The Google map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Google map

The Google map in use by FlightRadar has an error. How do I tell the powers that be that half way between Alicante and Cartagena in Spain the place shown as Torrevella does not exist. It is TORREVIEJA.

Thanks

Then u need to tell Google. Not much FR24 can do ...
    ENFB.net
    Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Originally posted by MattD View Post
      The Google map in use by FlightRadar has an error. How do I tell the powers that be that half way between Alicante and Cartagena in Spain the place shown as Torrevella does not exist. It is TORREVIEJA.

Thanks
      You can report Map errors here, Google host the Maps for Flightradar24.

Google probably won't change the name as its the English way of spelling it.

Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-05-11, 23:05.
      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

>>>>>Google probably won't change the name as its the English way of spelling it.<<<<<<

Excuse me for asking but what on earth does the above quote mean? Which is the "English" way of spelling it? Which "it" do you mean?
        It is TORREVIEJA to 99.99999999 per cent of the people in Spain--probably the world as well until Google Maps had a brain storm.
        What has the "English" way of spelling it got to do with anything?

Comment

>>>>>Google probably won't change the name as its the English way of spelling it.<<<<<<

Excuse me for asking but what on earth does the above quote mean? Which is the "English" way of spelling it? Which "it" do you mean?
          It is TORREVIEJA to 99.99999999 per cent of the people in Spain--probably the world as well until Google Maps had a brain storm.
          Just report it. Eventually Google will respond and give you a reason why it's not wrong, then you can argue with them. That's how it usually goes with Google. I've argued with them a time or two. They just got back to me yesterday in fact, about a report I filed six months ago.

Oh, and they still insist that my friends driveway is a through street, even though it ends in the middle of a soybean field on their own photos.

Comment

Well my country is 'Danmark' and the capital is 'København'. Anyway Google is using the English names for country and capital. Probably more useful to most of the population on earth. Same with Spain (España)

Comment

Working...
            X