FR24feed raspberry pi3 and FR24 feed windows - VERY interesting -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
    Agree with suv. BZK, if you have fixed your problem please post the solution. You started the thread and without a solution to your problem this thread is a dead end for others with the same problem.

It is incredibly rude to start a problem thread, solve the problem for yourself and not share it with the forum.
    FULLY AGREE!

Comment

TELNET from Windows Desktop to Raspberry Pi/dump1090-mutability at Local IP 192.168.0.21

Message Format at Port 30003 = Basestation (text)
      Telnet 1 - RPi port 30003.png Telnet 2 - RPi port 30003.png

Message Format at Port 30005 = Beast (binary)
      Telnet 3 - RPi port 30005.png Telnet 4 - RPi port 30005.png

Comment

TELNET from Windows Desktop to Raspberry Pi/dump1090-mutability at Local IP 192.168.0.21

Message Format at Port 30002 = AVR (hexadecimal)
        Telnet 5 - RPi port 30002.png Telnet 6 - RPi port 30002.png

Comment

I think the Beast format is not the issue here, because i used Beast format as source at the time i start feeding. My first setup was a Windows Notebook with Windows feeder and my station appear often at my location. Since i moved to Pi i see my station only seven or eight times a week..........
          Best Regards

Volker

Comment

I have the same problem too. I have migrated to Raspberry Pi3. Based on the data feed it went well. My statistics are all ok. But unfortunately my Radar T-WMSA12 did not appear in the Radar Section. I'm from Malaysia and my ranking in Malaysia is around 30. Anybody else having the same problem too??

Comment

Originally posted by volkerjacob View Post
              [...]Since i moved to Pi i see my station only seven or eight times a week.
              Originally posted by atoi68 View Post
              I have migrated to Raspberry Pi3. [...] My statistics are all ok. But unfortunately my Radar T-WMSA12 did not appear in the Radar Section. [...] Anybody else having the same problem too?
              Yep, me too -although I'm not certain that this is a "real" problem. It might be a problem seen with our - the voluntary feeders' - eyes. Most of us voluntary feeders IMHO feel some kind of happiness / satisfaction to see "our" feeder (T-******) being the "currently used radar". However, the FR24-"system" decides which radar to display as the "current" one.

My personal speculation for the now (with RPi feeder) very rare listing as "current" feeder - compared to past times when feeding from Windows - is, that this is a "side effect" when the feeder provides - now - also MLAT data (which I do).

I requested the FR24 team to publish some statements concerning MLAT issues here. Up to now, there is no answer.

Question: Do you NOW also provide MLAT data with your RPi?

Greetings from Germany, -Wolli-

Comment

Originally posted by Wolli View Post
                Yep, me too -although I'm not certain that this is a "real" problem. It might be a problem seen with our - the voluntary feeders' - eyes. Most of us voluntary feeders IMHO feel some kind of happiness / satisfaction to see "our" feeder (T-******) being the "currently used radar". However, the FR24-"system" decides which radar to display as the "current" one.

My personal speculation for the now (with RPi feeder) very rare listing as "current" feeder - compared to past times when feeding from Windows - is, that this is a "side effect" when the feeder provides - now - also MLAT data (which I do).

I requested the FR24 team to publish some statements concerning MLAT issues here. Up to now, there is no answer.

Question: Do you NOW also provide MLAT data with your RPi?

Greetings from Germany, -Wolli-
                No, your problem isn't related to the MLAT. I have tried to feed with and without MLAT with the same results. Also your feed quality (with Raspberry) is not considerated. I am in 5-6 position top on the rank for Italy and be the only T in this place. The question, in my opinion, is that FR24 enable for spotting, if available, only F radar. With win feeder is the same for newer feeder softwares while the older are spotting enabled also for T radar.

Comment

Originally posted by BZK View Post
                  No, your problem isn't related to the MLAT.
                  Mhh, I'm not quite sure - though I respect and appreciate your posting.
                  I have tried to feed with and without MLAT with the same results. Also your feed quality (with Raspberry) is not considerated. I am in 5-6 position top on the rank for Italy and be the only T in this place.
                  Your top position (My indeed honest congratulations! I still am working at it - wish me luck! ) might be the reason, that you see no difference with or without MLAT option. FR24 obviously has "no choice" to list your radar as "the current one".
                  The question, in my opinion, is that FR24 enable for spotting, if available, only F radar.
                  Definitely correct. If I were FR24, I would also rely on my "own" feeders' data ("F-******") as often and as long as I can/could. However, when a "T-radar" ist displayed, it makes us wondering, why our radars are now no more (or very rarely) - compared to former times - displayed.

Let's wait for some more postings / answers to this issue, agree? Ciao and greetings from Germany to Italy, -Wolli-
                  Last edited by Wolli; 2016-12-12, 19:57.

Comment

Hi Wolli, I have sent several mail to FR24 support to clarify WHY with win feeder (old) I am every time spotted while with RPI not or one/two time a day. Answer from support where generic and NEVER related to data format. To solve definitively the question i feed BOTH data format, mlat enabled on RPI. If I shut down the win feeder and keep ON only RPI I am NOT MORE spotted even if I am today on rank 5 of more than 250 of italian feeder.
                    Definitively I think that the data format can be the problem, even if not confirmed from support. Maybe that the F feeder send data with old win format and are with high priority respect the RPI feeding. Maybe.
                    Last edited by BZK; 2016-12-13, 16:43.

Comment

I guess we need to wait...and wait..and wait. If any of you guys can resolve this issue, it would be great!!. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X