Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edilson.Carlos
    replied
    So, guys, wouldn't it be interesting for you to recruit people from some countries to help with these edits directly in the database? Here in Brazil for example we have some people who could certainly help you in this work, I am one of them. I am willing to help with the addition of A / C as there are actually some aircraft here for some time without information.

Leave a comment:

• Rodent0_2
    replied
    Just like to say that if my aircraft doesn’t get added to the DB then my subscription will be cancelled and I’ll us an alternative platform where I know the information is already available.

Leave a comment:

• _toni
    replied
    Originally posted by WayneKing View Post

It is not 2 months long, nor is data added arbitrarily.

Yes it is and yes they are. I know from the aircraft that I control that they are added arbitrarily. Some are added within hours of being active without appearing in the forum and they are certainly not a "passenger aircraft" (you mean airliner?) I don't mind spotters being quick to recognise, by why they are added to FR24 in hours with such a backlog of data on this forum....

I will never understand why you don't employ a database manager, data is the key to this website and as one of your commercial customers I can say its getting worse and worse
    I was referring to the backlog from May onward. I personally went through most of it to add passenger aircraft. Also, many changes are done outside of forum thread like you mention yourself.
    Not all changes are posted here before entries are added or changed in the database.

Regarding employment of database administrator, this is a decision to be taken by company management and cannot be commented here. I can assure you that the management is aware of the situation and is assessing it regularly.

I don't think it makes sense to argue about business decisions here, but for sure that the size and quality of database is growing compared to 1,2 or 3 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• WayneKing
    replied
    Originally posted by _toni View Post

Also, when it comes to the backlog. It is not 2 months long, nor is data added arbitrarily. Obviously a new passenger aircraft is more important than a small non ADS-B equipped private aircraft and should be added beforehand.

It is not 2 months long, nor is data added arbitrarily.

Yes it is and yes they are. I know from the aircraft that I control that they are added arbitrarily. Some are added within hours of being active without appearing in the forum and they are certainly not a "passenger aircraft" (you mean airliner?) I don't mind spotters being quick to recognise, by why they are added to FR24 in hours with such a backlog of data on this forum....

I will never understand why you don't employ a database manager, data is the key to this website and as one of your commercial customers I can say its getting worse and worse

Leave a comment:

• nomad77
    replied
    Re above

"I am trying to spend more time in the forum as well, but it is not possible to monitor every single post."

I made a what I considered to be a reasonable post on the 8th of July. No response was made by you, that's
    hardly spending more time on the forum.

"Also, when it comes to the backlog. It is not 2 months long, nor is data added arbitrarily"

If posts have been there for more than 2 months then I'd say that's a 2 month backlog, some of mine are 4 years
    old.

"Obviously a new passenger aircraft is more important than a small non ADS-B equipped private aircraft and should be added beforehand."

There is a whole range of aircraft between new passenger aircraft and an ULAC (by which I assume you mean large RPT aircraft since even a Cessna 172
    can carry four passengers and by your criteria should be added first) so unless you have a list of aircraft by type to be added in order of
    precedence, then that becomes an arbitrary choice. What gets added first a ATR or a DHC8.

How do you know that an aircraft is a "small non ADS-B equipped private aircraft" many such aircraft are visible thanks to MLAT and as such are
    added to the forum each week. There is nothing to identify such aircraft in posts.

"As I mentioned previously we are aware of this backlog and are making decisions based on that."

Any chance we might see some progress in the near future?

Leave a comment:

• _toni
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Here's some discussion here then

Is there ever to be consideration to getting some more bodies to visit the forum a bit more often, or find some other moderators to join to focus on moderating the dud user entries with less.. 'stealth'.

Since the hack and forum traffic is now dominated by SEO/spam url users more than standard feeder help, it's obvious the dbase forum is the most popular for ongoing contribution while people feel they are doing their bit. To the level of sometimes page a day.

