Discussion about Flightradar24 database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then it likely is in this category

Do NOT post 'speculative' hex codes - for example, undelivered airframes. If editors cannot find evidence of an active hex record or 'ping' received then it will be excluded
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Then it likely is in this category
      I see... Well I know the code is not speculative but no problem I will wait until the aircraft start flying
      Bar Levy
      T-LLSD4

Comment

• Originally posted by NorskeTroll View Post
        96007 now registration without prefix RA-
        https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10728491
        I don't know how the editor's are going to address this
        just because presumably Russia wants to hide its aircraft from being easily associated.

Doesn't mean the reg has suddenly changed.
        Nor that it needs to match photos just so they show.

Far as I know The Chicago convention still says it must be.prefixed. and RA is the allocated prefix for Russia?
        Last edited by Oblivian; 2022-11-09, 18:44.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

I don't know how the editor's are going to address this
          just because presumably Russia wants to hide its aircraft from being easily associated.

Doesn't mean the reg has suddenly changed.
          Nor that it needs to match photos just so they show.

Far as I know The Chicago convention still says it must be.prefixed. and RA is the allocated prefix for Russia?
          There are 3 types of registrations in Russia:
          The first with the prefix RA-***, these aircraft have a certificate allowing flights in accordance with the Chicago Convention.
          The second one with the RF-*** prefix, these are military aircraft and helicopters, as well as passenger and cargo aircraft belonging to military departments.
          Third, this is without a prefix at all. This includes airplanes and helicopters that are not certified according to the Chicago Convention and are used on the territory of Russia. Usually these are test, experimental, test or service aircraft of aircraft factories or aviation research institutes. They are prohibited from carrying passengers or operating commercial flights.
          In our case, Ilyushin Il-96 reg. 96007 was removed from regular airlines and transferred to the "aviation industry" for testing PS-90 engines.

Sorry, for my english

Comment

• Hey I am writing here since its airlines update and not aircraft

Challenge Group is starting to operate its 3rd airline "Challenge Airlines MT" with a new code
            The group consits of:

"Challenge Airlines IL" (Israel) , Codes ICL/5C
            Aircraft: 4X-ICA

"Challenge Airlines BE" (Belgium) , Codes CHG/X7
            Aircrafts: OO-ACE, OO-ACF, OE-LRG

"Challenge Airlines MT" (Malta) Code CHZ (new airline no IATA code yet)
            Aircraft: 9H-CAD

More aircrafts coming soon
            Bar Levy
            T-LLSD4

Comment

• I am still waiting to activate aircrafts photos over FR24 , still not added .
              thank you

0180A3
              5A-BRD
              A320-214
              BERNIQ AIRWAYS

0180A1
              5A-BRC
              A320-214
              BERNIQ AIRWAYS

Photo Upload (planespotters.net)
              Last edited by ASAAD; 2022-11-19, 15:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASAAD View Post
                I am still waiting to activate aircrafts photos over FR24 , still not added .
                thank you

0180A3
                5A-BRD
                A320-214
                BERNIQ AIRWAYS

0180A1
                5A-BRC
                A320-214
                BERNIQ AIRWAYS

Photo Upload (planespotters.net)
                Fr24 has nothing to do with the photos
                The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

The data is there. Photos come from jetpbotos, not planesspotters. And you need to Go upload/ ask there.

Photos of aircraft on Flightradar24 are not hosted by Flightradar24 but come from the separate JetPhotos catalog.  The latest photo available for that registration in the JetPhotos catalog is shown when selecting an aircraft of Flightradar24. In...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hii View Post
                  AeroLogic's fleet comprises actually 21 aircraft. All aircraft are registered as D-AAL... and a letter of the alphabet in cronological order of entry in the fleet. The 1st aircraft is the D-AALA (Alpha), and the newest addition is the 21st letter of the alphabet, therefore D-AALU (Uniform).
                  As AeroLogic is a Joint Venture between DHL Express and Lufthansa Cargo ( https://www.aerologic.aero/home ), some aircraft wear a yellow livery, and some a white livery.

