Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Very Important] Is it legal to post data from China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anmer
    replied
    Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
    That's Aireon
    Doh. The url must have given it away

I was merely pointing out that "space based ADS-B" is already a reality.

But I don't doubt you're right and others will compete with Aireon. But I've not seen any recent announcements from FR24 or even AirNav:

Real-time flight tracking with one of the best and most accurate ADS-B coverage worldwide. Check airport arrivals and departures status and aircraft history.

Do you know of any other space based ADS-B projects?

Leave a comment:

• 1090 MHz
    replied
    Originally posted by Anmer View Post
    It's already been achieved.

Aireon has deployed the first-of-its-kind air traffic surveillance system, and the Aireon ADS-B data has become the gold-standard for ANSPs.

https://www.suasnews.com/2019/01/air...e-based-ads-b/
    That's Aireon and they are government funded in multiple jurisdictions. They spent billions building that ADS-B space based network because that network will actually be used for real ATC.

There is currently multiple private sector companies launching low cost low earth orbit cub sats that are capable of ADS-B. Once enough of them are up there in orbit the coverage will be good. They will then sell this data to companies like FR24, etc..

Leave a comment:

• apgphoto
    replied
    Originally posted by stargate View Post
    How can the Chinese government(Yes, pls distinguish China and its government) shut down the system? Block the server IP?
    Feeders can use VPN/SSR to upload data.

I wish someday the Satellite network could be used in China. Well, that's a dream, unless......
    A big difference between the people and the Government, I work with some very good people when I am in China.

Well the "authorities" managed to get MLAT switched off for China to hide military aircraft, the same "authorities" visited uploaders and were not very friendly as I'm sure you will have heard.... Variflight seem to have most military codes blocked on their system perhaps FR24 need to do the same...

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    give it about 3 to 4 years for full global coverage.
    It's already been achieved.

Aireon has deployed the first-of-its-kind air traffic surveillance system, and the Aireon ADS-B data has become the gold-standard for ANSPs.

Aireon has announced a successful eighth and final launch and deployment of the Iridium NEXT satellite constellation hosting the Aireon space-based Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B…

Leave a comment:

• stargate
    replied
    You're not dreaming.. Space based ADS-B on equipped Low Earth Orbit satellites is a coming reality... give it about 3 to 4 years for full global coverage. Most of the LEO networks that are up and running at this time are still in a test phase. This will be the solution for the Chinese ground based receiver restrictions.
    At that time, the feeders will be retired?

By the way, actually, I meant the Satellite Internet in my last reply.
    As you may know, because of the GFW of China, we can't browse websites freely, including wikipedia, google, youtube, twitter, facebook, etc., even some FR24 web links.
    The people in China need some technology to surf online. For now, the sort of ss/ssr/vpn is the only way.

Leave a comment:

• 1090 MHz
    replied
    Originally posted by stargate View Post

I wish someday the Satellite network could be used in China. Well, that's a dream, unless......
    You're not dreaming.. Space based ADS-B on equipped Low Earth Orbit satellites is a coming reality... give it about 3 to 4 years for full global coverage. Most of the LEO networks that are up and running at this time are still in a test phase. This will be the solution for the Chinese ground based receiver restrictions.

Leave a comment:

• stargate
    replied
    Originally posted by apgphoto View Post
    Now the Air Force are upgrading their transponders and are visible on FR24 again, it will be interesting to see how FR24 cope with this problem before China is shut down completely. Chinese feeders be ware!
    How can the Chinese government(Yes, pls distinguish China and its government) shut down the system? Block the server IP?
    Feeders can use VPN/SSR to upload data.

Leave a comment:

• apgphoto
    replied
    Now the Air Force are upgrading their transponders and are visible on FR24 again, it will be interesting to see how FR24 cope with this problem before China is shut down completely. Chinese feeders be ware!

Leave a comment:

• stargate
    replied
    Originally posted by iamnothere View Post
    Ya, I think you are right about F-T6M , I guess FR24 was try to protect local ground station who still didn't noticed the situation , but that's not enough cuz all data through network and it's totally under surveillance in China , if they want find someone they can easily track you down when necessary .
    Well, you are undercover now. Come on and come back online again!
    I saw your data before.
    Last edited by stargate; 2019-05-17, 05:51.

Leave a comment:

• stargate
    replied
    Everything in China is TOP secrets. Only Trump can fight with the Chinese government.
    Last edited by stargate; 2019-05-17, 05:41.

Leave a comment:

• SoNic67
    replied
    Originally posted by rik130 View Post
    Originally posted by SoNic67 View Post
    FR24 and FA will probably have to cut a deal with China's government
    Is there a ROFL smiley on these forums?
    Aaand...

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    We hope to find a solution with the Chinese authorities that will be satisfying for all parties.
    @rik130, are you still ROFL?

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    We hope to find a solution with the Chinese authorities that will be satisfying for all parties.

Leave a comment:

• apgphoto
    replied
    FR24 you are still allowing MLAT over Chinese territory you might want to shut the "black hole" down for your own sakes and those supplying your data, especially as military aircraft were in it today

Leave a comment:

• SoNic67
    replied
    Originally posted by rik130 View Post
    Can you not just tunnel your traffic through a VPN? They wouldn't know what the traffic was then because it's encrypted.
    Sure you can. And get investigated later for possibly being a spy and communicating information in secret to foreign entities.
    Don't assume that, just because visitors and foreign companies in China can use VPN's, it's safe for their citizens to use one.
    Here you will find answers to common questions about using a VPN in China in 2020. Real answers from a real VPN user in China.

People that didn't experience a truly oppressive system say the cutest things.

Originally posted by iamnothere View Post
    I'm not sure maybe I talk too much , I'm kinda famous in this area I guess , a post mail from U.S. send to my home address , name is correct but somehow the address is complete wrong , but the mail send to my mailbox no problem ...
    And probably the letter arrived opened? Been there, a few decades back... Good luck!
    Last edited by SoNic67; 2018-11-28, 11:14.

Leave a comment:

• iamnothere
    replied
    Well , China Great Fire Wall know how to identify VPN , they can block all VPN traffic easily .

They don't care decrypt what message carry they simply block em all .

I'm not sure maybe I talk too much , I'm kinda famous in this area I guess , a post mail from U.S. send to my home address , name is correct but somehow the address is complete wrong , but the mail send to my mailbox no problem ...
    Last edited by iamnothere; 2018-11-24, 13:30.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X