Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should reclining airline seats be banned?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should reclining airline seats be banned?

    Itís one of the most common causes of in-flight frustration. You've finally found a comfortable seating position that doesn't involve circus-grade contortion skills, when the seat in front reclines without warning.

    http://au.totaltravel.yahoo.com/trav...Src=y7homepage
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

  • #2
    Prevent seats reclining to less than 28" of an upright seat behind - so if you have seats at 32" they can recline by 4", if they are 28" - they don't recline at all.

    The argument that says all seats recline is not true - seats crammed against a bulkhead don't.

    Comment


    • #3
      Even worse is having some kid seated behind you that kicks your seat the entire long-haul flight while you're trying to sleep.
      www.ADS-B.ca

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
        Even worse is having some kid seated behind you that kicks your seat the entire long-haul flight while you're trying to sleep.
        Easily fixed- fly with those airlines introducing 'child free' zones. I'll try to dig up their names if I can

        Regards,
        Gregg

        Scoot is one;
        http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...821-2sbc7.html

        Malaysian is another;
        http://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-air...on-airbus-a380

        It seems to be mainly for noise purposes, but I guess it would have the same effect and seems to be spreading.
        Last edited by fungus; 2013-10-05, 06:42.
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by fungus View Post
          It’s one of the most common causes of in-flight frustration. You've finally found a comfortable seating position that doesn't involve circus-grade contortion skills, when the seat in front reclines without warning.

          http://au.totaltravel.yahoo.com/trav...Src=y7homepage
          For the first time ever, I completely agree with you Fungus

          Comment


          • #6
            One time there was a kid kicking my seat.On An Airbus A320 Of Philippine Airlines
            From RPLL To RPVA
            Originally posted by fungus View Post
            Easily fixed- fly with those airlines introducing 'child free' zones. I'll try to dig up their names if I can

            Regards,
            Gregg

            Scoot is one;
            http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...821-2sbc7.html

            Malaysian is another;
            http://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-air...on-airbus-a380

            It seems to be mainly for noise purposes, but I guess it would have the same effect and seems to be spreading.
            Ice
            F-RPLL3

            Comment

            Working...
            X