It would help if there was more than 1 being public facing and acknowledging presence regularly. Or morefmore Deleting the obvious wrong entries before people feel inclined to reply multiple times, (adding delayed changes using the quote functions and ultimately ending in abuse between each other or accusations noone is taking notice.)

At least noting when I'm attempting to fill such a gap and pointing out the correct format/too much data is being provided by a user (and also deleting the users and my responses afterwards in a self moderating form) because moving the posts here seem to then go unnoticed by the original poster.. (I've tried previously)

Such explanations/replies made are not just an attempt by a random user to add to the junk on purpose.

Even created a page to try help users who aren't sure about their submissions thats more informative than mantmas.

Was it wrong of me to try and man-splain the users concerns are unfounded there? Maybe. But short of silence or unexplained deletion leaving bad user experiences previously that's what's been required.

Although we're not 'offical', with help from other users without the same permissions, it's a sudden change to have someone interact, when we've been somewhat left trying to keep topics up to date, relevant and on track while offering some compassion and assistance via voluntarily user moderation ourselves for years.
    First, thank you for all of your hard work and comments in the forum.

The reason why I deleted the discussion is because there is no reason to argue in the thread when the user was obviously wrong and is trying to convince you the opposite. It is just clogging the update thread for people who should do the updates.

I am trying to spend more time in the forum as well, but it is not possible to monitor every single post. This is the reason why people editing the DB should check that all the information is correct when entering it in the DB.

Also, when it comes to the backlog. It is not 2 months long, nor is data added arbitrarily. Obviously a new passenger aircraft is more important than a small non ADS-B equipped private aircraft and should be added beforehand.

As I mentioned previously we are aware of this backlog and are making decisions based on that.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Here's some discussion here then

Is there ever to be consideration to getting some more bodies to visit the forum a bit more often, or find some other moderators to join to focus on moderating the dud user entries with less.. 'stealth'.

Since the hack and forum traffic is now dominated by SEO/spam url users more than standard feeder help, it's obvious the dbase forum is the most popular for ongoing contribution while people feel they are doing their bit. To the level of sometimes page a day.

It would help if there was more than 1 being public facing and acknowledging presence regularly. Or morefmore Deleting the obvious wrong entries before people feel inclined to reply multiple times, (adding delayed changes using the quote functions and ultimately ending in abuse between each other or accusations noone is taking notice.)

At least noting when I'm attempting to fill such a gap and pointing out the correct format/too much data is being provided by a user (and also deleting the users and my responses afterwards in a self moderating form) because moving the posts here seem to then go unnoticed by the original poster.. (I've tried previously)

You obviously saw the deleted replies email and information. That was intended. Posts like these trying to over-complicate explain things and not like the required data format on page 1 are not allowed.

Such explanations/replies made are not just an attempt by a random user to add to the junk on purpose.

Even created a page to try help users who aren't sure about their submissions thats more informative than mantmas.

Was it wrong of me to try and man-splain the users concerns are unfounded there? Maybe. But short of silence or unexplained deletion leaving bad user experiences previously that's what's been required.

Although we're not 'offical', with help from other users without the same permissions, it's a sudden change to have someone interact, when we've been somewhat left trying to keep topics up to date, relevant and on track while offering some compassion and assistance via voluntarily user moderation ourselves for years.

Leave a comment:

• WayneKing
    replied
    I know nobody at FR24 gives a ....

Why are miscodes being added such as 2E5A81 ?? Its miscoded deliberately so you don't add it

Who ever the clever editor is, please use Oblivian's guide for country hex

Who ever the editor is go back two months and work on those outstanding rather than adding miscodes when you are trying to be clever

No doubt the same editor but you have forgotten to add the serial for our EH10 anyway it should be blocked like all our EH10 are

Leave a comment:

• WayneKing
    replied
    Toni or anyone not that anyone at FR24 gives a

The backlog is now over two months

Is anyone going to do anything to address the situation? If not just close down this part of the forum to save us all wasting our time

Leave a comment:

• Traveller
    replied

I agree entirely! I live and work in Papua new Guinea where the Regulator has no time and little regard for accuracy or timely updates. Last update to civil aircraft register was October 2019.

