Announcement

Collapse

DO NOT POST NEW THREADS HERE

This area is read only. And does not allow new topics

If you have legitimate suggestions - add them to the appropriate exisiting threads.
See more
See less

FUTURE FEATURE REQUEST'S - For apps (iOS and Android)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wesyah234
    replied
    I'm a new user and I just set up my feed station. I really like this entire toolset. Suggestions:
    1. In the AR mode, it shows the distance I am away from the aircraft, but I don't see that distance when I view the details on the aircraft on the normal map view. I would LOVE to be able to see the distance away when clicking on an aircraft in the normal overhead map view. It's inconvenient to go into AR mode just to see that distance. Unless I'm missing something here.
    2. I would like to be able to set an alert to notify me when an aircraft of a certain criteria is near to flying over my location. Then I can run outside and take a look! For example: Any time an aircraft is flying faster than x speed and closer than 3 miles from my location, let me know... or, anytime a certain helicopter is in the area...

Leave a comment:

• Xray
    replied
    When using the AR [formerly binocular icon] function, as you drag the slider the distance shows in miles, then disappears when you let the slider go. Why not have this distance stay on the screen ? Kind of hard to even see it while you are sliding, I don't see the point of it disappearing.

Leave a comment:

• Edilson.Carlos
    replied
    My suggestion is including filtering by hexcode specifically and "No.Reg" aircrafts.

For example: I would like to filtering by aircrafts with E49 of hexcode initial and the fr24 show me all the aircrafts with hexcode that starts with E49.

Filtering by "No.Reg" are helpfully to search aircrafts without registrations in databases.

My third suggestion is including alert by specifically hexcode. I input an specifically hexcode in the app and when this hexcode is appears the app alerts me.

Leave a comment:

• windshearpt
    replied
    Originally posted by hansp View Post
    I´m also a great supporter of this request!
    Me to!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• AirlinerSpotter
    replied
    Can we get a night mode like in Google maps?

Leave a comment:

• hansp
    replied
    Originally posted by AirlinerSpotter View Post
    I recently started to feed FR24 with a raspberry pi. I would love to see what I am tracking in live thanks to a filter showing only the planes under my radar.
    I´m also a great supporter of this request!

Leave a comment:

• HikokiOtaku
    replied
    Filters: could we please have the ability to add more than one airport on one filter, just like you can on the web version.

Even better if you can setup your own bookmarks or pull them across from the settings in your web login.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Graeme2812
    replied
    The addition of the receiver code (T-ABCD, F-EFGH etc) option under the Aircraft labels menu, giving the ability to see what receiver aircraft are being tracked by as part of their label.

Leave a comment:

• AirMe
    replied
    Germania Flug (GSW/GM) logo on app is frustrating because it has a white background. Can you change it with the used for Germania Airlines (GMI/ST)? It's the same logo, but the last one had transparent background. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Missing an engine
    replied
    How about been able to had a custom alert by touching an aircrafts reg,air craft type in the more info page ? It would be a lot quicker than the current system .

Leave a comment:

• jidanni
    replied
    Add plus and minus Zoom buttons to the map

Add plus and minus Zoom buttons, so we don't need our two fingers to mess with the map, often messing up the position etc. in the process.

Leave a comment:

• jidanni
    replied
    Second route line on the map: simply if they continued on their same azimuth

In addition to the route of great circle, please add a second line, the line that would be if they continued on their present azimuth.

And, on this second line, add markers where the plane will be if it continues at its current speed and azimuth, in 5 minutes, in 10 minutes, in 15 minutes, etc, etc.
    Last edited by jidanni; 2018-12-08, 17:48.

Leave a comment:

• jidanni
    replied
    Cache the map to save 99% of the user's data bill

In fact by simply caching the map, probably 99% of the user's data bill could be avoided.

For instance here I am in Taiwan, I really only need just a few tiles and it could last me for months. No need to keep on pulling them in over and over. I'm sure it's fine with the terms and conditions of your map providers, especially Openstreetmap. In fact they would be happier too.

Let's face it, at the scale of airplane flights, nobody really needs very detailed maps, so caching low magnification maps would be fine
    Yes, perhaps maps of airports are an exception.
    Last edited by jidanni; 2018-12-04, 03:38.

Leave a comment:

• jidanni
    replied
    Cache map upon closing, for faster startup next time

Cache maps upon closing the app, to enable faster startup when opening the app later.

There is good chance the user might be quite nearby where he was when he closed the app next time he opens the app. That way to avoid a momentary blank white screen do consider caching the final view map position he was looking at before.

Note I'm only talking about the tiles in view and not anything much bigger.
    Last edited by jidanni; 2018-12-03, 04:10.

Leave a comment:

• jidanni
    replied
    Add "cone of sound" overlay to the map

Add an optional so-called cone of sound overlay to the map. Thus people could pretty much predict when they will begin hearing a plane based on the advancing so-called cone of sound line reaching their location on the map.
    In fact all you need to do is just do it for one plane when they tap the plane.

As you know users using their raw eyes have little chance to see any of the plane's details, even less so at night. However their ears certainly can pick it up. Hence, the app should use more effort on the audio portion of the experience.
    Last edited by jidanni; 2018-12-03, 03:56.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X