Announcement

Collapse

DO NOT POST NEW THREADS HERE

This area is read only. And does not allow new topics

If you have legitimate suggestions - add them to the appropriate exisiting threads.
See more
See less

FUTURE FEATURE REQUEST'S - For website

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fat Blob View Post
    A forum where we could report database errors and changes would be a nice addition.
    What happened to the old topic?

Comment

• Local Time. I would like to see my local time so I don't have to convert it from UTC. In playback but also in the top upper right corner.
      Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Local Time. I would like to see my local time so I don't have to convert it from UTC. In playback but also in the top upper right corner.
        Thanks
        Playback harder as the raw data from airlines is tattooed and lots to convert all sources at once

But can local already after prev request

Screenshot_20211129_065955_com.flightradar24free.jpgScreenshot_20211129_070036_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Why is the maximum Filter altitude 65,000?
          There should be an Unlimited or something.
          IG I am seeing a balloon at 68,000 feet and would like a filter for those high fliers!
          Thanks,
          Keith

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
            More levels of zoom please. Right now, "5" is too small for my purposes and "6" is too big. a 100-point scale would be a huge improvement. Thanks!

MyMouse.png

I have the same issue. The granularity has become practically unusable.

Sliding away from topic here for a second, so haters please don't blast me for wrong-topic posting...It seems to have changed in the last 2-3 weeks,. Concurrent with the Bookmarks change. I had a bookmark saved for my most used view (use FR24 as an airline agent at an airport) Now it's more steps to get to what should be what is normally a quick access preset)

BACK ON TOPIC...
            I began experimenting and note something... When I use the scroll wheel, it seems to provide a "random" zoom level with each tick. It does not seem consistent. I watch the level (very bottom right of the map) and it will go 100km to 20km next tick, 200km next tick 100km.

What I have "discovered" ...
            I recently bought a new mouse. I wanted something with more features. I got a Logitech M720 Triathlon which has an amazing feature; you click the button below the scroll wheel and it disengages the wheel clutch so that scrolling goes from click to continuous (a smooth scroll). Truly useful in detail work such as this. The mouse is amazing in many ways, you can look it up for yourself. Not a subject for here.
            If I hold my breath and time it with the tide rushing out, I can get to the level of zoom I once had.

So upgrading your mouse may help... Shouldn't have to but this is my workaround. Hope it helps others.

Last edited by TomDLSRQ; 2021-12-22, 14:08.

Comment

• smooth scroll options on win may also contribute
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Is it possible with the website which allows making several filters but not by family

Comment

• Hi,

Could some consideration be given to adding a direction filter along with the other filters?

What I'm thinking of is a straightforward eastbound or westbound binary choice, with the criteria being set to a magnetic track of 000-179 for eastbound, and a magnetic track of 180-359 for westbound.

This would be useful for finding North Atlantic traffic that is going in the opposite direction to the prevailing direction (eastbound at night and westbound during the day).

Just a thought.

Cheers!

Comment

• They really REALLY need to add a check box to each filter so it is AND / OR.
                    It is currently AND for different "types" of filters, IE adding a filter requires to match the other filter(s) you have selected, showing less aircraft.
                    And it is currently OR for the same "type" of filter.

OR selection for different types would give you the option to add those aircraft to your other filter(s).

What do others think about this??
                    Thanks.

Comment

• I would also like to see more variables with filtering - let's be honest FR24 does like to shout about the filtering facility!
                      As a starter, let us say I am visiting an airport, let's pick one - Frankfurt.
                      I can filter for FRA easy enough, great. Now since there will be plenty of Lufty flights I now want to EXCLUDE anything DLH.
                      Of the remaining flights visible I'm really interesting in seeing say Chinese only, therefore reggies starting B-* please.

In short filtering to include or exclude plus wildcards - I may want to see only aircraft types that begin A3*, or exclude them as I may live in Toulouse and want to see something different on my travels.

Feeding FR24 since 11/09/13

Comment

• Hello,
                        I noticed that the Zeppelin airships mostly flying in southern Germany are displayed as ballons rather than airships. Is is possible for the admins to change the yellow symbol? That would be awesome. Detailed information: Zeppelin NT type LZ N07-101; SN 002 003 and 004; tail numbers are D-LZNT, D-LZFN, D-LZZF.
                        Im really looking forward to your reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by BitSailer View Post
                          Hello,
                          I noticed that the Zeppelin airships mostly flying in southern Germany are displayed as ballons rather than airships. Is is possible for the admins to change the yellow symbol? That would be awesome. Detailed information: Zeppelin NT type LZ N07-101; SN 002 003 and 004; tail numbers are D-LZNT, D-LZFN, D-LZZF.
                          Im really looking forward to your reply.
                          Please write to support@fr24.com asking them to forward to the developers. The frames are in the db correctly with SHIP type ID, so it's their department to assign the correct icons.
                          Editor

Comment

• As the subject says, I have a couple of suggestions that I think would help some people.

1. The "FOLLOW" button. I would like to see that button be a toggle so you can follow an aircraft until it is UNfollowed. As it is now. If I follow an aircraft and touch anything else on the screen, the follow is turned off. Even just moving the screen (or even just touching it), zooming in or out, or checking another aircraft will stop the follow. Numerous times I have been following an aircraft and just want to take a peek at another one. The follow is terminated and sometimes it can be difficult to find the aircraft I was interested in.

2. On android, if I have a plane selected, and rotate the screen to horizontal, the aircraft information pane takes up almost half the screen. A feature to slide the information panel in and out would be nice.

3. I would also like to see a feature where the aircraft icons would be the same color as the tracking line so you can see at a glance what altitude all of the aircraft are.

Other than that, GREAT app.

Wayne

Comment

• FR24 really needs to figure out if they're going to find a way to make the gate/baggage area feature useful or not, and if not, get rid of it. A lot of the time, the arrival gate and baggage claim information is blank.

FR24 also needs to figure out if they're going to make aircraft data useful or not. A lot of the time the vertical speed reading is missing, true airspeed, indicated airspeed, mach, wind, and temp are also missing consistently. When it comes to features and data, if you can't provide it, you shouldn't be cluttering up a user's screen with it.

I want to concur with a user who posted their feature request in the wrong place, but who, none-the-less has a great idea! Integrate aircraft data with LiveATC/ARTCC regions. Would be nice to also see each sector of an ARTCC region, and data for those ARTCC sectors.

Is there any option so if you click on a live flight in CONUS it can show which artcc sector it's in as well as a link to the liveatc feed of that sector if it's available?

Another useful feature would be to include ACARS messages from the flight. Nor everyone has or can afford an ACARS setup. Gold members and higher should be able to use this feature if ever FR24 does this.

Comment

• Another thing that would be great to see, for both the website AND IOS/Android apps:

If an airline is publicly traded on the stock market and has a stock market symbol assigned to them, include the stock symbol and current market value as a link to a credible stock market news site such as Market Watch. Example: American AIrlines flights would display the stock symbol AAL, and the stock symbol would be highlight in blue as a clickable link bringing the user to the URL, and next to or under the AAL stock symbol, you can include basic real-time stock data about that airline.

Maybe creating a news aggregation page on FR24 for users to see news about each airline from major news sources would be helpful as well, and FR24 could then have a permanent link to their own news articles about each airline by airline name. For example, American Airlines would have a section on FR24 where users could find original FR24 articles written BY FR24 staff on American Airlines, etc. Yes, you already have a search feature for the FR24 blog, but creating a special FR24 resource for each airline would be awesome!
                                Last edited by Oblivian; 2022-06-29, 05:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X