FR24feed raspberry pi3 and FR24 feed windows - VERY interesting -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24feed raspberry pi3 and FR24 feed windows - VERY interesting -

Hi, I have sent this question to FR24 support and now is under investigation.

This is the story...

I am an old feeder of FR24 with windows and my position is 70 km from Venice and 60 km from Treviso (IT).
    I have a very good setup and i'm able to plot the landing/departure sometime up to ground of both airport and up to more than 300 miles.
    With windows feeder my radar, before T-LIPT9 and now T-LIPT14 with raspberry was mainly reported to a high number of flight.
    From one week i'm switched to raspberry P and my radar was no more reported even if my plots from dump 1090 are very well.
    All statistics are perfect with a large number of data sent.

As experiment I have tried to switch on (with raspberry P active for data sending) also FR24 feeder for windows and....MISTERY....I can see, by filtering my radar and depending from the time of day, up to more than 10 flights in the same time and at very long distance too.

Somebody has reported similiar situation?

Roby, Italy

i really dont realize what are you meaning.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Simple. If I feed with FR24 for windows my radar is most of time reported into field "radar" of fr24 tracking main page while with fr24feed for raspberry i am never reported. Why ?

Comment

BZK, if you ssh to your rpi and input "sudo service fr24feed status" does it show the fr24feed running?
        You can always log into your account and check your online status, if you are online it will show it.

Comment

FR24 feed of raspberry is perfect on-line as I can see from my statistics and also with the web interface. Problem is related to two different (?) feeder. Windows version show high priority in sending data while data sent direct from raspberry are reported into the site of tracking ONLY if they are NO data from other feeder.

Comment

and configuration its the same about antenna elevation and location?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

As sure hexactly NO. Coordinates and altitude of win feeder (old) where taken from GPS while the raspberry configuration was done by pointing the arrow from map and altitude by convertion meter to feet. In the beginning my call was T-LIPT9 and after starting with raspberry it's changing to T-LIPT14. Strange is that also win feeder has change my radar to T-LIPT14. Maybe SW problems. How I can see my original position data sent with win feeder?
              Thanks for your contribution, maybe the right way to solve.

Comment

Haha, that coordinates thing goes back to my argument from years ago that MLAT should enable a GPS receiver on the pi. Relying on the user to input accurate 3d coordinates is not reliable for MLAT calcs.

Comment

As experiment i have also disable MLAT feeding without any positive effect. I have also removed other feeder with the same results.

Comment

This a site where you can check FR24 stats, just use the unique part of your tag without the T- or F- ..

Comment

@BZK which PSU are you using, how many AMPs is your Pi getting ?

Comment

3A PSU. It's not related to power supply but to the data format. I any case I have solved....

Comment

Originally posted by BZK View Post
                          3A PSU. It's not related to power supply but to the data format. I any case I have solved....
                          Interesting, would you like to share your solution, it could be helpful to other users.

Comment

Agree with suv. BZK, if you have fixed your problem please post the solution. You started the thread and without a solution to your problem this thread is a dead end for others with the same problem.

It is incredibly rude to start a problem thread, solve the problem for yourself and not share it with the forum.

Comment

I am not sure, but may be using Beast (binary) format instead of Basestation (text) format.

In dump1090, Beast format is available to feed at port 30005, and Basestation format is available to feed at port 30003.

Comment

Working...
                              X