X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ppgstf
    replied
    I
    'm grateful for the info posted by the previous poster but still far from happy with the box.
    I just thought you might have posted this at the time, that's all.

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    Originally posted by grahamdevizes View Post
    What more did you expect me to say then? I'm grateful for the info posted by the previous poster but still far from happy with the box.
    I'm just curious as to what the box does see (might be interesting to compare to what I get with Raspberry pi+dongle ... click the t-egbb19 link below)

Leave a comment:

• grahamdevizes
    replied
    Originally posted by ppgstf View Post
    Strange how we never heard anything more from grahamdevizes!
    What more did you expect me to say then? I'm grateful for the info posted by the previous poster but still far from happy with the box.

Leave a comment:

• ppgstf
    replied
    Strange how we never heard anything more from grahamdevizes!

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    Originally posted by grahamdevizes View Post
    I run W8 and from the offset, it was obvious that the Box wouldn't work with W8. Airnav's website offers a " Windows 8 driver upgrade" so I downloaded it and it still wouldn't work.
    Try the new driver they just released for beta for Windows 8 users.
    You need to email them to get the link to download it. They are not available on the site until tested.
    Contact support@airnavsystems.com for assistance.

See this thread.

Leave a comment:

• grahamdevizes
    replied
    Being a newcomer to radar spotting I bought a Radar Box from a dealer in the home counties. It was a hundred quid off and to a novice, seemed like a good deal. I run W8 and from the offset, it was obvious that the Box wouldn't work with W8. Airnav's website offers a " Windows 8 driver upgrade" so I downloaded it and it still wouldn't work. It displayed an error message saying something like " the file may be corrupted". So, I ring the dealer I bought it from and he remotely accesses my laptop, finds and downloads the required drivers ( Windows 7 drivers...) and did eventually get it going. But I have to say it is a poor relation to the SBS-3 Kinetic a friend has. It constantly freezes and to my way of thinking, is mis-represented by AN who totally fail to mention that it WON'T work with W8 unless you have someone in the know to find and install the correct drivers. AN blatantly lie when they say those downloadable drivers "for W8" will work - they don't. I've spent £300 on a box of crap and am not happy at all. I wish I'd coughed up the extra hundred quid and bought a Kinetic but we're all wiser with hindsight.

Leave a comment:

• Birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by goggles View Post
    I have scrapped my AirNav Radar box, it never worked and support from the 'Help Desk' was useless, the guy knew less about the system than I did, fortunately it was a competition prize so no monetary loss. Complete rubbish.
    I need a SMA-Female Antenna Connector.

Can you remove it from your RadarBox and give it to me ?

Leave a comment:

• ppgstf
    replied
    Originally posted by goggles View Post
    I have scrapped my AirNav Radar box, it never worked and support from the 'Help Desk' was useless, the guy knew less about the system than I did, fortunately it was a competition prize so no monetary loss. Complete rubbish.
    Was it last prize?

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBrian
    replied
    Welcome to the Forum.

What country was the box used in ?

You can try to use it as a "Doorstop" now

Thanks for letting us know.
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-05-05, 20:11.

Leave a comment:

• goggles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ppgstf
    replied
    Behind the scenes here the number of new posts and threads on FR24 of copy/pasted text from other users on other forums was noted. Sometimes these 3rd or 4th hand repeated posts have likely already been read by users such as yourself that as you point out, also reads other forums. Losing their effectiveness and simply increasing post counts.
    You don't have to be Poirot to work out who you are talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    You're missing the point. Quoting this one line that without the rest reads out of context.

And no. I was not having a bad day, nor targeting this product specifically. But thankyou for taking an interest in my lifestyle.

Behind the scenes here the number of new posts and threads on FR24 of copy/pasted text from other users on other forums was noted. Sometimes these 3rd or 4th hand repeated posts have likely already been read by users such as yourself that as you point out, also reads other forums. Losing their effectiveness and simply increasing post counts.

Sure, there is other off topic aircraft related stuff that Mike is happy to have here (And engage with users etc about stuff outside of fr24), But its largely original and specific to users or content creators here, not just links from elsewhere pasted back n forth.
    Original:

And so on..

Last edited by Oblivian; 2013-04-23, 13:50.

Leave a comment:

• ppgstf
    replied
    This forum is meant to be about fr24, and support around it, and we're struggling to find these linked in that respect
    And this is the Air Nav part of the Forum. Go and look at all of the other virtual radar Forums and they all have sections dedicated to other virtual radar systems. I can only assume you were having a bad day when you posted your original comments.

If you don't want to read about radarbox or SBS here, can I politely suggest you just stick to the FR24 topics, that way your blood pressure won't hit the roof!

Leave a comment:

• The Sage of Milton
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    all this cross-posting of other peoples original posts between forums is getting very very overboard and tiring.

This forum is meant to be about fr24, and support around it
    Amen to THAT !

The Sage
    --------------------

Those who say the most frequently have the least to say

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    all this cross-posting of other peoples original posts between forums is getting very very overboard and tiring.

This forum is meant to be about fr24, and support around it, and we're struggling to find these linked in that respect

Sure, there is other off topic aircraft related stuff that Mike is happy to have here (And engage with users etc about stuff outside of fr24), But its largely original and specific to users or content creators here, not just links from elsewhere pasted back n forth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X