Updating FR24 software RPi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating FR24 software RPi

My apologies if this has been covered before (I'm sure it has) but trying to search through hundreds of pages has yet to yield an answer.

My FR24 software is old (at work at present so unable to check exact version) and does not auto-update as I beleive the latest versions do.

Simple question - what commands do I need to run to update to the latest version without re-installing from scratch ??

Do I have to stop fr24 running first ??

I'm a complete idiot with Linux, but able to follow instructions

John
    T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Stashed away in my help guide...

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

Update fr24feed
    sudo apt-get update - refresh available app update list
    sudo apt-get install --only-upgrade fr24feed - manually check for update
    - Will search for a new version and advise if 0 bytes were to be installed (no change) or if a new update was to be.
    And yes you need to stop it first (commands there too)
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Stashed away in my help guide...

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

And yes you need to stop it first (commands there too)

Thanks for that - I did look at that guide but didn't scroll down the page enough

John
      T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

I did not realize there were update commands. I wiped my SD clean and installed a new version and now I am stuck at the log on page. I put in my credentials and hit the log on button and it never goes anywhere, Internet is working fine I can hit the other buttons or tabs. I am stuck please help.

Comment

Huh?
          There is no login related to the software

Or do you mean pi console

More info needed.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

FR24-1.jpg

FR24-2.jpg

Getting these 2 screens and when I put in my current account log in creds after hitting the log on button it goes no where.

One other thing I noticed was that on my account page on my radar name my IP on the account is showing with a .82 and now after reimaging the IP is now .78

Hope this helps

Comment

Rule #1. Don't use active receiver more than once.

Hi, yesterday my Pi 3b+ died during a thunderstorm (SD-Card is not readable). So i downloaded the actual image and made a setup using a new pi. Now i cannot bring my feeder online. The activation-page says "activated" but also "offline". Network-connection by Ethernet is fine. Any ideas? Would be happy if

Ctrl-alt-f2 like it says there, or use putty and
              Sudo fr24feed --signup
              Use the same as previous

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

Rule #1. Don't use active receiver more than once.

Hi, yesterday my Pi 3b+ died during a thunderstorm (SD-Card is not readable). So i downloaded the actual image and made a setup using a new pi. Now i cannot bring my feeder online. The activation-page says "activated" but also "offline". Network-connection by Ethernet is fine. Any ideas? Would be happy if

Ctrl-alt-f2 like it says there, or use putty and
                Sudo fr24feed --signup
                Use the same as previous
                Says the command not found is there something I am missing?
                Attached Files

Comment

Possibly the auto forum capitalisation
                  Try small s.

Comment

I ran though the script and got all the info entered and I see the new radar name that is assigned, but it has not picked up my mac address or ip yet and it says online but no data

Comment

The stats server is separate from the feed server.
                      as long as original settings window in browser or fr24feed-ststus says its fine, its fine

Comment

MLAT says fail only because I received an email requested to disable, email from May 25
                        Attached Files

Comment

Unless you have an antenna/wrong stick type issue. The rest wont kick in unless that tracked:0 becomes > 1

Comment

Working...
                          X