Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automated Installation of Dump1090-Mutability, Data Feeders, and Performance Graphs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what I understood reading all posts and abcd567 recommendation, it should be v1.15 because v1.14 IS the version having problems with map and graphs.
    In fact I selected ModeS Beast instead of DVBT in order to have v1.15.

Ten mins later update leaving as it was after my previous post:
    Same problem. No aircraft on map, offline status on FR24 stats webpage and on IP:8754 Aircraft Tracked 0 (yellow)

Restarted dump1090 with code:
    Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability restart
    And everything is working fine again, so it appears to be dump1090 the problem of everything. Let's see how it lasts now
    Last edited by maverick464; 2018-05-31, 09:15. Reason: update

Comment

Where can i aktivate the graphs?
      I can after innstallation, only this see. radar1_0706.jpg
      no grahs are available.

Comment

Originally posted by Conan_89 View Post
        Where can i aktivate the graphs?
        1) Go to this page in browser:
        Code:
        IP-of-Pi/install
        (2) Complete activation steps.

(3) To view graphs, in your browser open this page:
        IP-of-Pi/graphs.php

2) To change settings after activation:
        IP-of-Pi/admin

Comment

This little fix

fix my install problem,i using mysql database to save my feedet Flights.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkertech
            How do I get all these charts to show
            (1) First Step is to go to this page and complete configuration:
            ip-of-pi/install

Note down the "Administrator Login" and "Administrator Password" you enter during this process. You will need it for logging-in to admin page to change settings.

If you have already configured this page, then go to step (2)

(2) Graphs are shown on following page
            ip-of-pi/graphs.php

NOTE: The graphs may not show immediately after installation and completion of configuration. Graphs may take about 15 minutes to show.
            You can force these to show/refresh by following command
            Code:
            sudo ~/adsb-receiver/build/portal/graphs/make-collectd-graphs.sh 24h

(3) To change settings
            ip-of-pi/admin

You will be required to use Administrator Login and Password you have set in step (1).

All I can figure out how to get is the Map, no other tabs. I have dump Mu I can get the gmap but no tabs.
            Now it says it can't reach my IP:8080
            Good to know you can see Map.
            The Web Portal modifies settings, so after its installation, you can not see anything on :8080. It will show "Unable to connect" or "This site can’t be reached".

Sorry for the questions new to RAPI
            No need to apologize. Every one has been new to Pi at start. I have also passed through this stage.

Last edited by abcd567; 2018-08-13, 01:28.

Comment

I am running the programs on my Stratux, in case any one wants to know if its possible. I just bought a separate SD card and installed everything there. the stratux SDR's work fine. So when I go flying, I just swap the sd cards. Now that I see how it works I may just build a dedicated one to leave running all the time.
              Last edited by Hawkertech; 2018-08-13, 17:43.

Comment

I did a fresh install and this time avoided the Advance options. After completion I get a empty blank page on my web browser even after reboot my pi feeder. What could be wrong? I followed your guide very strictly and still no luck. I just want to get the ADS-B Performance Graph up only. Is there a another way just to install the Performance Graph up only minus the whole web portal?

Comment

rodyeo
                  Try clearing browser cache (Ctrl+Shift+Delete) and Reload browser (Ctrl+F5)

Comment

Has anyone tried automated installation script recently? Couple of months ago there were some problems/bugs. I am not sure if these have been fixed by J Prochazka.

Comment

Hallo there,
                      I'm already running a Pi with three feeder installed on it (FR24, FA and PF) and all is working smoothly. I recently bought an ADS-B external antenna and a RTL-SDR R820T2 dongle to install it at my parents' home. After having installed everything and tested before mounting the antenna, all worked like a charm, then after mounting the antenna on the roof I have this screen always showing up.
                      Schermata 2019-01-02 alle 15.39.29.jpg
                      I tried also testing the antenna reception with app GQRX and I receive radio regularly; after that I tried to reset everything up and baking from scratch, but it didn't work.
                      Can someone help me out on how to solve this problem?

Thanks
                      maverick464

PS: I'm a newbie in coding (had followed abcd567's OT guide).

Comment

maverick464

Check your dongle by method given here:

Is My DVB-T RTL SDR Dongle Healthy?

