Announcement

Collapse

DO NOT POST NEW THREADS HERE

This area is read only. And does not allow new topics

If you have legitimate suggestions - add them to the appropriate exisiting threads.
See more
See less

FUTURE FEATURE REQUEST'S - For apps (iOS and Android)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jidanni
    replied
    Employ the cell phone's magnetic compass to correctly rotate the map

I am sitting pointed south. However the map is permanently pointed north. It would be great if the cell phone's magnetic compass was used to rotate the map to match which way our cell phone is pointing. I am using the free Android version. Also it would be great if we could just lock the orientation for a little while, allowing us to turn off the compass and save even more power.
    Last edited by jidanni; 2018-12-03, 03:15. Reason: Format

Leave a comment:

• jidanni
    replied
    Allow users to turn off their GPS, thus saving power

The app should allow users to turn off their GPS, thus saving power, by offering a config item to remember current position.
    That's how many star watching sky maps apps work.
    Not all users are driving around. Some are simply on their veranda not going anywhere all night and thus no need to track their 4 meter wide movements at the expense of the battery.
    P.S., I tried to search the forum first for GPS but it said my string was too short.
    Last edited by jidanni; 2018-12-02, 14:53. Reason: formatting

Leave a comment:

• mimku
    replied
    Another couple more ideas:

3. Any time there is a hover pop-up for an airport name, please include the ICAO code of the airport! It's tedious having to do a web search every time for something that's already in the FR24 database but not exposed.

4. Make the registration in the aircraft details panel clickable and linked to the Aircraft Data page.

Leave a comment:

• mimku
    replied
    Couple of things that would make life easier:

1. A Pause button on the main live map, for when I'm switching away from FR24 to do something else and don't want it slowing everything else down. At present I do a three-click-pause by starting a replay and hitting the pause button.

2. Alerts that are generated when an aircraft enters the sharing system, not just when FR24 calculates a position for it from MLAT. Since FR24 knows the strongest uploader signal at any point in time it also has a rough idea of where the aircraft is, which should be enough to trigger an alert that it's airborne. Often the alerts never trigger for small aircraft / helicopters because MLAT never succeeds.
    Last edited by mimku; 2018-11-18, 13:27.

Leave a comment:

• delcomp
    replied
    Coxy,..

There is a filter that you can use,.. Its called Airports,. And you can set it for In and Out traffic.
    Or just the In traffic,.. Or just the out traffic

delcomp

Leave a comment:

• PatrickM
    replied
    Looking for the ability to get alerts for MSN (Manufacture Serial Number) and HEX codes.

Leave a comment:

• Pavol.F
    replied
    Maybe it is the same as previous post, but it could be good to add alert based on flightplan, I live near small airport, and when I dont listen radio, then is miss a lot of flights.

Leave a comment:

• Coxy
    replied
    Ability to filter just aircraft going to or away from a destination

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickeflygare View Post
    I would like to have the possibility to feed the radio traffic from my local airport to the FR24-system so it's possible to listen wherever I am.
    Most people use LiveATC or similar to listen, but I think it would be a good idea to have this included in FR24 and available for every user!
    Listening to it in some countries is illegal so they keep their distance from including.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mickeflygare
    replied
    I would like to have the possibility to feed the radio traffic from my local airport to the FR24-system so it's possible to listen wherever I am.
    Most people use LiveATC or similar to listen, but I think it would be a good idea to have this included in FR24 and available for every user!

Leave a comment:

• Kyle172
    replied
    Squawk 7700

Use the color Red for all aircraft squawking code 7700, every other aircraft color is yellow so itís hard to distinguish what flight has emergency when the rest of the icons are yellow

Leave a comment:

• altenae
    replied
    What about custom sounds for the notifications?

Add 5 aircraft sounds where we can pick from.
    The default sound is not distinctive from the other default alert sounds.
    Would be nice if you can recognize a flightradar alert on it's sound

I know you can choose from other custom sounds on Android but that is not possible on IOS.
    However this can be done by adding custom sounds added in the App itself.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Contrail View Post
    FR24, like the app and use it ALOT! Would love to see a custom alert that depended on my location. For example if I want to know when a particular aircraft is within 100km of me wherever I am. At present I have to go through all my alerts that have a "local" alert region and shift them when I go to another place.
    We are sorry, but this is technically not possible. Alerts are triggered and sent from FR24 servers. And FR24 servers don't (and can't) know the location of our users.

Leave a comment:

• arruba
    replied
    Referring to the post asking to fix the appearance in landscape mode on iPad or iPhone:

Yes, I agree!
    Also on iPad Mini it is impossible or very hard to follow a plane. Please, insert a button to hide the info tab.

Roberto

Leave a comment:

• Contrail
    replied
    FR24, like the app and use it ALOT! Would love to see a custom alert that depended on my location. For example if I want to know when a particular aircraft is within 100km of me wherever I am. At present I have to go through all my alerts that have a "local" alert region and shift them when I go to another place.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X