I maintain a PNG register with HEX codes and unfortunately the regulator issues the same hex to two aircraft. Thats in itself takes me months to get rectified.
    I have asked to become an "editor" in the past .... just for Papua New Guinea.
    I've been waiting 3 to 4 months to see changes. Back to you!

There are very clever people at FR24 so I have a suggestion: Both new entries and database errors/changes.

(1) To make an entry you must first select a "Country" from a drop down menu.
    (2) then select "new" entry or "error" in database
    (3) Then submit your entry....
    (4) The system then forwards to data to a "trusted" editor by either country or zone. In my cases I would do all aircraft with a P2xxx prefix.

Easy to implement; and will achieve a higher degree of data accuracy in a timely fashion.
    Last edited by Traveller; 2020-07-08, 01:28.

Leave a comment:

• nomad77
    replied
    Almost a month since this was posted and today I did a quick check. There are over 140 pages of new aircraft to be added to the database. There are random aircraft from those pages that have been processed, but the bulk remain. There is little evidence that anything has been done to address this issue. You state the system is not perfect, well its not even adequate. I found aircraft data posted back in 2016 that was still waiting to be processed. It's patently obvious that the current arrangement are not working and I ask why are you not seeking more editors to address this problem. I've seen many people who posted on this forum finally give up and move on, many of the people would have been ideal editors, but any offers of assistance were dealt with using the standard FR response "The database is maintained by 20+ people doing their best. If you find incorrect data please report it.". If each of these 20+ editors did one aircraft each day we would not have over 140 pages of aircraft to be added. I did not even bother with the "errors" waiting to be corrected. Back to you!

Leave a comment:

• _toni
    replied
    Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you know one more time that we are aware of the backlog of aircraft updates on the forum and are doing our best to minimize it at the moment.

No matter we mostly rely on external DB editors like yourself we also do have internal resources for DB updates, like myself. As we do not have direct control on how many people are working and for how long situations like this one can occur.

None of us is a superman and aircraft DB work is not something that you can ever have 100% correct. Every day dozens of new AC are delivered, change operators, retired, scrapped etc. This is why we can only try to change as much data as possible.

We will definitely use this situation to think on how to organize in a better way, to minimize potential backlog.

Maxi_Tyrolean and anyone else...I understand that the current system is not perfect, but you can contact me anytime regarding DB updates or problems that you have. I don't agree that there is no response from FR24 side.

I would like to stress one more time how much FR24 values all contributors that share and update information on the forum.

Thanks a lot and don't hesitate to contact me in any case.

Toni
    FR24

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by Edilson.Carlos View Post
    The additions and corrections on database has stopped?
    Look at the post right before yours.

That 'team' of updaters isn't quite

Leave a comment:

• Edilson.Carlos
    replied
    The additions and corrections on database has stopped?

Leave a comment:

• Maxi_Tyrolean
    replied
    Originally posted by nomad77 View Post

So I guess the first question is has Maxi retired. If he has I for one would not blame him as he appears to have been carrying the entire workload
    of updating this forum. It's several weeks since any updates appear to have been done and they are building up to a sizeable number.

FR24's management of this area seems to be totally lacking. The standard response about the "team" of editors just waiting to add your posts has
    long since been shown as rubbish. For a commercial organisation to rely on one volunteer to update its most important data base seen bizarre.

If Maxi is not doing it anymore, what is FR24's plan, always assuming that they have one?

BTW Maxi thanks for all the great work you have done over the years.
    I'm still here but not with the same engagement than before. Backlog of "Aircraft to be added into Flightradar24 aircraft database" & "Data errors in Flightradar24 aircraft database" together is now more than 90 pages. So everyone needs to expect a delay of about, I don't know, maybe about 2-3 months(...and it's getting more and more)
    Last edited by Maxi_Tyrolean; 2020-05-31, 00:52.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X