X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show radars in themap

It should be possible to show the different radars in the map area

Hi Sarotti,

The reason why Flightradar24 don't display the "radar" location is due to privacy reasons for feeders. Please note that if you select an aircraft you can see the radar that has detected this in the aircraft details panel. You can also filter for specific "radar's" by using the ID, for further details about filtering please check out the below blog post:

Take a closer look at Getting the most out of the new filters on Flightradar24.com and learn how to take advantage of the new filter panel.

Originally posted by sarotti View Post
    It should be possible to show the different radars in the map area
    Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelan View Post
      Hi Sarotti,
      Please note that if you select an aircraft you can see the radar that has detected this in the aircraft details panel. You can also filter for specific "radar's" by using the ID
      https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/u...flightradar24/
      Surely you can only see the Radar ID that FR24 has assigned to that flight which may be tracked by many other feeders? And, correct me if I'm wrong, the filtering will only show those flights that FR24 has assigned to that ID?

Right now my radar ID filter shows just two flights (out of over 100) which, I suspect, have been randomly assigned to me as they're in busy areas, hundreds of miles away from my location.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

If the reason for not showing is for privacy (which is a perfectly valid reason) how about putting something in our settings to allow our own radar to be shown - ie give permission for the location to be shown.

- or do the same as a lightning detection network, and show an approximate location.

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
          Surely you can only see the Radar ID that FR24 has assigned to that flight which may be tracked by many other feeders? And, correct me if I'm wrong, the filtering will only show those flights that FR24 has assigned to that ID?

Right now my radar ID filter shows just two flights (out of over 100) which, I suspect, have been randomly assigned to me as they're in busy areas, hundreds of miles away from my location.
          It has been spelled out here before, particularly by Mike, that your theory is largely correct. It seems to me that the first feeder to catch a particular flight at cruise altitude often, but not always, hangs onto it for an extended period. This does not often apply at lower altitudes. I have seen very few planes attributed to a completely implausible feeder that could not possibly have detected it at any time during the flight. It also intrigues me that T feeders, particularly around airports, seem to get their fair share of "credits" despite there often being multiple F feeders in operation at the same time. One would expect the F feeders to be the first to grab each plane and hang onto it. It is certainly a far from random process.

I'm only aware of this stuff because my main interest is tracking particular aircraft and flights, not feeders, but the feeder data is there too and you cannot help but observe trends over time.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
            It has been spelled out here before, particularly by Mike, that your theory is largely correct.
            I was only challenging Gaelan's post which, in my opinion, didn't provide a solution to the original request. But Gaelan appears to work for FR24 so maybe something has changed? Or he doesn't understand how it works?

As for showing the radar location on a map, I can think of at least one other flight tracking company that shows these. For "privacy" the feeder can choose the level of positional accuracy.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I wish this was a possibility as well, Even if they only appeared at a certain zoom level so pinpointing isnt possible.
              Would give an idea of where coverage improvements could be made. Other then putting a RPi in every family members house and my offices dotted across wales adding coverage is a bit hit and miss.

Why not a coverage map like the mobile phone companies used to do?

Comment

Originally posted by JonPugh View Post
                I wish this was a possibility as well, Even if they only appeared at a certain zoom level so pinpointing isnt possible.
                Would give an idea of where coverage improvements could be made. Other then putting a RPi in every family members house and my offices dotted across wales adding coverage is a bit hit and miss.

Why not a coverage map like the mobile phone companies used to do?
                Essentially the theory is, Cell towers don't switch off at will. Feeders do

Some might be up for months, some hours. And if there aren't many overlaps. The holes can be as big as 600nm as they do.
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I suppose that Flightradar24 wants as many radars as needed/possible for tracking all airplanes.
                  I seem to be the only radar in my area and I also see some times that flights (Dash 8) I hear approaching/leaving the airport is not on the map.
                  If you want us to try to get other people to become feeders we should be sure there is no other radars in the area without having to "go though" several airplanes.
                  We find it but have to do a lot of unnecessary work and for me I have given up.

Comment

Working...
                  X