The endless quest for better boarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The endless quest for better boarding

Something to ponder and perhaps, if you have the answer, earn yourself a quid or two;

What's the best way to get on a plane?

Getting people on and off an airplane quickly is so complicated that even an astrophysicist couldn't figure it out.
    Jason Steffen, a research fellow at Northwestern University, normally contemplates things such as axion-like particles. But after waiting in one boarding line too many, he turned to the mysteries of airline seating.
    "I thought there had to be a better way," he says.

... I'll pass. I'm battling just to get a couple of the grandkids into their car safety seats.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-08-01, 05:26.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

MythBusters: Season 13, Episode 9

Did a special on 3 different loading methods
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

.... and did Adam and Jamie do better than the astrophysicist? It seems there's plenty of different methods, just not the elusive 'perfect' one.
      Last edited by fungus; 2013-08-01, 06:58.
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
      X