Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrong position of the location "Homert" on the flightradar map!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong position of the location "Homert" on the flightradar map!

...I just noticed an error on the map regarding the listings and position of locations.

In the North-Rhine Westfalia area between Lüdenscheid and Olpe there are several towns like Kierspe, Meinerzhagen, Drolshagen, Olpe. Between Meinerzhagen and Olpe there is a small village named "Homert".

But the right location of the "Homert" is between Lüdenscheid and Meinerzhagen, not between Meinerzhagen and Drolshagen. This is wrong!

You can check the right position of the "Homert" on google earth.

Regards

Edgar Schlimm, Lüdenscheid
    Last edited by Edgar Schlimm; 2011-08-21, 16:05. Reason: correction

Hi Edgar.

This must be an error with Google Maps, as FlightRadar24 data is layed over the map.

If you look at the bottom of the map you will see Google Tele Atlas.

Mike / Speedbird
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

...hello Mike,

this is possible. So the error is on their site. I try to write to google maps.

Thank you for your reply.

Regards

Edgar

Comment

As said before the map is provided by Google and Google Maps. There is no way for us to ad/change/remove any information on the map.

Comment

Hello,

I sent a request to google and I think, they may correct this error. Strange is, that on google earth - same company - the location is shown correctly.

Regards

Edgar Schlimm

Comment

Originally posted by Edgar Schlimm View Post
            ...I just noticed an error on the map regarding the listings and position of locations.

In the North-Rhine Westfalia area between Lüdenscheid and Olpe there are several towns like Kierspe, Meinerzhagen, Drolshagen, Olpe. Between Meinerzhagen and Olpe there is a small village named "Homert".

But the right location of the "Homert" is between Lüdenscheid and Meinerzhagen, not between Meinerzhagen and Drolshagen. This is wrong!

You can check the right position of the "Homert" on google earth.

Regards

Edgar Schlimm, Lüdenscheid
            Good morning Edgar, yes I know that location well, many fond memories.

Bill

Comment

...hello Bill,

nice to hear :-)

Where do you know this place "Homert" from? Did you visit it?

Normally there are only just a few farm buildings. But most famous is the historic look-out tower at the highest point.

You can climb up and join a very fine sight over the whole "Sauerland" area...

By the way, there is one remarkable incident: in 1940 a RAF Handley-Page "Hampden" crashed not far away of this look-out tower at night. This was the very first plane crash during WWII here...

Regards

Edgar

Comment

yes sometimes Google map has errors, it is possible..or could be error on the URL or network. So of problems or errors occur, report it immediately to Google map.

Comment

Working...
                X