Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Raspberry Pi Receivers - Sharing Key & other questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Raspberry Pi Receivers - Sharing Key & other questions.

Hi All - After some advice,
    I submit data to FlightRadar via my Raspberry Pi and it works great - being running for about a month and a half now and very happy with it.

What I want to do now is deploy a number of systems at my parents, grand-parents etc as they are geographically distant from me.

When I signed up originally I was given a sharing key via email.
    In preparation for deploying one of the Raspberry Pis at my parents I built it via the download and configuration, but when I entered the sharing key and the other information etc it started working immediately.
    This therefore detected flights and reported them at a range of 300+ miles because I had configured it with my parents coordinates.
    I quickly powered it down when I realised what it was doing.

So, questions - should each receiver have a individual sharing key? - How can I (with one account) have multiple receivers? Or should I create multiple accounts - one for each receiver?

Finally, when I switched back to my original receiver I was issued a different name - I went from T-EGxx16 to T-EGxx18 - should that have happened? I don't "mind" it is just of interest.

Thanks in advance,
    Marcus

Originally posted by marcusjclifford View Post
    Hi All - After some advice,
    I submit data to FlightRadar via my Raspberry Pi and it works great - being running for about a month and a half now and very happy with it.

What I want to do now is deploy a number of systems at my parents, grand-parents etc as they are geographically distant from me.

When I signed up originally I was given a sharing key via email.
    In preparation for deploying one of the Raspberry Pis at my parents I built it via the download and configuration, but when I entered the sharing key and the other information etc it started working immediately.
    This therefore detected flights and reported them at a range of 300+ miles because I had configured it with my parents coordinates.
    I quickly powered it down when I realised what it was doing.

So, questions - should each receiver have a individual sharing key? - How can I (with one account) have multiple receivers? Or should I create multiple accounts - one for each receiver?

Finally, when I switched back to my original receiver I was issued a different name - I went from T-EGxx16 to T-EGxx18 - should that have happened? I don't "mind" it is just of interest.

Thanks in advance,
    Marcus
    If you change co-ordinantes or email the feeder key will change as it has.
    to get a 2nd ID under same login needs to be done manually
    email support and give accurate GPS coords while requesting 2nd sharing key for 2nd site - and include the 2 IDs you beleive are tied to you for them to clean up.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
    X