Google Smart Lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Smart Lock

Embarrassed to have to ask this but have tried searching here, the FB page and google pages about smart lock but can't disable it. Computer version of FlightRadar works fine but on my Google Phone (Android) I now get a bar in blue across the foot of the page saying Google smart Lock and I can't disable it - any idea folks?

Originally posted by Bananan
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble disabling Google Smart Lock on your Android phone. Here are some steps you can try to disable it:
    1. Open your phone's Settings app and tap on "Security & location."
    2. Under the "Security" section, tap on "Smart Lock."
    3. Enter your phone's PIN, pattern, or password to access the Smart Lock settings.
    4. Once you're in the Smart Lock settings, you can disable it by toggling the switch next to "Trusted places," "Trusted devices," and "On-body detection."
    5. If you have any trusted places or devices set up, you'll need to remove them first before you can disable Smart Lock.

If you're still unable to disable Smart Lock after trying the steps above, you may want to try clearing the cache and data of the Google app on your phone. Here's how to do it:
    1. Go to your phone's Settings app and tap on "Apps & notifications."
    2. Find the Google app and tap on it.
    3. Tap on "Storage & cache."
    4. Tap on "Clear cache" and "Clear storage."
    5. Restart your phone and see if the Smart Lock bar is still present.

If you're still having trouble after trying these steps, you may want to reach out to Google support for further assistance.
    Many thanks - may just be my phone is getting too long in the tooth. Thanks for the options though Regards Jeremy

Comment

Hello,
      Since the beginning of January 2024 I have been experiencing the same problem with "Google smart lock" and none of the solutions found on the Internet or on this forum work because the menus in "Settings" are different and "Smart lock" cannot be found on my phone. It's a Samsung A54 version One UI: 6.0, Android version: 14, System update Google Play: 1 November 2023.
      FR24 works correctly on my IOS12 tablet and on my Windows 10 PC.
      Thank you very much for your help. I wish you a very good day.
      Serge

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)​

Comment

Working...
      X