Problem with soundcard when setup acarsd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with soundcard when setup acarsd

I'm using a KENWOOD TH-28a receive the acars data. And i'm trying to use acarsd to decode the message.
    But I met with an error: "Error initializing your soundcard". Below is my sound hardware info:

audio2.PNG
    audio1.PNG

so, how can i setup my sound device?

acarsd.PNG
    thanks a lot.

It's been so long I don't actually know if I used my scanner directly or used PDW, or planeplotter and sent it to tacarsd via DDE

As you can imagine, the app and thus support for W10 is realllly behind.

Looking at my settings, I have soundDevice:0 If you note off to the left. blank is fine if you have only one as it will use the first available. I'd like to think that will ignore the top one (HDMI/video card) and 2nd and go straight for the realtek.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      It's been so long I don't actually know if I used my scanner directly or used PDW, or planeplotter and sent it to tacarsd via DDE

As you can imagine, the app and thus support for W10 is realllly behind.

Looking at my settings, I have soundDevice:0 If you note off to the left. blank is fine if you have only one as it will use the first available. I'd like to think that will ignore the top one (HDMI/video card) and 2nd and go straight for the realtek.
      I've tried to fill it "0" and leave it blank. But they showed the same error: initialing error. If I fill "1" or "2", it showed "1 or 2 is not a valid device number".

I've tried planeplotter, too. but it also can not find the soundcard.

Comment

Not much help then sorry. Although I've not actually done decoding, Mine doesn't error out and finds it on start.

If planeplotter also can't, that would suggest your chipset is some sort of PnP and not legacy support. Or needs a driver check. I have an AC97 chipset - showing how old it is

6 Sep 2021 - 20:28:45 DDE server acarsd|ACARS successfully started
        06 Sep 2021 - 20:28:46 acarsd 1.70RC3 - (C).2003-2007 by KjM acarsd@acarsd.org
        06 Sep 2021 - 20:28:46 Using 8bit, 19520Hz sampling rate. Buffersize: 87840 bytes
        06 Sep 2021 - 20:28:46 Icons are disabled in your acarsd.ini
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Not much help then sorry. Although I've not actually done decoding, Mine doesn't error out and finds it on start.

If planeplotter also can't, that would suggest your chipset is some sort of PnP and not legacy support. Or needs a driver check. I have an AC97 chipset - showing how old it is

6 Sep 2021 - 20:28:45 DDE server acarsd|ACARS successfully started
          06 Sep 2021 - 20:28:46 acarsd 1.70RC3 - (C).2003-2007 by KjM acarsd@acarsd.org
          06 Sep 2021 - 20:28:46 Using 8bit, 19520Hz sampling rate. Buffersize: 87840 bytes
          06 Sep 2021 - 20:28:46 Icons are disabled in your acarsd.ini
          well, thx for your help. and my chipset is also very old: Gigabyte P55

Comment

Snap!

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P55A-UD3R x.x

In that case you should have no issue if I don't..

Detecting as the High Definition Audio Device (not conexant or realtek) on mine. MS - 10.0.19041.264 Which I may have tracked down and forced from update catalogue.
            Its a ven_10EC&DEV_0889

Which is actually the realtek ALC899

So perhaps you need to manually force yours. May pay to do some digging into the driver detection like that.

Comment

Snap!

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P55A-UD3R x.x

In that case you should have no issue if I don't..

Detecting as the High Definition Audio Device (not conexant or realtek) on mine. MS - 10.0.19041.264 Which I may have tracked down and forced from update catalogue.
              Its a ven_10EC&DEV_0889

Which is actually the realtek ALC899

So perhaps you need to manually force yours. May pay to do some digging into the driver detection like that.
              Well,I found what is the problem, very very.... . It's the privacy settings on microphone.

Now, acarsd and planeplotter can work. But for now I haven't got any data.
              Capture.PNG
              Not sure if it is normal?
              Last edited by stargate; 2021-09-07, 12:36.

Comment

Hrm this didn't show as a new post.

So that would indicate you are using the Mic in, not the line in socket.. May be harder to find a good line level match.

Knowing the board, it is likely to have multi channel support and input? - Be better to use Blue (line in) and set the default recording device as line-in (may be hidden in sound settings) instead

Using planeplotter if you have it, you can turn on 'listen to this device' in audio settings, and open the squelch and adjust the volume/levels to get a nice midpoint wave in the above. You should see the audio as spikes basically. That way when it does get something a 'noise blip' you can see if it is capping out or not.

But if it's like here. There isn't a lot to see on ACARS these days. Planeplotter will mainly want the postion data. Jetstar australia was the only ones to update those over acars here
                And it may ignore other updates.

Lots of other data is for statistics/billing. Time off blocks, takeoff/landing times, replies to backup the normal radar attempts identify the aircraft. coded Engineering data

Comment

Hrm this didn't show as a new post.

So that would indicate you are using the Mic in, not the line in socket.. May be harder to find a good line level match.

Knowing the board, it is likely to have multi channel support and input? - Be better to use Blue (line in) and set the default recording device as line-in (may be hidden in sound settings) instead

Using planeplotter if you have it, you can turn on 'listen to this device' in audio settings, and open the squelch and adjust the volume/levels to get a nice midpoint wave in the above. You should see the audio as spikes basically. That way when it does get something a 'noise blip' you can see if it is capping out or not.

But if it's like here. There isn't a lot to see on ACARS these days. Planeplotter will mainly want the postion data. Jetstar australia was the only ones to update those over acars here
                  And it may ignore other updates.

Lots of other data is for statistics/billing. Time off blocks, takeoff/landing times, replies to backup the normal radar attempts identify the aircraft. coded Engineering data
                  For now, I can receive some data via General ACARS frequency, such as 131.xxx.

Actually, I want to monitor the pre-departure clearance (pdc) data. (We can get the frequencies of each airport from the internet.)
                  I wonder if the data is digital, encrypted or peer to peer? Can we receive that?
                  Last edited by stargate; 2021-09-08, 13:05.

Comment

Working...
                  X