This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nomad77 View Post
    Seems to be a shambles, with the form being used you now have no idea whether the aircraft has been entered into the form
    but not the DB, or indeed how many times it may have been entered. No one will tell you if multiple entries in the form are possible
    or if the first data entered in the form can be overwritten by following entries. No efforts appears to have been made to address
    the current shortcomings with this data. No way to know if data provided via forum page was used to update DB or was it taken
    from the form.

Seriously wonder why people keep adding data on aircraft which are immediately hidden as generic type ie CL60 as the new Australian
    SAR fleet has been hidden.

More and more General Aviation aircraft seem to be heading this way....
    At the bottom of the database update form....

Submitted data will be reviewed before updating Flightradar24 aircraft database. Normal review time is 1-72 hours.
    Don't know the ICAO type code? Look it up here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post
      I must admit I don't understand what is going on in the heads of people that post military or bizjet tie-ups. What are they aiming to achieve given that the bizjets are immediately reduced to a generic type or even fully blocked status with no other frame or tracking info and in the case of military, removed from the map entirely! I'm sure the site owners love it as someone else does all the hard work and in the case of the biz all they have to do is spend 1 second clicking a button to hide it from public view but surely the people who actually use to site want to know the details of what's flying overhead so why would you go out of your way to help REDUCE the number of planes showing on the map?!? Bonkers!
      Problem is that its not FR24s making, the FAA BARR list is regularly updated so any FAA registered aircraft can suddenly become blocked. Add to that individual requests which block or mask the type even more... Other sites that do show restricted commercial aircraft are being looked at by authorities, in the future i really think that dynamic hex codes will become common place for those on the block list.

Here in Italy we even have R-22 helicopters now masked as purely R22 and its interesting to see that some aircraft (not military or anything security related) that are full ADSB are not even broadcast on FR24 web/apps.

We are on a loosing battle in many ways with the info that we give the site......

Comment

• Originally posted by 40612 View Post
        At the bottom of the database update form....

Submitted data will be reviewed before updating Flightradar24 aircraft database. Normal review time is 1-72 hours.
        1-72 hours that should be days if you are lucky

Comment

JA92MK
          AS50
          Airbus Helicopters AS350B3 Ecureuil
          Private

Comment

• 1502BC
            RA-67260
            DH8D
            Bombardier DHC-8-402Q
            Aurora

Comment

• Originally posted by apgphoto View Post
              Problem is that its not FR24s making, the FAA BARR list is regularly updated so any FAA registered aircraft can suddenly become blocked.
              It doesn't get to that stage if people don't send in the frame details! They remain visible on the map, usually displaying their registration as callsign in the case of bizzers, but if not then the hex code will be there. There are enough online resources to find out the frame details from a hex code if one so desires. Much better than seeing BLOCKED.
              <<< Tyke's Aero Blog >>>. Documenting Boeing production and deliveries since 2004.

Comment

• A0C85C
                N15FJ
                F900
                Dassault Falcon 900EX
                Private Owner
                1994-00-00

Comment

• <<< Tyke's Aero Blog >>>. Documenting Boeing production and deliveries since 2004.

Comment

This aircraft is not listed in the FAA's ASDI Block list, BTW.

Comment

• Originally posted by dedevillela View Post
                      This aircraft is not listed in the FAA's ASDI Block list, BTW.
                      Makes no difference. Admin will block it based on type.
                      <<< Tyke's Aero Blog >>>. Documenting Boeing production and deliveries since 2004.

Comment

• E49307
                        PR-SRU
                        SR22
                        CIRRUS DESIGN
                        Private Onwer

Comment

Makes no difference. Admin will block it based on type.
                          Well, it depends on the particular admin discretion, since there's a lot of bizjets on FR24 with their full data, except for the owner/operator field. Take a look a this other F900, e.g. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n900fj

Comment

• Originally posted by dedevillela View Post
                            Well, it depends on the particular admin discretion, since there's a lot of bizjets on FR24 with their full data, except for the owner/operator field. Take a look a this other F900, e.g. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n900fj
                            You are showing me a blocked F900 which is exactly my point.

Comment

• Hex:3D0769
                              Reg.: D-EBBD
                              Type: Cessna 172
                              Owner: Flugservice Sömmerda GmbH

Hex: 3D065D
                              Reg.: D-EAQV
                              Type: Aquila A210
                              Owner: Flugservice Sömmerda GmbH

Comment

• Blocked in the FAA list, but not in the FR24 site. I understand your concerns, trust me. Again, there are several bizjets from the US and other countries wich are not blocked. I'm from Brazil, so one local example... https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/pp-ipr Might not have flight history or realtime display of the data, but the info is in the db.

Comment

Working...
                                X