Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik12345
    replied
    I guess there is an moderation in place now. My first 2 posts get the message:
    Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
    Strangely a user with status Super Moderator has seen the first one and is reacting is, but is still not visable for the other users.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Spam really sucks but is hard to stop. I'm quite sure it's not robots but people making posts manually as there is a task that needs to be done manually on registration.

This a support forum for flightradar24 so we want to keep registration as easy as possible for real people, but hard for robots. We also don't have resources to validate each user and post manually.

I suggest to everyone to use report post feature to notify moderators about spam as soon as possible. Notifcation email goes out to about 10 moderators directly and in most cases the post is gone in 2-10 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Yep unfortunately the popularity makes this a good target for backlinking by farms of people in India/Asia who are paid to do it all day long.

These are the new users, which as you point out if they are reported we usually attend to. I can't when I'm out in the field at work most the time but do when I can. We all get mailed a notification of it

On the flipside there are still automated registration hacks that are being bypassed, you guys don't see the automatically moderated posts. Where the system thinks they are spam so prevent them being seen. When we go to delete those, it often says the user has made 0 posts or is a guest. Those are often using the hacks.

Leave a comment:

• Amper
    replied
    Spamm is pleague. There is no cure for that. Fr24 board is perfect target for them.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• F-EGLF1
    replied
    Originally posted by Amper View Post
    Those posts doesn't last long. I use report post option but I think that mods are present most of the time. If not, you can go to chat and report to delcomp or someone else. Moderating first posts will dicourage people to participate in disscussions.

Thanks, you are probably correct, it is just that there seems to have been a sudden rise in this type of mail recently, I had not realised that there was a report post option, but I have looked closer and found it.
    Ben.

Leave a comment:

• Amper
    replied
    Those posts doesn't last long. I use report post option but I think that mods are present most of the time. If not, you can go to chat and report to delcomp or someone else. Moderating first posts will dicourage people to participate in disscussions.

Leave a comment:

• F-EGLF1
    started a topic Moderation for new users

Moderation for new users

Can we have some system where any new user has their first 1 or 2 posts moderated before they are published, there seems to be a flood of spam posts at the moment (3 so far today!) and it is all from people who have just registered (it may be the same person with multiple registrations?) it should not be any harder to moderate new posters than it is to have to keep blocking them.
    Ben.
Working...
X