Comment

Thanks abcd567,
                          I tried to test the dongle and everything seems to work fine. Here is the result:
                          Code:
                          Found 1 device(s):
                            0:  Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000001

Using device 0: Generic RTL2832U OEM
                          Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
                          Supported gain values (29): 0.0 0.9 1.4 2.7 3.7 7.7 8.7 12.5 14.4 15.7 16.6 19.7 20.7 22.9 25.4 28.0 29.7 32.8 33.8 36.4 37.2 38.6 40.2 42.1 43.4 43.9 44.5 48.0 49.6 
                          [R82XX] PLL not locked!
                          Sampling at 2048000 S/s.
                          No E4000 tuner found, aborting.
                          I tried also to plug the dongle to my MacBook and using GQRX I'm able to hear FM radio and ATC communications, but if I try to setup dump1090 on it, it doesn't receive any aircraft data.
                          To complete the picture posted above, after some hours the field MLAT running: changed from NO to YES

Comment

Is antenna connected to dongle? It may look to be connected, but the electrical connection may be broken. Check Continuity of coax cable and check connectors. Which antenna and coax you are using? Is the dongle a generic DVB-T (Black or Blue)? Does it have MCX connector or SMA connector? If you can post a photo, it will help.
                            Last edited by abcd567; 2019-01-03, 09:49.

Comment

The antenna is connected to the dongle, as I'm able to receive FM radio correctly via GQRX app on both RPi (after having stopped dump1090-mutability and fr24feed instances) and MacBook.
                              After first installation I went to the roof and I tried to disconnect and reconnect again the coax cable from/to antenna.
                              The antenna I'm using is the one below, bought on jetvision.de website as well as the dongle I'm using which has a SMA connector directly connected to the coax cable to the antenna.
                              Antenna and coax cable
                              Schermata 2019-01-03 alle 11.32.10.png
                              RPi installation
                              IMG_6609.jpg
                              GQRX app test on FM radio frequency taken from RaspberryPi
                              Schermata 2019-01-03 alle 11.30.52.jpg
                              Antenna istallation (sorry if I don't provide pics, but I can't go to the rooftop at the moment)
                              IMG_6610.jpg

Hope those pictures will help.
                              Other tests made are asking status of dump1090-myutability, fr24feed, PiAware and PlaneFinder:

dump1090-mutability
                              Code:
                              pi@Pi24:~ $ sudo systemctl status dump1090-mutability
                              ● dump1090-mutability.service - LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant)
                                 Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability; generated; vendor preset: enabled)
                                 Active: active (running) since Thu 2019-01-03 11:58:38 CET; 33min ago
                                   Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
                                Process: 30712 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                                Process: 1474 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                                 CGroup: /system.slice/dump1090-mutability.service
                                         └─1484 /usr/bin/dump1090-mutability --net --ppm 0 --fix --lat yy.yyyyyy --lon xx.xxxxxx --max-range

gen 03 11:58:37 Pi24 systemd[1]: Starting LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant)...
                              gen 03 11:58:38 Pi24 systemd[1]: Started LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant).
                              lines 1-11/11 (END)...skipping...
                              ● dump1090-mutability.service - LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant)
                                 Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability; generated; vendor preset: enabled)
                                 Active: active (running) since Thu 2019-01-03 11:58:38 CET; 33min ago
                                Process: 30712 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                                Process: 1474 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                                 CGroup: /system.slice/dump1090-mutability.service
                                         └─1484 /usr/bin/dump1090-mutability --net --ppm 0 --fix --lat 45.364795 --lon 11.786116 --max-range 300 --net-ri-port 30001 --net-ro-port 30002 --net-bi-port 30004,30104 --net-bo-

gen 03 11:58:37 Pi24-Abano systemd[1]: Starting LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant)...
                              gen 03 11:58:38 Pi24-Abano systemd[1]: Started LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant).
                              fr24feed
                              Code:
                              pi@Pi24:~ $ sudo systemctl status fr24feed
                              ● fr24feed.service - Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
                                 Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
                                 Active: active (running) since Thu 2019-01-03 11:58:43 CET; 37min ago
                                Process: 1510 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/fr24/create_missing_directories.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                                Process: 1504 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/fr24/unregister_kernel_modules.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                                Process: 1499 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/fr24/install_dump1090.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                               Main PID: 1515 (fr24feed)
                                 CGroup: /system.slice/fr24feed.service
                                         └─1515 /usr/bin/fr24feed

