No announcement yet.

Discussion about Flightradar24 database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Can Boeing 717s be added to aircraft database. Still a lot of them flying, mainly Delta I think. Thanks. Royal

Comment

• Is anybody at FR24 working on connecting ICAO type designators to icons??? There are probably a few 100 that are missing.
      Maybe I could do it?
      fitness

Comment

• Question: I tried to add a Hungarian registered UL in the database but it seems that it is still not there. Possible reason is that the tail number of this plane is "38-502" which (not starting with "HA-"). Strange, but this tail number is an official UL tail number in Hungary and the hex code is officially associated to this plane. If it is necessary I can send/attach pictures of the plane and the papers. What should I do to register this plane?

The data I sent in the "Aircraft to be added.." topic:
        476BBC
        38-502
        TL20
        TL 200 STING Carbon RG
        09ST331
        Private owner

Comment

• Playing some more with PHP code that I could merge in with my Hex vs Registration prefix validation page that I use to spot check

Basically the same as putting at the end of http://flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/xxxxx (which many seem to fail to check)

But a bit faster as it doesn't move away from the page/need to load the full info or scripts. Uses a get_header function to interrogate the header only, if it detects a re-direct to the main /data/aircraft page (no record found) it simply reports it

Or if there is one, provides the link back

frdbase.JPG

Don't think there is a fr24 search page for hex to do the same however :/ but be nice to be able to search both.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• It's an image not a link. Doesn't do anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Blob View Post
              It's an image not a link. Doesn't do anything.
              Called demonstrating concept.

If it wasn't something 'I'm playing' with and a finalised product I'd take it off my pc and host it on a server like my hex one.

​​​​​​At present want it to do more things. But reading the data from fr24 isn't eady and needs proceeding cautiously to not breach terms of use.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Ah sorry. I thought it was meant to be a link to your look-up website.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Blob View Post
                  Ah sorry. I thought it was meant to be a link to your look-up website.
                  Nopes. I've posted the hex check before. Not sure anyone checks (i do), but it's not without it's flaws (p4-, aruba and English isle ones are too hard)

I'd like to integrate both that and 'does it have a record already' type checks since that's about all the forum is used for beside SEO spam (and support send people to dbase thread). But since hex can't be searched on fr24 from page submit like registration, don't have immediate methods

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

Nopes. I've posted the hex check before. Not sure anyone checks (i do), but it's not without it's flaws (p4-, aruba and English isle ones are too hard)

I'd like to integrate both that and 'does it have a record already' type checks since that's about all the forum is used for beside SEO spam (and support send people to dbase thread). But since hex can't be searched on fr24 from page submit like registration, don't have immediate methods
                    And integrated to hex.php page.

Comment

• Hello flightradar24,

I believe that the photo showing for aircraft N267AM (https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/2/66518_1201656430.jpg) is no longer correct.

I believe a correct photo showing the current aircraft N267AM to be (https://live.staticflickr.com/8577/1...988ceca1_b.jpg).

Thank you,
                      rwier (rremingtonwier@gmail.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by rwier View Post
                        Hello flightradar24,

I believe that the photo showing for aircraft N267AM (https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/2/66518_1201656430.jpg) is no longer correct.

I believe a correct photo showing the current aircraft N267AM to be (https://live.staticflickr.com/8577/1...988ceca1_b.jpg).

Where do the photos of aircraft displayed on Flightradar24 come from?

Photos displayed for each aircraft come from JetPhotos. If you’d like your photos to appear on Flightradar24, please submit them to JetPhotos.
                        Why is Flightradar24 showing an incorrect photo of an aircraft?

Photos of aircraft on Flightradar24 are not hosted by Flightradar24, but come from the separate JetPhotos catalog. The latest photo available for that registration in the JetPhotos catalog is shown when selecting an aircraft of Flightradar24. In some cases, registrations are reused and there may not be an updated photo immediately available on JetPhotos. You can help make sure all photos are up to date by submitting your aviation photos to JetPhotos. Learn more about uploading to JetPhotos.

Comment

• Thanks, and sorry about that.

Comment

• Admin Flight Radar 24,

I just want to know how long do you usually change an aircraft database if there are errors reported? Also do you send a notification that it was already done?

Jane Yebra

Comment

• Originally posted by Jane Yebra View Post
                              Admin Flight Radar 24,

I just want to know how long do you usually change an aircraft database if there are errors reported? Also do you send a notification that it was already done?

Jane Yebra
                              [/We are focusing on updating the database with aircraft that are equipped with an ADS-B transponder. Aircraft without ADS-B that are not visible on FR24, may be omitted. Normal processing time is from 5 minutes to 5 weeks.
                              For aircraft that are live there is a faster option to add missing aircraft data. Press the + button in the plane info window to submit the missing data. Normal processing time is 1-7 days.
                              And no they do not.

Comment

• And now that I have written about missing data.
                                Who have decided that an unknown aircraft is shown as a B737 - or what ever it is?
                                It is highly frustrating, especially in these days without traffic, when one think that there are airliners in the air - and it turns out to be an ULAC.
                                I suggest the unknowns are shown as something neutral - or even as a flying question mark.

Comment

Working...
                                X