This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 401C54

A friend of mine is in the cockpit of this "helicopter" today, hes checked and cant see any rotors

Comment

• Please remove my aircraft from database:

Van's RV-8
      I-LUKE
      mode s 300432

Somebody put the samecode s on an other aircraft and there are a lot of confusion

Comment

• Originally posted by lucaperazzolli View Post
        Please remove my aircraft from database:

Van's RV-8
        I-LUKE
        mode s 300432

Somebody put the samecode s on an other aircraft and there are a lot of confusion
        Put your registration ILUKE in your transponder callsign field then we will see where the problem is. Looks like ADSB feeder coverage is very poor in NE Italy anyway from the jittery track logs in the flight history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Blob View Post

Put your registration ILUKE in your transponder callsign field then we will see where the problem is. Looks like ADSB feeder coverage is very poor in NE Italy anyway from the jittery track logs in the flight history.
          My XPDR has the right code callsign ILUKE, I found another track and speed for the flight for today (it seems a real flight performed from another ac) thankx

Comment

My XPDR has the right code callsign ILUKE, I found another track and speed for the flight for today (it seems a real flight performed from another ac) thankx
            When did you last fly? I can see flight history for 300432 back to 27 June 2020 and none of the flights have transmitted a transponder callsign. If you have flown since that date then you haven't configured any callsign otherwise it would show under the 'flight' column :

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/i-luke

Here is an example of an Italian plane with a correctly configured transponder callsign (I-OZZL) :

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/i-ozzl

Comment

When did you last fly? I can see flight history for 300432 back to 27 June 2020 and none of the flights have transmitted a transponder callsign. If you have flown since that date then you haven't configured any callsign otherwise it would show under the 'flight' column :

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/i-luke

Here is an example of an Italian plane with a correctly configured transponder callsign (I-OZZL) :

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/i-ozzl
              Brainstorming... I did my last flight this morning (a couple of hours ago) and if I search for ILUKE the tracks are not mine. It's

Comment

• Ciao Luca because your XPDR is not full ModeS the tracks are "estimates" of your flights, it depends on the amount of receivers around you for a more accurate location and speed, it uses triangulation between the receivers. There are not so many in your normal flight area so your speeds will be random, the last track on FR24 shows you at 530kts Because there are not enough receivers the callsign is not picked up correctly, if at all.

Another website shows your tracks today from Venezia (approx) to Trento (approx) and back, again not precise because of the way that these systems calculate things.

Which track do you think is not you?

Also to add it happens with some of the aircraft I fly too
                Last edited by WayneKing; 2021-06-26, 16:02.

Comment

Brainstorming... I did my last flight this morning (a couple of hours ago) and if I search for ILUKE the tracks are not mine. It's
                  Part of your post seems to be missing. I think the problem could be FR24 has poor feeder coverage as I said before. There is a partial track on ADSBexchange of a flight today : https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=300432

However once again please note that no callsign was entered in the XPDR - "callsign n/a".

Comment

• Originally posted by WayneKing View Post
                    Ciao Luca because your XPDR is not full ModeS the tracks are "estimates" of your flights, it depends on the amount of receivers around you for a more accurate location and speed, it uses triangulation between the receivers. There are not so many in your normal flight area so your speeds will be random, the last track on FR24 shows you at 530kts Because there are not enough receivers the callsign is not picked up correctly, if at all.

Another website shows your tracks today from Venezia (approx) to Trento (approx) and back, again not precise because of the way that these systems calculate things.

Which track do you think is not you?

Also to add it happens with some of the aircraft I fly too
                    "Another website shows your tracks today from Venezia (approx) to Trento (approx) and back," thats mine for today is not complete because of the mountains. Thanks you

Comment

Part of your post seems to be missing. I think the problem could be FR24 has poor feeder coverage as I said before. There is a partial track on ADSBexchange of a flight today : https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=300432

However once again please note that no callsign was entered in the XPDR - "callsign n/a".
                      Thanks a lot, just to understand: in Italy, we receive from the Ac registration authority a code that is configured into the xpdr, I suppose that only in Usa you can put November callsign into the unit. Btw I'll try next time to check whats happens, but for today the FR24 track is a mystery Thank you a lot for attention to my posts !

Comment

• ModeS/Hex-code: 3D77A6
                        Airline: Finistair
                        Operator code (ICAO): FTR

ModeS/Hex-code: 399671

Comment

• Originally posted by bsu3 View Post
                          ModeS/Hex-code: 3D77A6
                          German hex..
                          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

German hex..
                            Yes but it is with the German HEX that it always appears on FR24 (see capture)

Comment

• 4D02DC
                              LX-FLI
                              Pilatus PC-12 NGX
                              Jetfly Aviation
                              JFA

Last edited by bsu3; 2021-06-27, 09:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsu3 View Post

Yes but it is with the German HEX that it always appears[I] on FR24 (see capture)
                                Because it's miscoded. Don't report miscodes.
                                German hex = german reg. D-FROG is what it was. Now sold
                                French hex = French reg.

The owner needs to reprogram it. It won't be changed until then
                                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                                X