already feeding FA would like to add Flight Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• already feeding FA would like to add Flight Radar

I am very new to this and downloaded an image from exchange, it works very well but I'm experimenting with antennas.
    The image is installed on a pi and am also new to the pi, i chose the exchange image as it also gave me milat and was easy to download and install.

Is there any way of editing the image to add flight radar too?

I did use flight radar a good while ago but on windows which was easier but tied up my laptop

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you don't have fr24 software installed then you can do it with running a script that will download and install it. Check the following link

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
    --

Comment

Thanks that worked and i used SSH to remote install and received a share key by email.
      how do i see my stats and tracking page as at the moment i have my ip address plus /dump1090-fa/

what do i replace the /dump1090-fa/ with?

Comment

You setup FR24's program as avr-tcp on port 30002 to get data from dump1090-fa. You can access FR24 software's status page on IP-of-Pi:8754.
        --

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post
          You setup FR24's program as avr-tcp on port 30002 to get data from dump1090-fa. You can access FR24 software's status page on IP-of-Pi:8754.
          I have found my stats page in my account and its running fine.

What I'm trying to do is see my tracking page with all the aircraft on my laptop which is remote via the internet or local ip address.

this forum won't allow me yet to post a link as I'm new but i watch Flight aware by ip address plus /dump1090-fa Is it possible to do the same with flight radar24? on the browser or do i have to download the program?

Comment

You can only see a list of tracked aircraft on FR24 as it's setup as avr-tcp to get data decoded by dump1090-fa. You can see this list on software's status page with IPAddressofPI:8754
            --

Comment

Originally posted by g4jnw View Post
              I have found my stats page in my account and its running fine.

What I'm trying to do is see my tracking page with all the aircraft on my laptop which is remote via the internet or local ip address.

this forum won't allow me yet to post a link as I'm new but i watch Flight aware by ip address plus /dump1090-fa Is it possible to do the same with flight radar24? on the browser or do i have to download the program?
              By using <IP address of Pi>/dump1090-fa, you are NOT watching Flightaware. You are watching planes picked by your antenna and processed by your receiver. Your Pi feeds data of all these planes to both the Flightradar24 and Flightaware.

If you have enabled Flightaware MLAT, Flightaware will feed back their MLAT calculated planes to your Pi, and their MLAT planes will also be displayed in map on <IP address of PI>/dump1090-fa
              Last edited by abcd567; 2017-03-15, 19:01.

Comment

Working...
              X