Hereby the aircraft that are to be added to the AeroLogic fleet on the FlightRadar24 platform:

3C458C
                  D-AALL
                  B77L
                  Boeing 777-F
                  AeroLogic
                  BOX (DHL)
                  BOX
                  2019-09-10

3C458D
                  D-AALM
                  B77L
                  Boeing 777-F
                  AeroLogic
                  BOX (DHL)
                  BOX
                  2019-09-23

3C458F
                  D-AALO
                  B77L
                  Boeing 777-F
                  AeroLogic
                  BOX (DHL)
                  BOX
                  2020-03-19

3C4590
                  D-AALP
                  B77L
                  Boeing 777-F
                  AeroLogic
                  BOX (DHL)
                  BOX
                  2020-07-07

3C4591
                  D-AALQ
                  B77L
                  Boeing 777-F
                  AeroLogic
                  BOX (DHL)
                  BOX
                  2020-11-10

3C4592
                  D-AALR
                  B77L
                  Boeing 777-F
                  AeroLogic
                  BOX (DHL)
                  BOX
                  2021-03-06

3C4593
                  D-AALS
                  B77L
                  Boeing 777-F
                  AeroLogic
                  BOX (DHL)
                  BOX
                  2021-05-22

3C4594
                  D-AALT
                  B77L
                  Boeing 777-F
                  AeroLogic
                  BOX (DHL)
                  BOX
                  2021-07-09
                  Hello!

The "yellow livery" it's actually the DHL livery, so all the aircrafts you listed have the DHL livery and not the AeroLogic one; it's not possible list an aircraft on two different lists, so the ones with the DHL livery are listed on the DHL fleet list, while the others are listed in the Aerologic fleet list.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirMe View Post

Hello!

The "yellow livery" it's actually the DHL livery, so all the aircrafts you listed have the DHL livery and not the AeroLogic one; it's not possible list an aircraft on two different lists, so the ones with the DHL livery are listed on the DHL fleet list, while the others are listed in the Aerologic fleet list.
                    Good morning,
                    and thank you for your quick reply.

Unfortunately that is incorrect.
                    DHL is not an airline, it's a German logistics company, therefore doesn't have any aircraft of its own and neither holds any AOC.

The AeroLogic airplanes listed above are at the moment listed in the fleet of another operator, which is DHK. But it has nothing to do with AeroLogic, as DHK is an UK airline that flies for DHL. Many other airlines also fly for DHL and have aircraft painted with the DHL branding. See for example DHA (DHL Austria), BCS (European Air Transport), DHK (DHL UK), BOX (AeroLogic), PAC (Polar Air Cargo), AHK (Air Hongkong) DAE (DHL Aero Express), DHX (DHL Aviation EEMEA) and many others.

Many of this aircrafts are also erroneously listed under DHK on Flightradar24, but this is not correct. DHK has a fleet of 20 aircraft and bases its operations from East Midlands. On Flightradar24 DHK has 206 aircraft listed, which is completely incorrect.

While AeroLogic has 21 aircrafts, but on Flightradar24 only 13 are shown.
                    Lufthansa Cargo, DHL Express, aviation, cargo

The other 8 are the ones I listed above, which as of today are listed wrongly on the fleet of DHL Air UK, which is only one random airline of the many operators that fly for DHL.

Comment

Good morning,

DHL is not an airline, it's a German logistics company, therefore doesn't have any aircraft of its own and neither holds any AOC.

The AeroLogic airplanes listed above are at the moment listed in the fleet of another operator, which is DHK. But it has nothing to do with AeroLogic, as DHK is an UK airline that flies for DHL. Many other airlines also fly for DHL and have aircraft painted with the DHL branding. See for example DHA (DHL Austria), BCS (European Air Transport), DHK (DHL UK), BOX (AeroLogic), PAC (Polar Air Cargo), AHK (Air Hongkong) DAE (DHL Aero Express), DHX (DHL Aviation EEMEA) and many others.

