Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: AirNavSystems Bans A Well Known Radarbox User From Their Forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS: AirNavSystems Bans A Well Known Radarbox User From Their Forum.

AirNavSystems Staff(Andre Brandao , Akbar Sherwani) Bans A Well Known Radarbox User(Tom) From Their Forum.

"An Error Has Occurred!
    Sorry viking9, you are banned from using this forum!
    User connected with RS forum team with permanent negative posts."
    Just because that member is part of another virtual radar 'Plane Spotting' forum available on the internet.

More details available on this topic about Tom's banned.

Just a week after DaveReid was banned from AirNavSystems Forum.

Quote from Anmer:
    Looks like a rerun of the Final Solution.
    Ban all dissenting voices and blame it on Radarspotters.
    What a way to run a business and treat customers?
    Tyrannical dictatorship.
    It would be funny if it weren't serious.

Just be careful if you are a member on any aviation or ship tracking forums. Airliners.net , JetPhotos, FenceCheck, Scramble.nl, ShipSpotting / ShipTrax, etc. AirNav Could ban you because you are a member of another internet aviation forum site.

plus AirNavSystems should spend more time on the AirNav Shiptrax product!
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2011-12-15, 18:48.
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

What ever happened to freedom of speech
    (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
    1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Originally posted by Evolv5
      Forums are private property.
      Their own rules apply as they run the service.
      I agree BUT the AirNav Forum rules (below) do not state that members must not visit other virtual radar forums or complain about AirNav's products.

1.) Please keep to topics that relate to RadarBox.
      2.) Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violating any laws.
      3.) Do not impersonate AirNav Systems employees.
      4.) No discussion regarding pricing of the product (these must be sent to customer support)
      5.) Please keep all discussions in English.
      6.) No buy/sell announcements accepted.

Lastly be polite and respectful to other peoples views.

In fact AirNav breaks its own Rules all the time, especially the last one.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Evanelpus been banned on the AirNav Radarbox / ShipTrax forum.

Evanelpus been banned on the AirNav Radarbox / ShipTrax forum.

Because his ALERT's wasn't working on the AirNav RadarBox Software.
        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

I have just read this thread, and to be honest I am confused by the manner in which that company is behaving. What do they expect to achieve by adopting such an attitude ?
          Surely if a person want to be a member of a hundred forums, it is their choice, as long as the person does not bring the name of one particular forum in to disrepute, use bad language, or anti racial behaviour or anything like that. Keeps to the main theme of whatever forum they are on and keeps to that forum rules, what is the problem ? I mean I am a member of 5 forums now, not all aircraft, not all transport, but I do not have a problem, get involved, post and be courteous, adhere to the forum rules enjoy whatever theme that site is all about, and do not cause trouble.
          I can see no sense in any forum not wanting its members to become involved with another site. It is freedom of choice and makes one wonder why they adopt this attitude.

Bill

Comment

AirNav produces some good products. However, its management mantra is "AirNav is Great and Let No One Say Otherwise".

All the Radarspotters' Forum moderators, and many of the top posters, have been banned from the AirNav forum yet haven't broken any rules. Their crime? Owning a RadarBox and posting messages that question the AirNav mantra. They post similar messages about competitor products but are accused by AirNav of being employed by Kinetic which they are not. AirNav cannot take any criticism which, in my experience, is bad management policy. Reminds me of two of the Three Wise Monkeys.

To make matters worse, the main distributor, Waters & Stanton, adopts similar tactics and also attacks Radarspotters, accusing me of being employed by Kinetic, which I am not.

I've referred Waters & Stanton to the UK Trading Standards for publishing a RadarBox leaflet containing false information which, after investigation, it was forced to remove. More recently I've reported a Waters & Stanton advert to the UK's Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) because it was highly misleading. The ASA judgement is due soon.

As far as Waters & Stanton is concerned I must work for a competitor otherwise I wouldn't have reported it to the ASA. I'm retired and don't work for anyone. But by accusing me, like AirNav, Waters & Stanton is trying to deflect criticism and undermine those who question.

In reality, this policy has backfired big time.

Despite the RadarBox being a good product, but with scope for improvement, AirNav has rejected constructive input from its biggest asset - its existing customers. Instead of engaging with them and embracing comments and ideas, it bans them from its forum and spreads lies - hearing and seeing no evil. Consequently, the RadarBox is outsold three to one by Kinetic's older receiver and, as some believe, inferior software. Surely something's wrong?

There's no doubt in my mind that, under different and better management, the RadarBox and other AirNav products could become the market leaders. But with Brandao at the helm it never will.

Posted by a RadarBox customer who works for no one!
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I am an airnav box user as people on this forum know. How do they know ? becuase when I bought mine, not being anything of a technical person, I expected to "plug and play", to be able to set it up from the box as per the instructions and enjoy the £399 "quidsworth" I had just spent.
              WRONG ! For a layman, an ordinary bloke like me, who buys a product, any product and builds it or gets it working with the instructions enclosed it was virtually impossible on THIS computer as my posts on the subject highlight. One main reason why was because I was missold the product and was led to beleive that the AirnavRadar Box PRO Would work on Windows 7, which it will, but not on Windows 7 64 bit until drivers are installed on your pc to be able to do this, but nothing of this is mentioned to the customer. Now call me thick if you wish, but I do not profess to know anything about the installation of drivers, it is not the side of owning a pc that I have ever had to know, until now.

