Trying to change database for routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to change database for routes

Hi im new here but trying to change details for a flight in and out of Exeter. Ive gone on to the database edit forum but cant seem to be able to post anything. PLEASE HELP and tell me how to do it.

Ive just noticed way back on the 20th June 2013, there was a mention that this option would become fully automated, not sure if this is now the case and we cant update the database. Again can anyone help with this.

Comment

Database is currently using both local database or scraped from official airline sources. Very soon the local database is to be 'switched off'
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

That seems strange as I have noticed 3x flights this morning, 2x with no departure info, 1x one on its way from Birmingham to Montego Bay, actually showing its flying Newcastle to Dalaman. I rely on acquate info as we are an airport transfer company, seems strange that free info from us who use the facility cant be ensourced in to the database

Comment

We can't have 2 databases for several reasons. Main are:

1) Manual work is VERY time consuming and we are trying to reduce such work.
          2) If we have schedule data and user data, which one should be used/trusted?
          3) Why invest time in manual work, if it can be invested in improving automatic matching?

We have bought a database containing almost all flights in the world and the big challenge is to match everything together correctly. That is an ongoing process since several weeks and every day we make small improvements to match more and more flights. For example there are many airlines using same W2 (Flex Flight) code but in reality they are different airlines with different flight numbers, we have airlines flying for other airlines with strange flight number combinations (BA Shuttle flying for BA, FlyBe Nordic flying some flights for Finnair, Republic airlines flying for different US operators), we have the European alphanumerical callsigns that are changed almost daily, we have the flights crossing the dateline, we have flights that could be delayed to next day, we have the via flights, we have diversions, we have last minute equipment changes, we have pilots using incorrect callsign and everything needs to be handled. Yesterday we found a small Canadian airline flying Beechcraft B350 using the same flight number CA911 on local Canadian flights, as Air China is using on A330 flights from Beijing to Stockholm, which made us show B350 as arriving aircraft to Arlanda yesterday. We already have a problem if we should trust airline data or ADS-B data more. If SAS claims there is a CRJ900 flying SK609 CPH-ZRH and we get a MD80 from ADS-B/MLAT as SAS609. Should we trust our data and show this MD80 on route CPH-ZRH, or should we trust SAS and remove the CPH-ZRH route from this flight and try to match in to another flight? And adding user data to this equation would make it even more complicated. So as I said it's an ongoing process to improve the data quality that will take weeks/months.

Comment

So for instance the new Air India flights to Melbourne and Sydney that started last week, will be added to the database at some point?

Delhi – Sydney – Melbourne – Delhi eff 29AUG13 4 weekly
            AI312 DEL1345 – 0630+1SYD0800+1 – 0935+1MEL 788 x357
            AI311 SYD0800 – 0935MEL1050 – 1835DEL 788 x146

Delhi – Melbourne – Sydney – Delhi eff 30AUG13 3 weekly
            AI312 DEL1300 – 0530+1MEL0700+1 – 0830+1SYD 788 357
            AI311 MEL0700 – 0830SYD1000 – 1810DEL 788 146

Comment

Originally posted by OliverGigacz View Post
              So for instance the new Air India flights to Melbourne and Sydney that started last week, will be added to the database at some point?

Delhi – Sydney – Melbourne – Delhi eff 29AUG13 4 weekly
              AI312 DEL1345 – 0630+1SYD0800+1 – 0935+1MEL 788 x357
              AI311 SYD0800 – 0935MEL1050 – 1835DEL 788 x146

Delhi – Melbourne – Sydney – Delhi eff 30AUG13 3 weekly
              AI312 DEL1300 – 0530+1MEL0700+1 – 0830+1SYD 788 357
              AI311 MEL0700 – 0830SYD1000 – 1810DEL 788 146
              They were added automatically at the same day as route started.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                They where added automatically at the same day as route started.
                Then why are not showing when the flights are operating? There is no STD/ATD or STA/ETA.

Screen Shot 2013-09-06 at 11.04.01 PM.png

Comment

As I wrote 3 posts ago

That is an ongoing process since several weeks and every day we make small improvements to match more and more flights.

Comment

Is there anything the hobbiest army can do to help?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                      Is there anything the hobbiest army can do to help?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
                      Sorry, no... As I said, we are making small progress every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        We have bought a database containing almost all flights in the world and the big challenge is to match everything together correctly.
                        Could it be that this database is from last year and due to airlines having changed their schedules it does not match.
                        I noticed that a lot with Lufthansa flights.. e.g. yesterday LH2030/LH2032 was MUC-TXL not what FR24 showed

Comment

Originally posted by eddm_muc View Post
                          Could it be that this database is from last year and due to airlines having changed their schedules it does not match.
                          I noticed that a lot with Lufthansa flights.. e.g. yesterday LH2030/LH2032 was MUC-TXL not what FR24 showed
                          As said before, it's a LIVE database with LIVE data.

Comment

Hello, what about Sunexpress flights? They are not shown e.g. at Sahiba Gökcen Airport desk although it is one of the biggest airlines at this airport. All flightdata (unregular flights too) are to be found on its website. Are you going to match it?

Comment

Originally posted by woy23 View Post
                              Hello, what about Sunexpress flights? They are not shown e.g. at Sahiba Gökcen Airport desk although it is one of the biggest airlines at this airport. All flightdata (unregular flights too) are to be found on its website. Are you going to match it?
                              G'day Woy23,

'SunExpress' aircraft are found in the database but the airport 'Sahiba Gökcen' is not (that I could find but an ICAO code may have been helpful since I'm in Australia and am not faliliar with it at all). This would suggest that we dont have a receiver near this airport so it's not a matter of 'matching it' as it is of having somebody with a receiver nearby who can upload to FR24. Check out 'about', 'increase coverage', and the 'FAQ' section for details. As we have said so frequently on the chat- no receiver= no aircraft coverage.

Regards,
                              Gregg

Just looked up the airport and found the ICAO code for it is LTFJ (SAW) Sabiha Gökçen International Airport in Turkey. So it may be a large airport but that doesnt change anything I've said (and with the ICAO code I did locate it in the database). It's also not in our feeder station list (list of receivers). Perhaps some one in Europe may be more able to assist.

Have you considered uploading? If so, read the appropriate threads on the forum.
                              Last edited by fungus; 2013-10-11, 01:53. Reason: update
                              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
                              X