Dual / Multi RPi Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual / Multi RPi Setup

I've recently updated my setup to 2 xRaspberry Pi 3.

Thanks to searching the forum (I hate people who don't) i was able to combine both feeds using Netcat, to give me one output on my No-IP site. I've imaged the SD card of Pi#1 onto Pi#2, so it allows me to provide a consistent upload in the event i need to work on one device - thus no downtime for the FR24 Stats - and providing some redundancy.

All i need to do is simply stop the Netcat feed to Pi#1 if i work on Pi#2.

I've also built another homemade 16 element CoCo antenna for the additional RPi, and as i live in an apartment there's no roof mounted possibility, but a great location balances that. As you can see, from the pictures below, i've purposely made both antennas look like an "electrical installation" with 20mm conduit and clips - and they're pretty covert looking as well, with no neighbours asking questions!!

IMG_1599 (1).jpg IMG_1662.jpg IMG_1664.jpg

I'm in Glasgow, Scotland, T-EGPF65, and by using the other antenna alone, i've increased coverage to the North of Scotland, and Islands. Now i'm receiving 1000+ planes per day.

FR24-Screen.jpg

My plan is to install another Rpi / CoCo for coverage to the East, and upgrade to Dump1090-Mutability.

Feel free to send suggestions / advice - Especially on Pre-Amps / Filters etc.

Thanks Forum!!
    Last edited by p0werslave; 2016-07-24, 16:48.
Working...
X