Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aircraft arrival boards

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aircraft arrival boards

    Hi there

    I have noticed recently that many unscheduled flights don't show up on arrival boards of the airports in the iPhone app.

    For example, AWC908 has the destination as BRS when I search for the flight, but if I go on BRS airport arrivals board on the app, the flight doesn't show up.

    Could this be added/fixed?

    Thanks, Cal.

    Aircrew Virtual Airlines: http://aircrewvirtual.x10.bz

  • #2
    Arrival and departure boards show times of scheduled flights. Without a schedule it's not possible to list a flight on the arrival or departure board.
    Please read fr24.com/how-it-works for more information about how Flightradar24 works.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Arrival and departure boards show times of scheduled flights. Without a schedule it's not possible to list a flight on the arrival or departure board.
      Please read fr24.com/how-it-works for more information about how Flightradar24 works.
      I know but for example you could just have the estimated time of arrival instead of the scheduled one? It makes a lot of sense I think and I don't see why it hasn't been implemented already - it would give a more accurate picture of aircraft arrivals or departures on the arrivals and departure boards.

      Aircrew Virtual Airlines: http://aircrewvirtual.x10.bz

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by callum3242 View Post
        I know but for example you could just have the estimated time of arrival instead of the scheduled one? It makes a lot of sense I think and I don't see why it hasn't been implemented already - it would give a more accurate picture of aircraft arrivals or departures on the arrivals and departure boards.
        As there is no schedule to match against the route is in many cases incorrect and arrival airport incorrect. So it would not be more accurate to show up on wrong airport. Also ETA is changing so it would jump up and down. I'm sorry but we are not planning to do any changes to the logic. Arrival boards will only show scheduled flights with a schedule.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mike View Post
          As there is no schedule to match against the route is in many cases incorrect and arrival airport incorrect. So it would not be more accurate to show up on wrong airport. Also ETA is changing so it would jump up and down. I'm sorry but we are not planning to do any changes to the logic. Arrival boards will only show scheduled flights with a schedule.
          Surely it wouldn't take much logic to incorporate this. If you have the same flight that happens each week that isn't scheduled, your system picks this up and remembers it's route. If you're suggesting this isn't accurate then I suggest you should get it fixed?


          I would propose a separate logic for these flights, like your system does already but makes sure the flight has operated in the last few weeks or so - then you could confirm it.

          BRS has so many unscheduled but regular flights it is a shame they do not show up. Plus, at BRS, Eastern Airways flights show up as Germania on the arrivals and departure boards. Can this be fixed?

          Ty

          Aircrew Virtual Airlines: http://aircrewvirtual.x10.bz

          Comment

          Working...
          X