Friends trick drink driver he has been in coma for 10 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends trick drink driver he has been in coma for 10 years

I had to think very carefully about placing this post but ultimately decided since it's almost Christmas and 'holiday' season it was worth posting. I'd hate to see anyone I know having to go through all this. I went some years ago to the local traffic court with a mate (it's true, it wasnt my case I just had time on my hands) who was fighting a speeding fine and before his case came up there was the case of a serial drink driver that came up. It was his 6th drink driving charge (called PCA's over here (Prescribed Content of Alcohol)). The beak (magistrate) said to the guy "If I see you in my court again, I'll take your licence away." I was absolutely dumbfounded thinking he should have already done that a few offences earlier. He must have been the softest magistrate in the country. My mate lost his case by the way.

Whist the following story has a humorous element to it, it is a very serious subject. I cant drive much anymore but when I could it would have gutted me if anything I'd done had ended some one elses life or affected another family as it cant be undone. I've been retired now since 1992 but during my working life I witnessed at first hand as did most of the guys who were under my command and saw all too frequently the repercussions of drink driving.

By all means enjoy a drink- just dont drive.

The following is a very telling comment;

"Advocacy groups have tried a plethora of methods to raise awareness of the problem of driving while under the influence of alcohol. According to the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 10,000 people died in drunk-driving accidents throughout 2012. That is one person every 51 minutes."

Have an enjoyable Christmas and/or holiday season. It's a somewhat 'sobering' thought that while you read this and a few other posts, another person dies due to a drunk driver in the USA alone.
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-10, 10:46.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

I saw that video. That guy was shocked.
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
      I saw that video. That guy was shocked.
      Birdie,

Indeed he was mate. I think that was his mate's intention to shock the heck out of him (put the wind up him, so to speak) to hopefully stop him from doing it yet another time, perhaps with tragic consequences either for himself and/or others.

Regards,
      Gregg
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
      X