Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi help

Hey everyone,

I have my PI set up and reporting to Flightradar. I have an issue though. After a week or so, my pi stops communicating through my wifi. It seems to just stay on but stop reporting. I unplug / replug it and it may last a few days but some times it only lasts a few hours. Anyone have any idea on what to do so that my PI will stay on wifi?

How is your setup configured? Biggest mistake is too long of a cheap USB cable between receiver and RPi or insufficient power to the RPi itself.

If you don't think that's the problem, just buy another DVB-T stick, they are cheap.

Edit: Actually this problem sounds like it's an RPi problem. Do you have auto updates enabled? I always disable auto update but you might find a correlation. Otherwise I would look at replacing the power supply and maybe the RPi itself (or maybe just reformat and start from scratch first).
    Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-07-27, 06:17.

Comment

I second Sam26K's answer. PSU, but just to be sure, if you installed your feeder with the official script, I would make sure all the software is up to date first.

SSH in,

run

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

If your still having problems, could be your PSU. Have a look, and make sure its rated at least 2000mA. Some USB power supply are real cheap and nasty and cause a lot of noise. They are built down to a price. Some are even dangerous with little or zero mains isolation.
      T-EGMC85 - SEN

Comment

Working...
      X