Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slammer99uk
    replied
    It seems I spoke too soon. Bang on 07:30 this morning it crashed again.

I cannot understand why I seem to be the only one suffering from this problem on three different machines

J

Leave a comment:

• slammer99uk
    replied
    Not touching anything, now its working

J

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by slammer99uk View Post
    Followup - Looks like Oblivian hit the nail on the head - I disabled all USB power saving options and what do you know? No crash for 3 mornings on the trot

What does puzzle me a bit is that my SBS-3 is connected via ethernet and USB does not come into the connections at all - Still what works, works

Many thanks for the replies

J
    You can also mod the power options on network adaptors too. But if it was the cause its possible you have a USB device connected that causes a full interrupt for some reason (bad driver or chipset handling)

Leave a comment:

• slammer99uk
    replied
    Followup - Looks like Oblivian hit the nail on the head - I disabled all USB power saving options and what do you know? No crash for 3 mornings on the trot

What does puzzle me a bit is that my SBS-3 is connected via ethernet and USB does not come into the connections at all - Still what works, works

Many thanks for the replies

J

Leave a comment:

• Sam26K
    replied
    Hi Slammer99uk, you should get a Raspberry pi for FR24. It works really well .

Leave a comment:

• slammer99uk
    replied
    Sorry I should have mentioned Win 10 on a surface Pro 4. So i don't think the Pi stuff comes into it

I have now gone through the USB hubs and unticked the power saving feature and checked I have 1.0.16-11 which I think is the latest version.

So now comes the waiting, hopefully I may have an update in the next couple of days.

J

Leave a comment:

• stanno
    replied
    Earlier versions of the Raspberry Pi software would check for updates every day at about 7:30. There was a bug in the script to do with permissions that would cause a crash.

If you search back through the forum you will find the details.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Got the latest version?

Turned off 'allow Windows to turn off this device to save power' on USBs?

Got a router clearing your internet connection?
    - double check logs dont do something funny for the server connection to be severed

There was an issue with an earlier version that dropped, but that was later resolved.

Leave a comment:

• slammer99uk
    started a topic FR24 crashing same time everyday

FR24 crashing same time everyday

I am not sure if it is a local problem or not, between 07:30 - 07:34 every day the FR24feed program crashes almost without fail. Over the last few days it has crashed 3 times between 07:30 - 07:40. Fortunately I have a bat file that runs under task scheduler when it detects the event, closes the CMD window and starts a new one off again all within about 3 seconds.

If the problem is not local, does the server do some task around this time, perhaps some housekeeping etc? I have a good reason for asking this. I have tried two different laptops and have just bought a top end MS Surface Pro 4. All 3 exhibit the same behaviour.

I am totally baffled by this, for the remainder of the 23 hours 59 minutes and 56 seconds it's pretty solid.

If anyone has any ideas, I am listening

J
    Last edited by slammer99uk; 2016-08-25, 09:28.
Working...
X