• Show
Clear All

• AirNav banned me in their forum

AirNav banned me in their forum.

My "crime" ?

- " for trying to cause trouble there. "

What I did there to get banned ?

- exposed their software for stealing my Data from my AirNav Radarbox 3D -
    - even though I UNCHECKED " Share Flight Data " .

1). My RadarBox 3D just reached 1 year old and the Free 1 year Data subscription expired. I ignored their reminder to renew the subscription.

Next Day, I was cut off from the world wide data - fair enough.

2). When I was watching their new Site www.rb24.com and found there was no Flight Data on WSSS.

But, I was horrified when I launched my RadarBox 3D Program and discovered within a few minutes, Flight Data on WSSS started showing up.

3). I turned OFF and ON my Radarbox 3D program a few times - www.rb24.com Flight Data on WSSS followed my turn ON and OFF.

4). So, I posted in AirNav Forum - I got BANNED for " trying to cause trouble " until 30 Dec 2012.

My response to AirNav - simple turn off my AirNav RadarBox 3D - don't give them the data.

Anyone here knows how to PERMANENTLY turn OFF the Share Flight Data ?

AirNav is pretty sneaky by " Not remembering your settings " in their software.
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Piopawlu.net once released a patch that could turn off the Airnav sharing, but piopawlu has closed down his page now.
    If you google on airnavpatch20091021.exe you can find it on some download pages, but I don't know if it's safe to download, and I don't know if it turns of the "invisible" share.

Comment

Thanks Mike for the info.

I am quite reserved about downloading unknown software.

Thanks AirNav for pissing off their customers !
      F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Welcome to the banned group.

I guess you can hang out on the other forums...

December 16, 2012 - AirNav took data from my Radar Box 3D without permission
        Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2012-12-19, 08:10.
        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
          Welcome to the banned group.

I guess you can hang out on the other forums...

http://www.radarspotters.eu/forum

Shall we Start a " AirNav BANNED Group " Domain

- and pissed off AirNav ?

Comment

Don't worry...
            We already have some threads with the banned AirNav Members in it. It's already 3 pages long!

Topic: Re: To ban or not to ban

Topic: AirNav Bans DaveReid [7 pages long]

Topic: Southwest banned from the AirNav Systems Forum.
            "I am officially banned from the Air Nav site."

Topic: AirNav bans Radarspotters - Post by akzah aka Akbar Sherwani.

Topic: Airnav Bans
            Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2012-12-19, 08:49.
            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
              Don't worry...
              We already have some threads with the banned AirNav Members in it. It's already 3 pages long!

Re: To ban or not to ban

Topic: AirNav Bans DaveReid [7 pages long]
              http://www.radarspotters.eu/forum/in...ic,3523.0.html
              Can I welcome myself to that BANNED Group ?

I bring along a bottle of champagn to celebrate !

champagne-300x208.jpg

Comment

Welcome to the "Club" Birdie. Soon there will be more "banned" RadarBox owners than active members on it's forum.

As far as I am concerned AirNav is stealing our data and I'm exploring every possible avenue to get this in front of an appropriate European and US authority. Having the share data automatically set to "On" every time the RadarBox software is started (even though the data owner has expressly chosen not to share) is theft, both of data and bandwidth. That can't be legal.

In the meantime, Dave Reid has produced a utility to always set the data share to "Off".

The download link is here:

Last edited by Anmer; 2012-12-19, 08:57.
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                  Welcome to the "Club" Birdie. Soon there will be more "banned" RadarBox owners that active members on it's forum.

As far as I am concerned AirNav is stealing our data and I'm exploring every possible avenue to get this in front of an appropriate European and US authority. Having the share data automatically set to "On" every time the RadarBox software is started (even though the data owner has expressly chosen not to share) is theft, both of data and bandwidth. That can't be legal.

In the meantime, Dave Reid has produced a utility to always set the data share to "Off".

The download link is here:

http://radarspotting.com/forum/index...33.html#msg133
                  Thanks Anmer.

When I didn't renew by Remote Data subscription - AirNav cut me off the next day - Fair enough - I didn't pay, so i should NOT get it.

BUT, then AirNav STOLE my Flight Data from my Box without permission by FORCING me to share flight Data wven though I already unchecked the box - it WON'T ACCEPT my unchecking the " Share Flight Data" -

- this is THEFT !

Comment

BUT, then AirNav STOLE my Flight Data from my Box without permission by FORCING me to share flight Data wven though I already unchecked the box - it WON'T ACCEPT my unchecking the " Share Flight Data" -
                    Can anyone with more computer savvy than me explain how this can happen?

If you select data share off, how can Air Nav glean information coming from your radarbox?

Comment

Originally posted by ppgstf View Post
                      If you select data share off, how can Air Nav glean information coming from your radarbox?
                      By ignoring your selection when you next launch the RadarBox software and resetting the share to "On".

It's like cancelling a regular payment from your bank only to find it's been reinstated the following week.
                      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I realised that could be the reason but I don't think it is.

But, I was horrified when I launched my RadarBox 3D Program and discovered within a few minutes, Flight Data on WSSS started showing up.

3). I turned OFF and ON my Radarbox 3D program a few times - www.rb24.com Flight Data on WSSS followed my turn ON and OFF.
                        This to me would mean that it was on the same day, when he switched OFF and ON. English obviously isn't his first language so I suppose it could be doewn to interpretation.

Comment

I realised that could be the reason but I don't think it is.

This to me would mean that it was on the same day, when he switched OFF and ON. English obviously isn't his first language so I suppose it could be doewn to interpretation.
                          1). Of course it is not only on the same day but a few minutes apart.

2). In fact I suspected the " Un-check " Share Flight data - is a FAKE. When I click " Apply " and " OK ", nothing happened.

3). When I re-open the other window which was showing the www.RB24.com - I saw my Flight Data for WSSS showing up on their Website.

4). I return to AirNav RadarBox 3D Ver 4.04 Window and completely closed the application.

5). Then, I return to Window showing www.rb24.com - a few minutes later - Flight Data for WSSS disappeared.

THIEF !

Comment

Can anyone with more computer savvy than me explain how this can happen?

It shows the "Un-checked" Share Flight Data is a scam !

Comment

Try downloading a new copy of RadarBox software and install it again.
                              See if that will fix the "Share Flight Data" check box. Once you do reinstall it. It should remember the un-check setting doing that time the software is running. It worked for me long time ago to fix that same problem...
                              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu

Comment

Working...
                              X