No announcement yet.

Discussion about Flightradar24 database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some receivers are picking up and relaying MLAT data from flightaware to the FR24.
    As a result, the FR24's own MLAT data is compromised with MLAT data from other feeders, when the FR24 database tries to associate it with the FR24's MLAT traffic, but this traffic does not originate from the FR24, but from third parties. For example, commercial flights.
    A seemingly simple suggestion is for the FR24 to make more receivers available to meet this demand for low-altitude coverage, which others try to do for themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by vinicius325 View Post
      Some receivers are picking up and relaying MLAT data from flightaware to the FR24.
      As a result, the FR24's own MLAT data is compromised with MLAT data from other feeders, when the FR24 database tries to associate it with the FR24's MLAT traffic, but this traffic does not originate from the FR24, but from third parties. For example, commercial flights.
      A seemingly simple suggestion is for the FR24 to make more receivers available to meet this demand for low-altitude coverage, which others try to do for themselves.
      I would say forget MLAT until they can at least sort out the ADSB side, I know of 3 friends aircraft that are emitting ADSB but frequently dont get tracked and they are all based in areas that suppossedly have good receiver coverage, my own aircraft was reliably tracked until about a month ago but no longer is. something is broken

Comment

• Originally posted by Red63 View Post

When you say "terminate the feed" is that a complete block of that receiver's feed including any ADSB targets?

Oh wait, sorry you mean the person with the feed decides to terminate.
        This isnt the answer though for my situation as I fly in areas with decent coverage as exhibited by other low level traffic showing fine, I will investigate the aircrafts installation (Though that wouldnt explain why it shows on planefinder ok)

P.S. just checked FlightAware too and it shows all my flights just fine, so Its a problem with FR24 not my transponder/GPS
        The low level coverage in Somerset and South Wales, Gloucestershire is not brilliant, especially with all the hills and valleys. There's nothing wrong with your transponder. I have checked your flights on other tracking sites (in addition to the one you mention) and your flights are tracking fine on there. You'll just have to trust me that there are background changes happening with this site which are... "not helping" matters with regards GA flight coverage.

Comment

• Please advise how I can send you our logo for Proflight Zambia. It says I am unable to upload images.

Comment

Working...
          X