Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iamnothere
    replied
    Planeplotter is not free software but you can try limited time for free . project those tiny red triangle on map with nm info etc was fun .

AcarsDeco2 with cheap RTL dongle is very good choice , but you must learn how to adjust RTL ppm correction and gain control first .
    than , simple console command line scrip to send those decode data to Planeplotter .

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Yes, but often via the audio port will do just fine also if volume and squealch tuned correctly

http://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-radio...ta-with-acars/

Leave a comment:

• CF262
    replied
    I have read that a radio scanner with a discriminator output that's plugged into a PC's Line-In socket together with suitable software will work?

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    A USB stick or scanner and software like planeolotter, acarsd. Tune to frequency, decode noise. There is guides on rtlsdr

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CF262
    started a topic ACARS Newbie Help

ACARS Newbie Help

I am totally new to ACARS and would like to know what equipment I need to receive ACARS messages from Aircraft. I'm sure some replies will be quite complex and technical but would like to keep things as simple as ABC123. I'd like a simple setup if that's possible?

Thanks in advance to all ...
Working...
X