Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry PI B network connectivity lost after fr24feed install

Hi!

I have a problem. I have brand new installation of Pi. Got image from flightrada24 deository and it starts OK and gets IP and everything runs ok. After I configure FR24feed service and start it I loose all network connectivity and network card looses IP addresses. Any idea or hint what could be wrong?

G.

What I got so far. Clean install of rasbian latest image. network works OK routes OK. When FR24feed service starts all routes gets deleted. Any idea why?

Comment

Hi!
      The automated way worked for me:
      sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"

Gesendet von meinem Be Touch 3 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by von Papst View Post
        What I got so far. Clean install of rasbian latest image. network works OK routes OK. When FR24feed service starts all routes gets deleted. Any idea why?
        On your pi, via console, have you checked the `/etc/network/interfaces` file and checked `ifconfig -a` ? Additionally, when you lose connectivity, you've ran `route -n` and checked what `ip route list` is stating, right?

The only thing the fr24 bash script does is check for root, then import a GPG key, modifies the repo list and adds the FR24 repo, runs an apt update and installed the feed. After that, it simply runs the signup process and chmod its config file.

Just ran this on my other pi (fresh RBPi3 install at that), and have not had any loss of network connectivity. Is this wireless or wired on the pi?

Comment

I've used script to install fr24feeder and the script runs OK. I enter sharing key and all necessary data and till this step it is everything OK and routing table is configured OK. At the end I run command service fr24feed restart as specified by script and when the service restarts itself I lose all configuration the routing table is empty and IP configuration on eth0 is blank and eth0 is down. Evidently in my case it is a LAN wired berry. I tried with different distribution for RPi and different SD cards always same result when I start fr24feeder after initial setup all network config gets corrupted. This is really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by von Papst View Post
            I've used script to install fr24feeder and the script runs OK. I enter sharing key and all necessary data and till this step it is everything OK and routing table is configured OK. At the end I run command service fr24feed restart as specified by script and when the service restarts itself I lose all configuration the routing table is empty and IP configuration on eth0 is blank and eth0 is down. Evidently in my case it is a LAN wired berry. I tried with different distribution for RPi and different SD cards always same result when I start fr24feeder after initial setup all network config gets corrupted. This is really annoying.
            I've never seen this behaviour exhibited on any flavor of linux personally. Is the eth0 configured in DHCP or Static IP configuration?

Comment

Me too. It doesn't matter if I configure network card to DHCP or static in every case it is the same scenario. I even pu piaware distribution up and it works OK up to the point when I start fr24feeder service. I'm tottaly baffled why is this happening? What has fr24feed service to do with network configuration. I've even checked statup script for fr24 and there is nothing related with networking. The funny thing is that if I leave rasbpian linux working without fr24 service installed it works perfectly ( at first I suspected that the network interface is getting overheated).
              Can anyone help me with image of working system?

Comment

Working...
              X