MH370 Tomnod discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MH370 Tomnod discussion

found some solid objects, with http://tomnodmaplocator.com/ found out where they are located

date shown on tomnod map is 16/03/14 but the images are days old right?

debris-found.jpgdebris-location.jpg
    Last edited by Angie33; 2014-03-24, 01:37.

Comment

Finally ufff chrome is rubbish at times taking ages,

here you go

{"id":88654,"overlay_id":1290,"lat":4.641987,"lon" :90.714426,"status":1,"msg":"Retrieved map ID = 88654"}

let me know

where is it then????

wrong place again ?

I used http://tomnodmaplocator.com/ and put the code numbers of each object and it lead me to google map, but I honestly dont know...

I found some more stuff but wasn't sure to post it.
      Last edited by Angie33; 2014-03-24, 01:56.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingonhere View Post
        Containers are generally 5 metres by 2 metres average? I'm guessing? This objects are approximately 15x15 - possibly 10x10 - much larger than a shipping container..
        containers are 2.4 wide, 2.4 high, and either 6.1m long or 12.2m long;; 8ft by 8ft, by 20ft or 40ft. Then there are some extended height ones and lenght ones, but you would not spot the difference on the sat photot

Comment

MH370 Tomnod discussion

Do not think the objects located by satellites are very large parts for 777-200? I saw pictures of objects with size of 22 meters by 11 meters.

Comment

Originally posted by Angie33 View Post
            Finally ufff chrome is rubbish at times taking ages,

here you go

{"id":88654,"overlay_id":1290,"lat":4.641987,"lon" :90.714426,"status":1,"msg":"Retrieved map ID = 88654"}

let me know

where is it then????

wrong place again ?

I used http://tomnodmaplocator.com/ and put the code numbers of each object and it lead me to google map, but I honestly dont know...

I found some more stuff but wasn't sure to post it.
            Angie33
            I am getting map co-ords coming out near malaysia as well. Doesn't matter if you use the maplocator, pull down indian ocean or malaysia or the insert api. The Latitude is coming out as near the equator, not the southern ocean...?????

You are doing some great work, cutting a pasting the pics. Just keep in mind swell direction and wind direction, a lot of the "targets" people are getting, are just waves with the white water at the top crashing.
            For the southern Ocean pics at the time of shots, there was swell from the SW, and wind from the East/North East. Hence the line of white water from a wave, will be from top left, to bottom right of the pic.
            What has been catching my eyes, has been shapes/lines that don't fit that direction, then you look harder.
            A southern ocean wave could easily have a white water top, 5-10m in length, and a trail of 10m after the break.

When looking at the malaysia pics last week, the white water top, was just a white dot, 2m max. unfortunately hundreds of people were marking wave tops as wreckage.

Final FYI for everybody, is the Lat and long
            don't confuse degrees and decimal of a degree,(ie: :-7.565485 is the same as 7 degrees 33.92 mins S, which is the same as 7 degrees 33' mins 55" seconds S

Note the chinese sat pics, are in degrees, minutes and seconds,(just like when you used to use a sextant !!!)
            whereas tomnod /google is in degrees and decimal of a degree.; (surveyors form)
            and Amsa are using degrees minutes and decimal of a minute..... the more normal form especially marine GPS units.

So using the wrong form, could have 40-50 nautical mile error to the position. ..

I am not saying you don't know all this, or have been making errors, I am just putting it out there for everyone, as I have seen positional confusion going on, when everyone starts commenting.....

I for one, would like to know my tomnods co-ords,,,, but i won't get into that here, I just keep looking....

G out.

Comment

@grandbanks

thank you so much for letting me know, honestly I never dealt with this in my life, but did I get the wrong map? Are those objects in the wrong place? I'm not good with lat/long, tomnod lead me directly to this map and before starting to look, used the locator and it showed near Malaysia Please let me know
              Last edited by Angie33; 2014-03-24, 03:09.

Comment

Well I just went and downloaded the tomnod kmz file, from their home page, search results.
                They have nothing in the southern ocean, as results..... They have Indian ocean, but it is up north, just west of Banda Aceh, same longitude, 90 degree East, but 4 degrees North, nothing at 44S..

So now I am really confused....???
                I went in and refreshed a new search, and it looks like I am in the Indian Ocean north, 6.8S and 95E
                who knows, maybe they can't get southern ocean images for us to look at.??

Comment

Originally posted by Angie33 View Post
                  @grandbanks

thank you so much for letting me know, honestly I never dealt with this in my life, but did I get the wrong map? Are those objects in the wrong place? I'm not good with lat/long, tomnod lead me directly to this map and before starting to look, used the locator and it showed near Malaysia Please let me know
                  Hi Angie33.
                  Try http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html. Just type in the lat and long you get eg: 4.641987 & 90.714426
                  in the top right hand box, ( at bottom of page) and then click "show point" .
                  Tomnod home page is showing red SW of Perth now. Maybe they are scanning there.

You keep up the good work. You have a good heart.

Comment

Eyewitness : Raja Dalelah: I'm convinced I saw aircraft near Andaman islands

10150578_1456746947891524_1304999327_n.png

debris-location.jpg

??????
                    Last edited by Angie33; 2014-03-24, 03:55.

Comment

"Tomnod home page is showing red SW of Perth now. Maybe they are scanning there. "??????

HI, I

tried to find update that you could see, about the tomnod search.
                      This is what I have found, see pic below.
                      NB: Perth is in SW corner of Australia.
                      best is to see AMSA update of where they are. It is the most correct piece of info,,,, forget cnn.
                      A timeline of the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA’s) involvement in the search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Comment

can't see the attachments has tomnod updated any new map going a bit more south of the indian ocean???

Comment

try again sorry

cumulative search amsa.jpg

tomnod current from home page.jpg

Comment

and now tomnod, sends me to the maldives...????
                            {"id":159443,"overlay_id":1300,"lat":3.957467,"lon ":72.362188,"status":1,"msg":"Retrieved map ID = 159443"}

why, why why????
                            why would they not try to obtain southern ocean shots, for the crowd to look at??

4,352 tiles looked at, 64 tags..........
                            and not once was i able to look in the correct place

what an awesome way to utilise technology.
                            maybe a bit more thought to the map placements might result in a stronger outcome.
                            120 people confirming a 150m rectangular barge run aground on the Andaman islands, doesn't really achieve the desired outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by grandbanks View Post
                              and now tomnod, sends me to the maldives...????
                              {"id":159443,"overlay_id":1300,"lat":3.957467,"lon ":72.362188,"status":1,"msg":"Retrieved map ID = 159443"}

why, why why????
                              why would they not try to obtain southern ocean shots, for the crowd to look at??

4,352 tiles looked at, 64 tags..........
                              and not once was i able to look in the correct place

what an awesome way to utilise technology.
                              maybe a bit more thought to the map placements might result in a stronger outcome.
                              120 people confirming a 150m rectangular barge run aground on the Andaman islands, doesn't really achieve the desired outcome.

Honestly my gut feeling is saying that we are not meant to look elsewhere!

Comment

Looks like Bombardier Global 6000 just heading out on there search pattern

Comment

Working...
                                X