No announcement yet.

AcarsDeco2 - multi-channels console RTLSDR ACARS decoder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those brave enough to tamper with the Java script I have finally cracked a bit of code to show which ACARS ground station the aircraft is 'talking' to.

Here in NZ we only have a handful of stations all with a unique code. These are identified in the decoded ACARS message string by the field 'Mode'. In acarsdeco2 this is on the second line under RX_ID. There's two identifiers, the decoded string character and in brackets the raw integer value.

If you know the ground station from the decoded string character or the integer value you can compose some Java script like this to put a more descriptive meaning in the list of fields. This code goes in the apps.js script located in static/js/ folder:
    Code:
    if (parseInt(msg.mode) == 87) {
            s += "\r\nStation ID: " + "Wellington (" + String.fromCharCode(parseInt(msg.mode)) + ")";
            }        
            else if (parseInt(msg.mode) == 67) {
            s += "\r\nStation ID: " + "Christchurch (" + String.fromCharCode(parseInt(msg.mode)) + ")";
            }
            else if (parseInt(msg.mode) == 80) {
            s += "\r\nStation ID: " + "Palmerston North (" + String.fromCharCode(parseInt(msg.mode)) + ")";
            }
            else if (parseInt(msg.mode) == 65) {
            s += "\r\nStation ID: " + "Auckland (" + String.fromCharCode(parseInt(msg.mode)) + ")";
            }
            else if (parseInt(msg.mode) == 50) {
            s += "\r\nStation ID: " + "Any Station (" + String.fromCharCode(parseInt(msg.mode)) + ")";
            }
            else if (parseInt(msg.mode) == 72) {
            s += "\r\nStation ID: " + "Hamilton (" + String.fromCharCode(parseInt(msg.mode)) + ")";
            }
            else if (parseInt(msg.mode) == 112) {
            s += "\r\nStation ID: " + "Palmerston North Uplink (" + String.fromCharCode(parseInt(msg.mode)) + ")";
            }
            else if (parseInt(msg.mode) == 68) {
            s += "\r\nStation ID: " + "Dunedin (" + String.fromCharCode(parseInt(msg.mode)) + ")";
            } 
              else {
               s += "\r\nStation ID: " + "Unknown (" + String.fromCharCode(parseInt(msg.mode)) + ")";
               }
    This is what my http server data looks like:

acarsdeco2.jpg

Enjoy!
    Michael
    Palmerston North,
    New Zealand
    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Neat

Seeing less and less info on acars these days post-positional data from JST, which we tend to get on ADSB anyways. Time on/off the gate for stats And routing information for the nav systems.

The only odd thing is the full engineering info out of EK777s and the other day I saw an engine fail warning from one of the old 73s
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by ATCtech View Post
        Thank you for answering both questions!

Cheers,

Bob
        Hi Bob,

Are you now running as F-CYYZ4 ? I don't see your T-CYYZ4 anymore.
        www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
          Hi Bob,

Are you now running as F-CYYZ4 ? I don't see your T-CYYZ4 anymore.
          That's correct, FR24 receiver installed about 3 weeks ago.

Bob

Comment

Be nice to be able to run the page independent of the built in server too.

I've thrown a virtual directory into my apache server, and adjusted the absolute paths in the HTML to ./ from / to get most the CSS styling and JSripts to load, however the tricky ajax vars in the js files has me beat.

It throws a 404 looking for the dynamically made JSON in forced location root, of which it has no access to, and not current virtual root
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Just install Acarsdeco2 on my 2nd Pi , working great : )

Thank you sergsero sir .
              T-ZSSS32 F-ZSSS1 force shutdown by local regulation

Comment

Test version of AcarSDeco2 specifically for the Raspberry Pi SoC architecture: acarsdeco2_rpi_20150115.tgz - v.20150115.

+ optimized for use with receiver chips R820T or R820T2
                + added support for dongle's serial numbers with an arbitrary value format, such as mnf: Realtek prod: RTL2838UHIDIR serial: 00000013 and Generic prod: RTL2832U serial: 77771111153705700 (NooElec)

Inside the archive there's this picture:

For effective simultaneous receiving on multiple frequencies should be to precisely adjusted the error frequency of the generator in ppm, as shown in the picture. You can use SDRSharp. "To precisely adjusted" is means that the set-point frequency channel (the red vertical line, in this case at 131725000 Hz) must pass exactly through the middle of the ACARS signal. Use Zoom knob (top right) stretch the signal to better see his form.

Make once after ~30 minute warm-up of dongle.

The optimal value of the gain must also be adjusted experimentally for the specific conditions of receiving and your ACARS antenna-feeder device.

Thanks,
                sergsero
                Last edited by sergsero; 2015-01-17, 11:41.