gen 03 11:58:42 Pi24 systemd[1]: Starting Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder...
                              gen 03 11:58:43 Pi24 systemd[1]: Started Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder.
                              PiAware
                              Code:
                              pi@Pi24:~ $ sudo systemctl status piaware
                              ● piaware.service - FlightAware ADS-B uploader
                                 Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/piaware.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
                                 Active: active (running) since Wed 2019-01-02 18:50:01 CET; 17h ago
                                   Docs: https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/
                               Main PID: 710 (piaware)
                                 CGroup: /system.slice/piaware.service
                                         ├─  710 /usr/bin/piaware -p /run/piaware/piaware.pid -plainlog -statusfile /run/piaware/status.json
                                         ├─ 1576 /usr/lib/piaware/helpers/faup1090 --net-bo-ipaddr localhost --net-bo-port 30005 --stdout --lat yy.yyy --lon xx.xxx
                                         └─16450 /usr/lib/piaware/helpers/fa-mlat-client --input-connect localhost:30005 --input-type dump1090 --results beast,connect,localhost:30104 --results beast,listen,30105 --resul

gen 03 12:15:37 Pi24 piaware[710]: 18 msgs recv'd from dump1090-mutab (0 in last 5m); 17 msgs sent to FlightAware
                              gen 03 12:20:37 Pi24 piaware[710]: 18 msgs recv'd from dump1090-mutab (0 in last 5m); 17 msgs sent to FlightAware
                              gen 03 12:25:33 Pi24 piaware[710]: mlat-client(16450): Receiver status: connected
                              gen 03 12:25:33 Pi24 piaware[710]: mlat-client(16450): Server status:   not synchronized with any nearby receivers
                              gen 03 12:25:33 Pi24 piaware[710]: mlat-client(16450): Receiver:    0.0 msg/s received        0.0 msg/s processed (0%)
                              gen 03 12:25:33 Pi24 piaware[710]: mlat-client(16450): Server:      0.0 kB/s from server    0.0kB/s TCP to server     0.0kB/s UDP to server
                              gen 03 12:25:33 Pi24 piaware[710]: mlat-client(16450): Aircraft: 0 of 0 Mode S, 0 of 0 ADS-B used
                              gen 03 12:25:37 Pi24 piaware[710]: 18 msgs recv'd from dump1090-mutab (0 in last 5m); 17 msgs sent to FlightAware
                              gen 03 12:30:37 Pi24 piaware[710]: 18 msgs recv'd from dump1090-mutab (0 in last 5m); 17 msgs sent to FlightAware
                              gen 03 12:35:37 Pi24 piaware[710]: 18 msgs recv'd from dump1090-mutab (0 in last 5m); 17 msgs sent to FlightAware
                              PlaneFinder
                              Code:
                              pi@Pi24:~ $ sudo systemctl status pfclient
                              ● pfclient.service - LSB: planefinder.net ads-b decoder
                                 Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/pfclient; generated; vendor preset: enabled)
                                 Active: active (running) since Wed 2019-01-02 18:50:01 CET; 17h ago
                                Process: 368 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/pfclient start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                                 CGroup: /system.slice/pfclient.service
                                         └─634 /usr/bin/pfclient -d -i /var/run/pfclient.pid -z /etc/pfclient-config.json -y /var/log/pfclient $

gen 02 18:49:57 Pi24 systemd[1]: Starting LSB: planefinder.net ads-b decoder...
                              gen 02 18:50:00 Pi24 pfclient[368]: Starting pfclient: pfclienterror: unexpectedly disconnected from boot status daemon
                              gen 02 18:50:01 Pi24 pfclient[368]: .
                              gen 02 18:50:01 Pi24 systemd[1]: Started LSB: planefinder.net ads-b decoder.
                              The next step, as soon as I'll come back to my parents place is to buy a black DVB-T dongle with small internal antenna and test the config.
                              If it works it's something between ADSB antenna and dongle. I'll then try to connect the antenna to the black dongle with an adapter from SMA to MCX (as black DVBT dongle has MCX connector).
                              All of this IF you don't have any magic test to do that solves the problem.
                              Last edited by maverick464; 2019-01-03, 11:44.

Comment

maverick464

Check your F to SMA adaptor which is between coax and dongle. It may possibly be RP-SMA instead of SMA.
                                These two look exactly the same and BOTH fit perfectly well to dongle's SMA-female terminal.

The catch is here:
                                The SMA-male has a center pin which fits into hole of SMA-female of the dongle, providing continuity of center wire of coax.
                                The RP-SMA does NOT have a center pin, but a hole. This results in discontinuity of the center wire of coax.
                                This discontinuity stops signals from antenna to reach the dongle.

TEMPORARY WORKAROUND
                                Cut a piece of thin wire and insert in hole of RP-SMA-male to act as a pin

Comment

Working...
                                X