Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automated Installation of Dump1090-Mutability, Data Feeders, and Performance Graphs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eurolocke
    replied
    abcd567:

The installation process still gets stuck. Running your command led to the following message:

Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
    Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
    Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
    Probieren Sie »apt-get -f install«, um dies zu korrigieren:
    Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
    python-dev : Hängt ab von: libpython-dev (= 2.7.9-1) soll aber nicht installiert werden
    Hängt ab von: python2.7-dev (>= 2.7.9-1~) soll aber nicht installiert werden
    rtl-sdr : Hängt ab von: librtlsdr0 (= 0.5.3-3) aber 0.5.4~git-1 soll installiert werden
    E: Unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten. Versuchen Sie »apt-get -f install« ohne Angabe eines Pakets (oder geben Sie eine Lösung an).

Let me know if I better set my Raspberry to English.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Oblivian:
    Thanks for reminding about @, and posting screenshot of eurolocke's post which got blocked due to use of @.

eurolocke:
    Try following command to overcome the broken installation of package python-dev

Code:
    sudo apt-get -f install python-dev

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    I ask again.

Please REFRAIN from using @ symbols to get someones attention. This is vbulletin. Not twitter. It helps in no way to direct their attention to posts (everyone gets a notification email regardless)
    All it does is prevent new users who quote or attempt to replicate the format have moderated posts that go un-noticed.

moderated.jpg

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    @eurolocke:
    The script is trying to download and install Plane Finder Client version 3.5.461.

This version is now outdated and no more available for download, hence the script failed to download and install it.

The current version is 3.5.469. Please install it manually by commands given below:

Code:
    #download pfclient installation file
    wget http://client.planefinder.net/pfclient_3.5.469_armhf.deb

#after download is successfully completed, install the downloaded file
    sudo dpkg -i pfclient_3.5.469_armhf.deb

Leave a comment:

• eurolocke
    replied
    Hi I am new to this forum and stuggeling at pfclient package's installation. I was executing abcd567's brilliant script until coming up with the following message:

Installing the Plane Finder ADS-B Client package...

Entering the Plane Finder ADS-B Client build directory...
    Installing the Plane Finder ADS-B Client v3.5.461 for ARM devices package...

dpkg-deb: Fehler: »/home/pi/adsb-receiver/build/planefinder/pfclient_3.5.461_armhf.deb« ist kein Archiv im Debian-Format
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Archivs /home/pi/adsb-receiver/build/planefinder/pfclient_3.5.461_armhf.deb (--install):
    Unterprozess dpkg-deb --control gab den Fehlerwert 2 zurück
    Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
    /home/pi/adsb-receiver/build/planefinder/pfclient_3.5.461_armhf.deb

Checking that the pfclient package was installed properly...

INSTALLATION HALTED!
    UNABLE TO INSTALL A REQUIRED PACKAGE.
    SETUP HAS BEEN TERMINATED!

The package "pfclient" could not be installed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Plane Finder ADS-B Client setup halted.

Press enter to continue...

I am using Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2 with the OS Raspbian GNU/Linux 8.0.
    Many thanks for helping me out!

Leave a comment:

• F450
    replied
    Hello,
    hmmm......i do not find the adsbexchange Directory there

adsbreceiver.JPG

any idea what is wrong ?

tnx info
    herb

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
    @Jschmaltz
    Are you just feeding adsbexchange or also participating in their MLAT?

There are two files which control these two functions.
    Code:
    ~$ dir adsb-receiver/build/adsbexchange
    adsbexchange-mlat_maint.sh
    adsbexchange-netcat_maint.sh
    For normal feed( by netcat), you dont have to do anything.

Code:
    ~$ sudo nano adsb-receiver/build/adsbexchange/adsbexchange-netcat_maint.sh
    # you will see this:

#! /bin/sh
    while true
      do
        sleep 30
        /bin/nc 127.0.0.1 30005 | /bin/nc feed.adsbexchange.com 30005
      done

For mlat, during installation process by automated script, your latitude, longitude and antenna elevation above sea level are entered. Sometiems these values are not saved in the file. You can then edit the file and enter missing values.
    Code:
    ~$ sudo nano adsb-receiver/build/adsbexchange/adsbexchange-mlat_maint.sh

#you will see this:

#! /bin/sh
    while true
      do
        sleep 30
        /usr/bin/mlat-client --input-type dump1090 --input-connect 127.0.0.1:30005 --lat xx.xxxx  --lon yy.yyyy  --alt zzz --user aaaaaa --server feed.adsbexchange.com:31090 --no-udp --results beast,connect,127.0.0.1:30104
      done

#if user (aaaaa), or latitude (xx.xxxx), or longitude (yy.yyy), or alttitude in meters (zzz) is missing, enter it manually

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    @Jschmaltz
    Are you just feeding adsbexchange or also participating in their MLAT?

There are two files which control these two functions.
    Code:
    ~$ dir adsb-receiver/build/adsbexchange
    adsbexchange-mlat_maint.sh
    adsbexchange-netcat_maint.sh
    For normal feed( by netcat), you dont have to do anything.

