Flightradar24 feeding data to Flightradar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightradar24 feeding data to Flightradar24

For weeks now I have been having an ongoing problem, one day it logs into the system almost instantly, and will do so no matter how many times I reboot, and another day the opposite, no matter how many time I reboot, either the computer or the program won’t log in.

As I am living in an area where there is little or no trackers, have a great view over the ocean, live within proximity of an international airport, I had envisioned if I could do so without connection issues, I would add a large antenna and set up a 24 hour connection of a raspberry PI

I will only be living here for a few years then I will return to Canada, my plan was to give away a working setup so there would be better coverage here, as most aircraft drop off the face of the earth long before landing in the Philippines.

But I can hardly see investing money into what seems to be a failed project, is it my server? I can see aircraft over my house in radar view, yet it registers as not connected by flightradar24. How can I be watching overhead aircraft on radarview and still not be connected?

When you say radarview, are you meaning the one you get to via online links or something else?

You can understand my concerns when the last 2 issues you have had were both time sync and wrong location settings, both of which will cause the server to ignore your data if incorrect or outside parameters

I'm running a beast on windows with planeplotter and other apps all downstream from windows fr24feed, and its been online for about 4 months straight now since I last rebooted it...
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

In regards to your first question, yes, http://radarview.flightradar24.com/

Location setting are perfect, time settings are -0.061 according to http://time.is/

I reboot often as I do a lot of work in video editing every day, it cleans out the machine, some days the connection is flawless all day long, right now even with the -0.061 time difference its continuously unable to connect, if i leave it on for about 8 hours, then sometimes it will fire up after 6 or 7 hours.

I would love to find the problem, and or solution so everyone's help is appreciated.

When I ran the same equipment in Canada, not once did I ever have a problem with either this desktop, or the dongle and antenna.
      So it begs the question of whats the difference, other than location.

Comment

So when you moved you advised help desk of Id and new location too? There is a server side setting that needs to match within 300nm of targets GPS reported.

Also, when you say disconnected are you getting that from a statistics page, config page or app output window. As some of these have bogus info.

There was an issue with TCP vs UDP to the server but this was clearly visible on app start.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

screenshot_341.png The new location is set and correct to within about 50 ft of where Google Earth put its marker. Disconnected as per the attached image. Showing a steady green/red icon in the tray.

The puzzling thing is why does it work some days, regardless if I go offline, or reboot, when I load it again it works, other days it does not with exactly the same settings?

Comment

Depending on which half of the icon (its not defined), red can mean no connection to server. Or no data from receiver.

And going by your max distance and total, I'd be betting your signal isn't enough to trigger uploads so its dropping your connection as a timeout.

You are better to monitor the app window for more information. It will sit there merrily logging upload packets, ping keep-alives onscreen to observe

The other bug, is if the uploader is crashing, dump1090 is probably still running in the background as a task. The output will also help to see this. The only way to restart is reboot, or kill process

Comment

Its now run for about 4.5 hours and has suddenly for no reason started again, it should remain on now based on previous experience till my next reboot, then were back to if or not it will come on again.
              screenshot_342.png

Why would it refuse to start for so long then have no problem running as it does now?

Here is a screenshot of what it was doing for over 4 hours.

screenshot_340.png
              Last edited by kanisrj; 2016-08-23, 09:34.

Comment

Someone from support team would need to clarify what the global timeout exceed refers to.

But looking at the time sync I do wonder if there is a server side block on clients unable to confirm current time.

Comment

But again.. 8nm, literally ontop of you only. Are you sure there is actually traffic out there (or enough signal to be)

Comment

While I agree the small antenna has not got a lot of reach, mostly due to the concrete house I live in, so its forward and sideways only. On forwards I cover the entire Gulf of Davao and pick up most international flights as soon as they come over the mountain on the other side of the gulf, the airport here is almost a clear shot to the runway. While I do get that a poor signal could make a difference, why does it work one day and not another.

I have seen many aircraft that started tracking 54nm away, and continue until the passed behind my house. Most local flights from the north, arrive over the gulf and fly past out house within a few miles, considering there is almost a flight every hour, even on a bad day it should not have to take 5 hours to find an aircraft.

I left it running overnight, and it has no problems tracking aircraft now after 2 days of consistently failing to synchronize? I agree a good antenna would help gain considerably more coverage, i am not yet convinced it would not be a waste of money if connectivity remains a problem?

screenshot_343.png

Comment

Now on the website its says i am not connected, but the icon on my tray says it is, I have no idea if I need to reboot it or what?

screenshot_344.jpg

Comment

This is where without knowing how patchy the signal is, or how the server interoperate connection state based on it if you will be stuck without ensuring local end is as good as it can be first.

If you use dump1090/radar view it bypasses the packets sent to the server. Consider this raw info. it also holds onto aircraft targets with patchy signal to stop them appearing/disappearing from screen constantly. You often won't know if you are getting good signal if it displays refresh every 10sec, when there is actually data sent from planes twice a second.

Data is bundled and sent to fr every 6 or so seconds. And theres is filtering requirements (undisclosed criteria) for constant data streams before it will accept it as a valid target to send on.

In this respect, unless you monitor the loader data output for a bit, between all your time sync errors to marry the remote status vs local ad it happens, it'll be hard to tell if the server is ignoring your data due to quality, time difference, or if the dump1090 service it calls on the pc is having an issue and although one portion is connecting, not sending

Comment

Also pays to note the status page on acct may not be real-time updated.

Comment

Working...
                          X