configuration, or you can manually configure all the parameters.

Would you like to use autoconfig (*yes*/no)$:yes

Step 6A - Please select desired logfile mode:
                           0 -  Disabled
                           1 -  48 hour, 24h rotation
                           2 -  72 hour, 24h rotation
                          Select logfile mode (0-2)$:0

Step 6B - Please enter desired logfile path (/var/log):
                          $:/var/log

Submitting form data...OK

Congratulations! You are now registered and ready to share ADS-D data with Flightradar24.
                          + Your radar id is T-AAAAAA, please include it in all email communication with us.
                          + Please make sure to start sharing data within the next 3 days as otherwise your ID/KEY will be deleted.

Thank you for supporting Flightradar24! We hope that you will enjoy our Premium services that will be available to you when you become an active feeder.

To start sending data now please execute:
                          sudo service fr24feed start

Saving settings to /etc/fr24feed.ini...OK
                          Settings saved, please run "sudo service fr24feed restart" to use new configuration.
                          pi@raspberrypi:~ $
                          Now restart fr24feed
                          Code:
                          pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo service fr24feed restart
                          Last edited by abcd567; 2017-03-16, 23:19.

Comment

I couldnt find that info when i was searching. I only found a post saying you have to reinstall

Comment

But verify the details when you launch. As some of them are held server side and may need to be corrected too or data may be ignored

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X