I want a refund!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a refund!!!!!

I signed up for a silver subscription and within days, my local airport and all of its traffic disappeared off the map. Well, the airport is still there but I have zoooooooooom in, to the point I can see the runway on the map.

I feel like I've been ripped off! I never would have bought the subscription if I knew there was no data for my area.

What's the deal here???? I can't figure out how to contact the company, as the contact page just refers me to the FAQ questions.

I'm so disappointed.

Any suggestions for me?

There's a contact page under 'about'
    but the referral to faq will be because the service is not a guaranteed commercial product

Last week Flightradar24 had coverage in my area, but not any more. Why?

Flightradar24 is a network of receivers around the world. Some receivers are online 24/7 and others are only online from time to time. There are many reasons why a receiver could be offline. There can be a technical problem with the receiver, antenna, or Internet connection. There is also a possibility that the owner of the receiver has closed down their receiver. With over 13,000 receivers connected to the network, Flightradar24 cannot tell why different receivers are offline, and when they will be back online. If you want to ensure coverage in your area, see 'How can I increase coverage in my area?' above to learn about hosting a receiver.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thank you, again, for your response. I am going to contact the airport and try to convince them to become a reciever.

Regards,
      Sid

Comment

You don't need to contact the Airport.
        Build yourself a receiver with a Raspberry Pi and you'll get a Business Subscription as long as your receiver is sending data to Flightradar24.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

I looked into getting a free reciever from FR24 but I don't have anywhere to put an antenna. I don't have access to the roof and my porch is covered by other porches and trees.

I do have a raspberry pie but I think in building my own receiver, I would still run into problems due to inability to set up an outdoor antenna.

If there is some way to recieve and send data without an external antenna, I'm all ears!

I know the airport has internet and they have many places where an antenna can be placed. That's why I'm going to ask. I think it would be beneficial to local pilots and I'm sure plane spotters will appreciate it too.

Thanks,
          Sid

Originally posted by ABi69 View Post
          You don't need to contact the Airport.
          Build yourself a receiver with a Raspberry Pi and you'll get a Business Subscription as long as your receiver is sending data to Flightradar24.

https://www.flightradar24.com/build-your-own

Comment

No problem here with selfmade indoor-antenna at 3rd floor...

http://flugradar-wanne-eickel.tk/tar1090/ 2.jpg

Comment

Nice rig...

Comment

Cool antenna!

I live on the first floor of a three story apartment. I can't even get up to the third floor as I am disabled and there is no elevator. Even if I could get up there, nobody is going to let me hang an antenna out of their apartment. In addition to being on the first floor, the exterior of the building is covered by and surrounded by trees.

Do you really think an antenna would work on my first floor porch? I'm not being sarcastic... I genuinely want to know if you think it would work, given the limitations of my location. I don't have much extra money and I don't want to spend it on a reciever that can't receive.

Thanks.
                Sid

Comment

Maybe you could get a used Raspberry Pi 2B and a cheap DVB-T-Stick with indoor-antenna and the right chipset. I think this is the cheapest solution to test.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsidknee View Post
                    Do you really think an antenna would work on my first floor porch? I'm not being sarcastic... I genuinely want to know if you think it would work, given the limitations of my location. I don't have much extra money and I don't want to spend it on a reciever that can't receive.

Thanks.
                    Sid
                    Sid, it doesn't matter how good the reception is, you still will get a business subscription.
                    Start with a normal Pi3, add FlightAware software, then Flightradar24 (in that order) and you will get free their business subscriptions.

Comment

I'm not trying to get a free subscription. My goal to be able to see/identify planes that are flying in my area. If there is no data available in my area, I don't need an account at all. Spending money to build my own reciever seems pointless if it's not going to be able to receive data.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Originally posted by SoNic67 View Post
                      Sid, it doesn't matter how good the reception is, you still will get a business subscription.
                      Start with a normal Pi3, add FlightAware software, then Flightradar24 (in that order) and you will get free their business subscriptions.

Comment

Working...
                      X