Many of this aircrafts are also erroneously listed under DHK on Flightradar24, but this is not correct. DHK has a fleet of 20 aircraft and bases its operations from East Midlands. On Flightradar24 DHK has 206 aircraft listed, which is completely incorrect.

The other 8 are the ones I listed above, which as of today are listed wrongly on the fleet of DHL Air UK, which is only one random airline of the many operators that fly for DHL.
                      The use of DHK is a reference to the paint scheme, but the paint scheme identifier code in the back-end database editor is labelled as the operator. DHL as a logistics company does not have a unique ICAO operator code, and the paint scheme field only accepts ICAO operator codes, so we have to improvise. For instances like this it gets very confusing as were are essentially working with a broken system. I have personally raised the issue with the owners about DHK being used incorrectly and it should be addressed at some point, but the cogs turn slowly and requires a redesign of the database to handle the additional fields that will be required. For now, it's a case of trying to make the best of a bad situation. We are aware but the site does not have the functionality to improve matters on how these are displayed.
                      Editor

Comment

Good morning,

I understand you're point of view. However we should consider DHL Aviation as an airline with multiple subsidiaries, as almost all airlines fleet websites do (including Wikipedia).
                        Furthemore, some of the airlines you mentioned are owned by DHL (some of them up to 100%, like BCS).
                        As user12345 told you, we use the DHK code as a generic DHL code. Why? DHK was the first DHL airline; the second reason is that DHK is the only airline which officially called "DHL Air" (DHL Air Ltd.) without any nationality or other name in the name. The DHK code is always used when an aircraft has a DHL livery, so this make you easier to find out which aircraft operate for DHL. On live map or in the aircraft page, you can always know which airline operates the aircraft, since you can see "operated by" or "operator".

I hope you may understand better the situation now. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask anything.
                        Last edited by AirMe; 2022-11-25, 01:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhicks7 View Post
                          AC9C6D
                          N911WY
                          H500
                          MD Helicopters MD 500
                          0144FF
                          United States - Las Vegas Metro Police Department
                          Are you sure about this model?

95447_1523580380.jpg

21453_1529869926.jpg

Comment

• Both are listed as model Hughes 369FF per the FAA registrations. I believe this is termed “MD 530F” as well. But the family of 500D (369D), 500E (369E), and 530F (369FF) models is typically shown as ”MD Helicopters MD 500” in the FR24 database already. Similar to the variants of Airbus H135 and H145 models being labeled as such. Was that your inquiry here? Obviously feel free to update as appropriate, I was just working off what seemed to be the existing precedent (based on general observations) and trying to match what y’all already do.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhicks7 View Post
                              Both are listed as model Hughes 369FF per the FAA registrations. I believe this is termed “MD 530F” as well. But the family of 500D (369D), 500E (369E), and 530F (369FF) models is typically shown as ”MD Helicopters MD 500” in the FR24 database already. Similar to the variants of Airbus H135 and H145 models being labeled as such. Was that your inquiry here? Obviously feel free to update as appropriate, I was just working off what seemed to be the existing precedent (based on general observations) and trying to match what y’all already do.
                              Don't believe everything you see in the FAA, so do the Socata TBMs which are all listed as TBM7 (and are actually split into several models). I know you're doing a great job with these US updates (with ownership or operator identification), so it's just a heads up with these FAA errors.
                              Incredible as it may seem, if you post that a helicopter is "Airbus Helicopters MD530" there will be a database editor that will copy this information and add it to the database" this is the reality today.
                              Last edited by arion; 2022-11-27, 18:07.

Comment

• Point well made and received, thank you for the word of caution. I will say that I double check everything against a tertiary source (like Rotorspot) to verify this information from the FAA registration. And if I can't figure out something for certain, I don't post it because that propagates misinformation. So while I am confident in what I post, if I have misinterpreted a trend I thought to be done purposefully, like naming in the database, my apologies!

Comment

Working...
                                X