Forum is now running the latest version of vBulletin software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post

Anyway, I see new hex codes have been added to the database so looks like my comment about third party data providers doing the job now is true, hence why those 2 threads are locked.

Note :

Mike
    Team FR24
    Last Activity: Today, 20:10 <-------

Added only large commercial aircrafts. No one will mess around with small aircrafts...

Comment

Originally posted by NorskeTroll View Post

Added only large commercial aircrafts. No one will mess around with small aircrafts...
      I'm sure with their 20 database editors they'll be able to keep on top of all the changes and new additions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post

I'm sure with their 20 database editors they'll be able to keep on top of all the changes and new additions.
        What are you talking about?! They still have not recorded in the DB the aircrafts that they were informed before the shutdown

Comment

Originally posted by apgphoto View Post
          Maybe Maxi is clearing the considerable backlog, before they open the floodgates again?

Its been very noticeable that you can see how the Brazilians have been picking and choosing what to add to the DB
          Work is done, but don't know why they blocked this all.

Comment

Less. hmm..

Last hour alone (when I was able to look at screen)
            Attached Files
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

We might have dud forum software but I do notice we are now blessed with animated helicopters for our amusement - a bit like ground vehicles that resemble Mephisto WW1 tanks (if ground vehicles are still a thing on here because I have them turned off).

Comment

And this evenings /last couple hours winners...

Attached Files
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  Not surprised. At the same speed, airplanes were added to the database. At the time of the shutdown, the lag was about a week.

Comment

Maybe its worth trying something like Google reCaptcha to disable bots/spammers from registering here in the forums...

Comment

Originally posted by dedevillela View Post

Maybe its worth trying something like Google reCaptcha to disable bots/spammers from registering here in the forums...
                      These aren't generally bots. But Real people who sit and are paid to bypass human checks. I ban during registration if I catch and you see them try multiple times or to re-activate like something went wrong. All they want is the url field.

Members: 50,193 Active Members: 1,331
                      Shows you the ratio of people who browse/post vs fill out profile.
                      Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-11-20, 18:10.

Comment

These aren't generally bots. But Real people who sit and are paid to bypass human checks. I ban during registration if I catch and you see them try multiple times or to re-activate like something went wrong. All they want is the url field.

Members: 50,193 Active Members: 1,331
                        Shows you the ratio of people who browse/post vs fill out profile.
                        Allright, what about e-mail authentication of new accounts, mandatory login at least every 30 days, block abusive IP's, etc, just like many vBulletin forums currently do. Just trying to figue it out so we can all go back to post new entries in the db forums.

Comment

Originally posted by dedevillela View Post

Allright, what about e-mail authentication of new accounts, mandatory login at least every 30 days, block abusive IP's, etc, just like many vBulletin forums currently do. Just trying to figue it out so we can all go back to post new entries in the db forums.
                          I'm in the dark on the reasoning for DB area being closed as everyone else. I doubt it was these accounts as a reason for it, as they hardly ever post
                          - and usually in the 'off topic' area (it's a standard go to for any sort of post making automation used) if do so

But such improvements to cut down have been raised. It increases artificial traffic and can punish statistics for either. Guess It's a matter of getting someone with the time (bother) and access level to take note and implement. Low on the list as it doesn't generate site traffic/subscribers I guess. Even ZB-Block is back to being developed and stops many bad-probing bots looking for open forums supporting URL follow/no-follow to pass on or register.

If you are in a timezone that allows, check out 'whos online' at about 0500 UTC for the waves from India, Indonesia, and less frequent at that time but during earlier hrs Vietnam and Pakistan. Although I don't think you can see IP. you can spot the usernames. Parts of Company, 'real names' vs aliases, *cong *duc *vn *ban* + "88" (poker)

/edit Oh I left out *bola

The other pokr name
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-11-20, 23:55.

Comment

Clockwork. 0550UTC, 2 accounts online now.
                            /edit.. 3
                            Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-11-21, 06:02.

Comment

I suspect FR24 has little time for this forum. Just note how long it was offline for an upgrade. I've upgraded my own forum software three times with no outages at all.

And let's not forget that Oblivian is an unpaid "volunteer", doing his best with what little tools he has available to stop the spammers joining and removing posts and banning those that do.
                              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                                I suspect FR24 has little time for this forum. Just note how long it was offline for an upgrade. I've upgraded my own forum software three times with no outages at all.

And let's not forget that Oblivian is an unpaid "volunteer", doing his best with what little tools he has available to stop the spammers joining and removing posts and banning those that do.
                                And what interest to spammers from this forum? They then something can sell?

Comment

Working...
                                X