A321
    Airbus A321-231
    Red Wings
    RWZ
    2002-10-17

Reuse of Hex previous aircraft scrapped

Comment

• Originally posted by fungus View Post
      Tyke it seems there are different levels of blocking, and it may be up to the aircraft owner/operator in this case to unblock it, that's if they're even aware it's blocked;

https://www.nbaa.org/ops/security/ba...t-status.php#2

I'm not sure the BARR listing hasn't been superseded but I'd think it's pretty much the same these days. I'm still checking. It may or may not be a FR24 problem.

Regards,
      Gregg

Footnote: I'm seeing Bible-length Pdf's and so on regarding this topic and I may be incorrect. Hopefully some one from Admin can clear it up or correct it.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...ata_mgmt/barr/

This is doing my head in but it seems that if a request isn't received from an owner/operator by the FAA to unblock the aircraft (read there, 'transponder'), then FR24 may not be able to do so as they not only respect the system whilst other sites do not but would likely not even be aware of individual aircraft in this situation.

Aha, there are two lists. "The FAA only has one blocked at industry and blocked at the source block lists (Formerly the BARR, now the ASDI Block)" that's dated 2017 and it can take some time to unblock even when a request is received (by the FAA).

Also, "Please note that if your company sells an aircraft that is on the FAA ASDI block list you should inform the new owner of the ASDI block status of the aircraft, or request removal of the aircraft from the FAA ASDI block list after the sale." If this isn't done, or if the said transponder is re-used, it's not unblocked!

https://www.nbaa.org/ops/security/asdi/ I think this eloquently covers what I've been dribbling about.

I'm kinda wishing I hadn't entered this discussion.
      Fungus, that doesn't apply to this site. The BARR and ASDI blocks don't affect ICAO24 transponder codes. What you are referring to is the block in the ASDI feed which - as you mention - can either be applied at source or by the tracking site (flightaware being the classic example). For the plane to show as blocked on here with only with the ADS-B slider selected, that means that it's been blocked by the admin here and can also be unblocked. It's possible that it would still show as blocked on the 'US/Canada radar live' slider if N878DN is blocked at source but it would show up if being tracked by mode-s and the ADS-B slider was set to 'on'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post
        Fungus, that doesn't apply to this site. The BARR and ASDI blocks don't affect ICAO24 transponder codes. What you are referring to is the block in the ASDI feed which - as you mention - can either be applied at source or by the tracking site (flightaware being the classic example). For the plane to show as blocked on here with only with the ADS-B slider selected, that means that it's been blocked by the admin here and can also be unblocked. It's possible that it would still show as blocked on the 'US/Canada radar live' slider if N878DN is blocked at source but it would show up if being tracked by mode-s and the ADS-B slider was set to 'on'.
        Tyke,

Thanks for clarifying that. I knew you blokes were smarter than I am. It's given me the opportunity to learn a lot though. I think the change in name from 'FAA' feed to 'US/Canada....' has also confused the issue for me. Keep up the good work.

Regards,
        Gregg
        Last edited by fungus; 2017-05-19, 14:01.
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• I think FR24 have adopted the ASDI list and also have plenty of other personal/business individual blocks, we even have an R22 helicopter blocked here in Italy!

And to add to those that are displayed as 'Blocked' or just an ICAO Type there are those that are completely blocked and do not appear at all.

The poor Italian flight club who have a Cessna with a registration that starts I-AM** are not able to see their aircraft on FR24. When they enter the registration in the transponder its reads IAM** and FR24 block the callsign IAM of the Italian airforce

Comment

• 50835E
            B733
            Boeing 737-31S
            I3 / TBZ
            ATA Airlines

Comment

• Just wondering if there is an update for this post - https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ll=1#post90539

It was to add operator logos for two companies that were missing.

Comment

• VH-TQU is now a Cessna 208B. EC225 S/N: 2827 was exported to the Isle of Man register as M-ABJS.

Correct details for VH-TQU are:

Mode S: 7C6284
                Rego: VH-TQU
                ICAO: C208
                Type: Cessna 208B
                S/N: 208B2396
                Operator: Broome Aviation
                Last edited by rrekn; 2017-05-20, 04:49.

Comment

• ex N281MN

ModeS: A2D2D2
                  ICAO Type code: BE20
                  Type: Beechcraft King Air B200GT
                  MSN: BY-281
                  Airline: Private Owner

Comment

• AIRLINE DATA SHOULD BE UPDATED:-

The aircraft belonging to Aerolease has not been sold and owned by SAURYA AIRLINES of Nepal but still on flightradar database and flightradar24.com is tracking down the aircraft as Aerolease so, i kindly request to update the data base and change the name. The previous airline operator database and new airline data base has been mentioned below :-

PREVIOUS AIRLINE OPERATOR DATA :
                    ModeS: A93D72
                    ICAO Type code: CRJ2
                    Type: Bombardier CRJ-200ER
                    MSN: 7772
                    Airline: Aerolease
                    Paint code (ICAO):
                    Operator code (ICAO):

CURRENT AIRLINE OPERATOR DATA :
                    ModeS: A93D72
                    ICAO Type code: CRJ2
                    Type: Bombardier CRJ-200ER