Forum is now running the latest version of vBulletin software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorskeTroll View Post

And what interest to spammers from this forum? They then something can sell?
    The popularity of the domain alone is the sell point. - And number of registered users (despite many being fake).

Usually don't post - if they do its irrelevant or advertising - That only makes search bots scan profile faster. (You don't see the ones that don't post.)

Popular forums/blogs = scanned by google /search bots more often.

They sell their time, promising good 'google rank' search results to customers. Join, edit profile, add links on multiple sites/blogs with links to sites. Google follows, instantly appears as a 'popular' site (makes it look like they got lots of new customers to visit)
    Show client good results, get paid

Within days/weeks the site target less popular and back to normal - and google may detect and punish both sites true ranking for not trying to prevent.

google 'freelance forum commenting'. You will see all the people selling/asking for this 'service' - looks legitimate (like medical site will ask for links from medical forums) but they abuse it by posting places like here.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

@ Oblivian. Not sure if you saw my message in the PM box. In case like me you can't figure out how to get the message to show up, you have to click on the rather unintuitive 'slots' word underneath where it says "[my username] and I" and then opens the thread. You'd think that the discussion would display by default when opening it, but you only see the message you sent yourself, despite being in your inbox. It's the dumbest forum software that I've ever seen. It took me about 15 minutes of random clicking to figure it out when another member replied to a PM I sent.

Comment

As there is no where to abuse the database im posting this here

Who ever is adding aircraft (and i know who isnt) try and do it properly and stop making up ICAO codes an ARJ-21 is not AS27 I wont bother pointing out all the other errors your copying and pasting, but it is fun to watch

Love and kisses

Comment

Originally posted by harsh93 View Post
          Hi Sir,
          I am now (after the latest version is up) unable to post new details of aircrafts in “aircraft database” forum.
          I am not getting option of typing.
          Attaching screen-shot of the page. It also mentions “sorry you are not authorised to view the page”
          I have been active user in providing database of new aircrafts (and no spams).
          Please help me.
          Thank You.
          Apologies for the inconveninces, you should be able to post now, please try and let me know the outcome!

Thanks in advance,

Stefani

Comment

Originally posted by stefani View Post

Apologies for the inconveninces, you should be able to post now, please try and let me know the outcome!

Thanks in advance,

Stefani
            Hi,
            Thank you so much for the reply
            I am now able to post. Thank you again

Comment

Why is everyone putting links to competitor site Radarbox and airliner site rzjets in all of their posts ?

Eg. https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...368#post178368

User Be9L is putting links to Radarbox in every post. What the heck?

Comment

Yo Stefani I'm still blocked from posting too

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post
                  Why is everyone putting links to competitor site Radarbox and airliner site rzjets in all of their posts ?

Data traceability

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post

Wat does it have to do with the topic of this thread "latest forum software"?

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

If you are in a timezone that allows, check out 'whos online' at about 0500 UTC for the waves from India, Indonesia, and less frequent at that time but during earlier hrs Vietnam and Pakistan. Although I don't think you can see IP. you can spot the usernames. Parts of Company, 'real names' vs aliases, *cong *duc *vn *ban* + "88" (poker)

/edit Oh I left out *bola

The other pokr name
                      You would think I'm psychic.

1 post. 4 gambling urls. Profile link. Deleted before anyone had chance to report it.

Not like you can prevent such activities or editing profile based on post count for example... oh wait

image_10072.jpg
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hi Mike
                        Tapatalk is still not working. I am getting 'Network Error, please try again later. (get_config)'
                        Apparently a plug-in needs to be updated.

Comment

Nuked cookie, possibly new version update - I note the version number has been removed from footer (helps identify target to a specific tool deployed for creating accts on vbulletin). Although still identifies as powered by (which I think it has to)

and some of the icons now work properly.

Thats a start.

Now if only suggested profile/homepage field edit was disabled for those with less than 10 posts..
                          fr24poker.PNG​​
                          Last edited by Oblivian; 2020-01-16, 02:46.

Comment

https://www.tenable.com/blog/cve-202...-vulnerability Start the clock.

Comment

Working...
                            X