Vbulletin 5 and how it 'use to be'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin 5 and how it 'use to be'

I'm still getting use to this (lets face it, terrible change on behalf of VB) to the now non intuitive mobile layout first version
    There is some custom back end stuff to make it look more like vb4 again - but I don't have that sort of access.

But here's some tips I've found along the way anyway.

Mobile isn't as nice as desktop-
    If viewing on mobile, until tapatalk is reinstated you may find it easier to go 'view desktop site' or similar

'New Posts' (since last visit)
    - I *think* 'New Topics' is for this. To go to the latest post in those, use the small blue arrows to the right under 'Last Post'

'But there's threads I've read showing' you say?...

'Mark all forums as read' - it's gone. Yep. I kid you not. It use to be in the top menu in early v5 versions. But was removed totally. How do you do it now?
    Navigate to the forums list (latest topics, trending etc all displayed)
    "Mark Channels Read" at the bottom of the page

Sick of notification icon (some may not even see it - top right of screen)

Click username - User Settings.
    Adjust the 'notifications' area

Below appear to make numbers appear, along with emails. I've opted to enable auto subscribe, with emails and turn off the notifications.

Replies to your discussion (this also includes comments in your topics)
    Comments on your discussion

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Thanks for those tips.

I've been using Latest Activity with the filter set to "New Topics - Off". The default is "New Topics - On".

By switching this to "off", the list displays later posts to a topic than when set to "On" "New Topics" doesn't highlight latest posts. The previous version had an option to view all posts since last visit and I used this extensively. Most other forums have an option to view latest posts, both new topics and replies. I'm darned if I can find the equivalent in this VB version.

By the way, the setting reverts to the default "New Topics - On" for the next visit. The changed setting isn't retained.

I also tried to change my User Settings ->Account to set :

Conversation Detail Options -> Display Mode -> Latest Activity

....but when I try to Save Changes I get an Error Message;

Email addresses must match

I've tried retyping the email address but to no avail.

I understand the reason for the upgrade (to reduce abuse and vulnerabilities) but the "customer interface" sucks.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Closest I've found is another awful url
      https://forum.flightradar24.com/search?searchJSON={"view":"activity","unread_only" :1, "sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}

Apparently it can be made a button somehow

Activity vs topic shows posts summary. But think it's the last one, not the first new one unread.

I too was big on latest since previous visit.

Even editing my first post to add that a lot of useful features like seeing what profiles the SE0 boobs are viewing, to find their other accounts has been removed caused a server 505 error

As did writing this on a mobile. Sigh

Also gone is the ability to list users by join date with 0 posts. Confirmed by many others, and in the 4years since released still not a blip on the development horizon
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

How do we now report spammers like abhizeee?

Edit. Found it. One has to use "Flag".
        Last edited by Anmer; 2019-11-18, 17:07.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I should have expected that.

First new thread in the off topic is a first Target

Comment

And another one to go totally off grid or to limit to non users.

I managed to miss the bad persons attempts the other day.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X