Code:
    ~$ sudo nano adsb-receiver/build/adsbexchange/adsbexchange-netcat_maint.sh
    # you will see this:

#! /bin/sh
    while true
      do
        sleep 30
        /bin/nc 127.0.0.1 30005 | /bin/nc feed.adsbexchange.com 30005
      done

For mlat, during installation process by automated script, your latitude, longitude and antenna elevation above sea level are entered. Sometiems these values are not saved in the file. You can then edit the file and enter missing values.
    Code:
    ~$ sudo nano adsb-receiver/build/adsbexchange/adsbexchange-mlat_maint.sh

#you will see this:

#! /bin/sh
    while true
      do
        sleep 30
        /usr/bin/mlat-client --input-type dump1090 --input-connect 127.0.0.1:30005 --lat xx.xxxx  --lon yy.yyyy  --alt zzz --user aaaaaa --server feed.adsbexchange.com:31090 --no-udp --results beast,connect,127.0.0.1:30104
      done

#if user (aaaaa), or latitude (xx.xxxx), or longitude (yy.yyy), or alttitude in meters (zzz) is missing, enter it manually

Leave a comment:

• Jschmaltz
    replied
    What's the best way to get into the ADS-B Exchange feeder settings? I don't seem to be showing up on their coverage map, so I'd like to fix that feeder without breaking the other three (working) feeders.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by codename062
    Awesome, worked like a charm on my rpi connected with the usb tuner. This is exactly what I was trying to get working using various other scripts and web based monitoring tools.
    Is there an option to get it working on an rpi connected with mode-s beast to USB and what additional steps needs to be to done?
    (1) Mode-S Beast to dump1090

(2) What is Easiest Way To Install Dump1090-Mutability

(3) Using a Raspberry Pi with The Mode-S Beast
    Last edited by abcd567; 2016-12-01, 14:39.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    @majo

This message is from Debian, on which Raspbian Jessies is based. It happened with me when I last upgraded, and I just ignore it and pressed q to quit this message.

Leave a comment:

• majo
    replied
    While updating the required packages list during the installation process I get this message:
    plymouth.JPG
    What should I do?
    Thanks

Edit:
    Installation works fine after just entering "q".
    But what kind of a software/service is that?
    Last edited by majo; 2016-11-22, 17:51.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by Flieger28
    Maybe a dumb question. I used the script and it worked perfekt. Right now i would like to change my Rasbian from SD-Card to HD to use the advanced features. My question is, how can i switch to the advanced features. Do i have to install all again or is there a feature to switch from basic.

Regards
    Eike
    I myself did not know how to do it, so I decided to try.

FIRST ATTEMPT - Failed
    Code:
    #run the installation script
    cd ~/adsb-receiver
    ./install.sh

#Installation process started
    #I said No to everything till reached option to install web portal, and said yes to it. 
    #The portal installation started, checked and found all components of web portal are already installed, 
    #and completed WITHOUT offering option for Advance
    SECOND ATTEMPT - Success
    Code:
    #First emptied html folder
    sudo rm -rf /var/www/html/*

#Now run the installation script 
    cd ~/adsb-receiver
    ./install.sh

#Installation process started
    #I said No to everything till reached option to install web portal, and said yes to it. 
    #The portal installation started, and asked if I want to install Advanced option
    #I chose SQL Lite, and it went ahead and installed the advanced option.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by milo
    Flightradar webpage shows that I am online but there is no data uploaded. But planefinder shows a lot of ads-b uploads.

Any help?
    Your FR24 settings are:
    receiver="dvbt"
    host="127.0.0.1:30005"

Try settings I use for my Pi/dvb-t, which is feeding FR24 successfully. These are:
    receiver="AVR(TCP)"
    host="127.0.0.1:30002"

On a computer on same LAN as your Pi, type in the address bar of browser:
    (1) IP of Pi:8754 - see if upload is shown
    (2) IP of Pi:8754/settings.html - see/change your settings.

See my settings below

FR24 status.png FR24 settings.png

NOTE: If on your Flightradar24 statistics page it says "Current upload rate: 0 KB/s", but your graphs are showing data, just ignore it.

See my stats page below. It also shows "Current upload rate: 0 KB/s", but graphs show data.

FR24 stats CYYZ-9.png

If the problem is still not solved, ask in the relevant thread for FR24 feeder help.

Last edited by abcd567; 2016-10-27, 19:57.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by jarda View Post
    That will indeed rebuild/upgrade dump1090-mutability if I tell it to. But it won't do anything for piaware as far as I can tell. It ignores the feeders once they are installed. I assume I could use flightaware web site to send upgrade command to piaware, if I configure it to do automatic updates?
    Please see Flightaware forums regarding Piaware upgrade.
    I have raised this issue there. Please see my post linked below, and a number of response posts after it:

Some user have reported successfully upgrading Piaware data feeder using method described by Flightawre
    Upgrade a version of PiAware to directly feed live ADS-B data to FlightAware via a Raspberry Pi running dump1090. Step-by-step instructions presented.
    Last edited by abcd567; 2016-10-26, 15:05.

Leave a comment:

• jarda
    replied
    Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
    The dump1090-mutability and Piaware are NOT installed by "apt-get install". Insted source code is downloaded and .deb package is built in the Pi. Hence "apt-get upgrade" will not upgrade to latest version. The update/upgrade is to be done as follows:

Code:
    cd ~/adsb-receiver
    git fetch --all
    git reset --hard origin/master
    ./install.sh
    That will indeed rebuild/upgrade dump1090-mutability if I tell it to. But it won't do anything for piaware as far as I can tell. It ignores the feeders once they are installed. I assume I could use flightaware web site to send upgrade command to piaware, if I configure it to do automatic updates?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X