But this product is sold to customers regardless of their knowlegeable status and if, like me they ask "it is ok to work on windows 7 please" and the answer comes back "YES OF COURSE" , but no more information is forthcoming and we take it away, set it up, and "bingo" nothing !
              The instructions that accompany the item are to say the least extremely sparse, so we have no chance. I am lucky enough to have acquired a Laptop with Windows XP, I set it up on there and it is working beautiful.
              I also purchased a book, from a dealer called "Flightstore", a book, entitled "Guide to the Airnav Radarbox" by Seldec, THAT BOOK IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT IN GOLD SO TO SPEAK, it tells you everything about the Airnav box and I have done so much with my Airnav since I got the book, but all this SHOULD, especially for the price, be included in the box with the Airnav on purchase.

I did e mail Airnav before I got the book and the reply I got back, I have to admit was not bad, it was not a nasty reply or anything like that, but at the end of the day we should not have all these problems with an item bought in good faith.
              I would certainly not, if I was ever asked, advise anyone to get an Airnav Radar Box, if they are buying in good faith like me.
              I think the companys trading policies and indeed the retailers and stockists as well, should be severly monitored and changed for the good of the customer, because the customer is paying through the nose for this item and not being given the proper information to accompany it.

Perhaps I will get banned off this forum for this post, well so be it, sorry if I upset anyone.

Bill

Comment

Just heard about b777200er aka Donnie getting banned from the AirNav Forum in the past few weeks!
                Believe this was his last post on the forum.

Posted on October 01, 2012

More double talk and bulls..t from air nav, you told us 6 weeks ago that the bug and fixes for 4.04 where 90% complete and was in finial beta testing at the time. Now as always the story changes and we get the BS story about what happening. I don't know how you stay in business and i'm tired of waiting on your fixes. My radar box is being shut off from this point forward. And yes you can go ahead and BAN me from the forum has you stated in your e mail. I don't give a s..t about you or your company.

Donnie

Many new posts about it on RadarSpotters.eu and RadarSpotting.com

Re: What exactly have Air Nav done, post ST launch, to fix known bugs?
                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu

Comment

wow! Another RadarBox user releasing his feelings on the AirNav Forum

Post by CoastGuardJon on October 5, 2012
                  Hi AN, this brings us full circle and back to where we started -
                  DON'T PUBLISH UNREALISTIC, OVER-OPTIMISTIC DATES OR TIMES!!!
                  Ban us if you want, it wouldn't make any difference to me or my views.
                  JUST BE HONEST WITH US.
                  Surely that's not asking too much of you, is it?

Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu

Comment

Just got the update side from CoastGuardJon on RadarSpotters.eu Forum.
                    His true feelings away from the AirNav Systems Forum!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    CoastGuardJon post on October 5, 2012
                    As I'm being quoted in here, I may as well go for broke and get banned from AN's Forum - WOW, now, I'm really in need of a change of underwear!! The way AN treat us (their) customers, who keep them in business (or are these claims of RB just being a very small spoke in a big wheel, really true?) I pity their poor commercial customers, or do they get treated better - does anyone in here, and also the trade or aviation industry, know if any of these claims are true, or just another line of their BS............

I feel very sorry for the volunteer heroes, such as Chris (Tarbat), Rod and database updaters and others who keep the RB alive and kicking for AN's benefit, with no real recompense, other than the kick in the goolies! I'm sure at least one of the two named will know exactly what I'm referring to!
                    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                      I agree BUT the AirNav Forum rules (below) do not state that members must not visit other virtual radar forums or complain about AirNav's products.

1.) Please keep to topics that relate to RadarBox.
                      2.) Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violating any laws.
                      3.) Do not impersonate AirNav Systems employees.
                      4.) No discussion regarding pricing of the product (these must be sent to customer support)
                      5.) Please keep all discussions in English.
                      6.) No buy/sell announcements accepted.

Lastly be polite and respectful to other peoples views.

In fact AirNav breaks its own Rules all the time, especially the last one.

I OBEYED the rules. But, I got BANNED in their forum.

My Crime:

EXPOSING AirNav RadarBox 3D v4.04 Beta program for STEALING Flight Data after user disabled " Share Flight Data ".

AirNav "allowed" you disable it, but it got ENABLED Automatically - no need to close the Program = This is a FRAUD, deception, cheating and THEFT !

- just click on " File ", " Preference " and " RadarBox " - you will see " Share flight Data " = CHECKED AGAIN by itself.
                      F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Hi Birdie

The 4.04 still not available to most of us. Mine 4.03 stops share network data after I uncheck it. Although it auto seclected with I restart the program.

Sent from my iPad 2 Limited Ed. using Tapatalk HD
                        T-VTBD1 : RadarBox 3km North of VTBD
                        T-VTBD2 : RPi MLAT 300m South of VTBD

Comment

Originally posted by Kanok View Post
                          Mine 4.03 stops share network data after I uncheck it. Although it auto seclected with I restart the program.
                          Let's all hope that this is still the case if and when RadarBox 4.04 goes on general release.
                          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Kanok View Post
                            Hi Birdie

The 4.04 still not available to most of us. Mine 4.03 stops share network data after I uncheck it. Although it auto seclected with I restart the program.

Sent from my iPad 2 Limited Ed. using Tapatalk HD
                            V 4.04 has a fix to remove the Equatorial bug - anything between 5 Deg N to 5 Deg S could not be seen.

But, sneaky & nasty AirNav Systems removed the Unchecked facility of "Share flight Data" and steal your Data without permission.
                            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Working...
                            X