Comment

Does your ACARS program log? I've ran it but it seems that after awhile they drop off the list. Currently running ACARSD 1.65, which logs everything into a txt file. Would be great if your program could put it into a MySQL database.
                  F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

If you run the program with only the --help option will display all the available modes. Including write --logfile <arg>.
                    Code:
                    AcarSDeco2 v.20150115
                    Program options:
                      -h [ --help ]         This help message
                      --device-list         List Available devices
                      --device-index arg    Select RTL device (default: 0)
                      --device-serial arg   Select RTL device by serial no
                      --gain arg            Set gain in Receiver, dB (default: Auto)
                      --freq-correction arg Set frequency correction, ppm (default: 0)
                      --agc                 Enable Automatic Gain Control in RTL (default: off)
                      --freq arg            Set frequency, Hz. Specify option --freq multiple times
                                            to multiple channels (--freq XX --freq YY ..)
                      --net arg             Enable network-server on port (default: off)
                      --udp arg             Set PlanePlotter UDP server address. Format:
                                            address:port (default: off)
                      --http-port arg       Set port for http server (default: 8080)
                      --vrs-url arg         Set VirtualRadarServer url for aircraft images
                                            Example: http://example.com (default: off)
                      --pictures-url arg    Set aircraft pictures url
                                            Example: http://site.com/path/to/ (default: off)
                      --no-uplink           Don't display uplink messages (default: on)
                      --no-sq               Don't display label: SQ messages (default: on)
                      --no-empty            Don't display empty messages (default: on)
                      --logfile arg         Set log filename (default: off)
                      --no-console          Disable logging on console (default: on)
                    It refers to saving to text file the copy of output messages on the console:
                    Last edited by sergsero; 2015-01-17, 12:29.

Comment

Um... Oops! Over looked that, not sure how.

I have been having an issue on getting the aircraft images to show, ATM I only have the placemark image. I've used --pictures-url http://domainname.com/dir/ with the photos saved as the rego (eg. VH-OEE.jpg), is the correct?

IMG_20150119_000847.jpg
                      Last edited by YSWG; 2015-01-18, 13:13.
                      F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

In the screenshot I see that you are using additional data from the VRS.
                        If VRS has photos of aircraft and displays it, in this case use only one option for import both for data and for photos: --vrs-url http://IP:Port. Where IP:Port is the address and port for regular WEB access to VRS through browser.
                        Last edited by sergsero; 2015-01-18, 14:39.

Comment

Originally posted by sergsero View Post
                          In the screenshot I see that you are using additional data from the VRS.
                          If VRS has photos of aircraft and displays it, in this case use only one option for import both for data and for photos: --vrs-url http://IP:Port. Where IP:Port is the address and port for regular WEB access to VRS through browser.
                          I, Like NZradar and a couple of others have tried just this as it reads it should work.
                          But although we can see the downloaded images in VRS just fine they do not appear to be locally saved (even with option enabled) but are live from the image hosting site. And this does not get presented to AcarsDeco2 like expected

Can you replicate on a clean install or separate VRS/acars combination to confirm what we are all seeing.

Comment

I'm not sure that I exactly understand your question, but I'll try to answer.

Indeed, pictures of aircraft are shown in the WEB window in live mode and not saved locally. This mode requires from user existences and works of both systems simultaneously: acarsdeco2 and VRS.

In general, acarsdeco2 can display pictures of aircraft using four variants of their location and availability.

1. If you simply run the program without any "pictures" option, it will display common silhouette instead of real aircraft pictures.
                            acarsdeco2_1.jpg

2. If you run the program with option --vrs-url <arg>, it will display real aircraft pictures and additional ADS-B data - the one and the other from VRS via HTTP request in online mode.
                            acarsdeco2_2.jpg

3. If you run the program without any "pictures" option, but in directory static rename the existing directory "pictures" to "photos", and fill it with photos of aircrafts in jpg format, it will display their.
                            acarsdeco2_31.png

acarsdeco2_3.png

4. If you run the program with option --pictures-url <arg>, and If you have any WEB server (In this case with URL http://192.168.64.155/pictures/), that has a directory with photos of the aircraft and the server is able to issue them on http request, acarsdeco2 will display their in WEB-window.

acarsdeco2_4.jpg
                            Last edited by sergsero; 2015-01-19, 16:11.

Comment

We are all trying your 2nd option. Receiving positions data from vrs. But no pictures.

Ever

Comment

In my examples, as seen in the screenshots, all variants were performed in real time on a real working conditions of the programs.

I can only assume that in your VRS settings is not enabled display pictures for outside the local network: Internet users can see aircraft pictures. Which is disabled by default.

And you are using a version later 20140801.
                                Last edited by sergsero; 2015-01-20, 03:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X