Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aircraft to be added into Flightradar24 aircraft database

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post
    A3C60D
    N342PM
    B738
    Boeing 737-823
    31269
    American Airlines
    AAL
    2017-06-00
    Can someone from the editing team please tell me why any American entries get completely ignored? Should I stop posting them altogether? This one above was post #10224. Posts #10223 and #10225 have both been added so clearly someone's looked at the post and thought "nah, can't be bothered with that one" and simply ignored it. WHY?

    This is just one example from hundreds of N additions that have been posted in this and the other thread only to be completely ignored. I get that there is clearly a back-end algorithm running to auto decode the hex codes but all that does is show the expected reg for a given hex. It doesn't confirm that the frame is using it and nor does it add details about the frame itself such as the type, owner/operator, msn etc etc.
    Last edited by Tyke's Aero blog; 2017-06-27, 19:00.

    Comment


    • 8964CF
      A6-MAX
      B38M
      Boeing 737-8
      60966
      FlyDubai
      FDB
      2017-03-00

      Comment


      • 06A2AF
        A7-BEK
        B77W
        Boeing 777-3DZER
        64062
        Qatar Airways
        QTR
        2017-06-27

        7811A8
        B-1475
        B738
        Boeing 737-87L
        61126
        Shenzhen Airlines
        CSZ
        2017-06-27

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AfricaWorldAirlines View Post
          04454
          9G-AFI
          E145
          EMBRAER 145 LR
          14501070
          AFRICA WORLD AIRLINES
          AFW
          044054
          9G-AFI
          E145
          Embraer ERJ-145LI
          14501009
          AFRICA WORLD AIRLINES
          AFW
          Don't know the ICAO type code? Look it up here.

          Comment


          • 7C428B
            VH-NFH
            C182
            Cessna 182T Skylane
            18282214
            Private
            2010-06-25

            Comment


            • TBM.jpg
              Originally posted by apgphoto View Post
              Its a TBM8 and TBM-850
              Really!

              Comment


              • 7C2B17
                VH-ISP
                S92
                Sikorsky S-92A
                920161
                HNZ Australia
                2012-00-00

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nomad77 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]8764[/ATTACH]

                  Really!
                  Yes really DGAC like the FAA use the type certificate information not the ICAO type or manufacturer type.

                  TBM8 MSN's are in the range 346-687 TBM9 is 1000 ->

                  Click the link for a pretty picture it even says TBM-850 on the tail https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8535681

                  Case closed as you would say

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by apgphoto View Post
                    Yes really DGAC like the FAA use the type certificate information not the ICAO type or manufacturer type.

                    TBM8 MSN's are in the range 346-687 TBM9 is 1000 ->

                    Click the link for a pretty picture it even says TBM-850 on the tail https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8535681

                    Case closed as you would say
                    All Australian TBM700 are listed by CASA as TBM7 as well as the above. I remember a thread about this sometime back, what exactly happened
                    to create this situation. It's a bit of a worry when you have to look at a picture to see what an aircraft is, clearly someone changed the rules.

                    I don't claim to know everything and appreciate people correcting that information that is wrong but it helps when they add something to explain
                    like a link to the information used.

                    This is especially the case when the information differs from an offical site where you would think the information would be correct.

                    Chrs

                    BTW my "Case closed ?" was a question not a statement
                    Last edited by nomad77; 2017-06-28, 07:22.

                    Comment


                    • 399120
                      F-HEJA
                      DA40
                      Diamond DA 40 NG
                      40.N329
                      A.T.A. Distribution

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post
                        This is just one example from hundreds of N additions that have been posted in this and the other thread only to be completely ignored. I get that there is clearly a back-end algorithm running to auto decode the hex codes but all that does is show the expected reg for a given hex. It doesn't confirm that the frame is using it and nor does it add details about the frame itself such as the type, owner/operator, msn etc etc.
                        And that would be so easy to do as so many other database providers prove. It would simply be a case of downloading the USA registry for FREE and then importing it in to the FR24 database. An automated process that would save everyone time.

                        Too easy?

                        Comment


                        • 45CACB
                          OY-RVK
                          RV8
                          Vans RV-8
                          80033
                          Private
                          2016-12-21
                          Last edited by airbum; 2017-06-28, 08:59. Reason: DATE ADDED

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by nomad77 View Post
                            All Australian TBM700 are listed by CASA as TBM7 as well as the above. I remember a thread about this sometime back, what exactly happened
                            to create this situation. It's a bit of a worry when you have to look at a picture to see what an aircraft is, clearly someone changed the rules.

                            I don't claim to know everything and appreciate people correcting that information that is wrong but it helps when they add something to explain
                            like a link to the information used.

                            This is especially the case when the information differs from an offical site where you would think the information would be correct.

                            Chrs

                            BTW my "Case closed ?" was a question not a statement
                            FAA, DGAC and CASA (and others) are taking the information from the TCDS.

                            The problem with the TBM is that the 850 and 9xx are variants of the 700.

                            In TCDS talk the 700A/B/C is a 700 and the 850 and 9xx are 700N but they are all variants of the 700 so the FAA, DGAC and CASA (probably others too) register them as TBM700 at least the UK CAA register the 850 and 9xx as TBM700N.

                            The 850 and 9xx dont exist as new aircraft they are just trade names for improved versions of the 700, so the relevant authorities use the overall TCDS for the TBM700.

                            Even if they used the variant and registered them under TBM700N you would still have TBM-850, 900, 930 and now 910 to choose from

                            I did correct all the FR24 errors with the TBM-900 and 930 in the data error thread in May, no idea if they have been applied.

                            If you want to look at the EASA TCDS https://www.easa.europa.eu/system/fi...-%20SOCATA.pdf

                            In case you are wondering the Airbus single aisle TCDS is for every A318/9/20/21 produced. The different types are listed as individual models so they exist as real aircraft and not variants that's why they are registered as you would expect and not just as A320 for example.

                            Clear as mud and I spend way too much time working with TCDS

                            Comment


                            • 001260
                              PR-ZDI
                              RV10
                              Vans RV-10
                              41312

                              Comment


                              • 505C6A
                                OM-ACJ
                                B744
                                Boeing 747-433 BDSF
                                25075
                                Air Cargo Global
                                CCC
                                1991-07-24

                                ex TC-ACJ.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X