Forum is now running the latest version of vBulletin software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum is now running the latest version of vBulletin software

The forum has been closed for 4 days to be upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin.
    We hope that the new version will reduce the number of spammers on the forum and it will also allow us to add more features over time.
    Please let us know if you spot any issues.

Hi Sir,
    I am now (after the latest version is up) unable to post new details of aircrafts in “aircraft database” forum.
    I am not getting option of typing.
    Attaching screen-shot of the page. It also mentions “sorry you are not authorised to view the page”
    I have been active user in providing database of new aircrafts (and no spams).
    Please help me.
    Thank You.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by harsh93 View Post
      Hi Sir,
      I am now (after the latest version is up) unable to post new details of aircrafts in “aircraft database” forum.
      I am not getting option of typing.
      Attaching screen-shot of the page. It also mentions “sorry you are not authorised to view the page”
      I have been active user in providing database of new aircrafts (and no spams).
      Please help me.
      Thank You.
      It seems this problem for all users ..

Comment

No user contributions allowed anymore. All data now supplied by third party data sources to ensure accuracy.

Comment

And what is this terrible design font for the forums? Is it Arial? Looks like something from the 1980s and a big backwards step from the clean fonts of the previous forum.

Comment

Tapatalk appears it needs to have the module updated/added?

And stopforumspam doesn't appear, so can't use the delete-as-spam for those who have (some active atm)
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The configuration for the forum is messed up as you shouldn't be seeing JSON tags in the URLs. Eg. the direct link to 'new posts since last visit' shows as :

https://forum.flightradar24.com/sear...ssage%22%5D%7D

Hover over it to see the full URL. I've seen shorter googlemaps links!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post
                No user contributions allowed anymore. All data now supplied by third party data sources to ensure accuracy.
                I think you guys could use the most experienced users for this information too.
                I contributed with many aircraft additions in Brazil and some Embraer aircraft on delivery flights. Now I won't be able anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Edilson.Carlos View Post

I think you guys could use the most experienced users for this information too.
                  I contributed with many aircraft additions in Brazil and some Embraer aircraft on delivery flights. Now I won't be able anymore...
                  I think he’s just joking

Comment

It's been much longer than 4 days without any explanation. FR24, as always, displays the communication skills of a dead fish. Do I perceive that we can, after so many years asking, now send private emails? It's a shame that a member I would have liked to privately correspond with is now dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke's Aero blog View Post
                      The configuration for the forum is messed up as you shouldn't be seeing JSON tags in the URLs. Eg. the direct link to 'new posts since last visit' shows as :

Hover over it to see the full URL. I've seen shorter googlemaps links!
                      That appears to be a standard Vb5 feature. As you can customise the quick search links at the top using it (albeit here, is translating all the chars to HTML and making it ugly)
                      https://forum.vbulletin.com/articles...he-search-json

Actual link is "https://forum.flightradar24.com/search?searchJSON={"view":"topic","unread_only":1, "sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}"

And lets you customise for say... last 10 days worth (which I use since above hides 'read' ones)
                      "https://forum.flightradar24.com/search?searchJSON={"view":"topic","date":{"from":" 10"},"sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude_type ":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}"

(or even down to user level adding "author":["fred","john"]" )
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by NorskeTroll View Post

I think he’s just joking
                        :P

I hope so, but we still can't post anything there l:P

Comment

Originally posted by Edilson.Carlos View Post

:P

I hope so, but we still can't post anything there l:P
                          Houston, we have a problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

That appears to be a standard Vb5 feature. As you can customise the quick search links at the top using it (albeit here, is translating all the chars to HTML and making it ugly)
                            https://forum.vbulletin.com/articles...he-search-json

Actual link is "https://forum.flightradar24.com/search?searchJSON={"view":"topic","unread_only":1, "sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}"

And lets you customise for say... last 10 days worth (which I use since above hides 'read' ones)
                            "https://forum.flightradar24.com/search?searchJSON={"view":"topic","date":{"from":" 10"},"sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude_type ":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}"

(or even down to user level adding "author":["fred","john"]" )
                            OK. I use other vbulletin forums and they don't have links that are 200 chars long like here. I'm sure you'll agree it looks a mess!

Anyway, I see new hex codes have been added to the database so looks like my comment about third party data providers doing the job now is true, hence why those 2 threads are locked.

Note :

Mike
                            Team FR24
                            Last Activity: Today, 20:10 <-------

Comment

Maybe Maxi is clearing the considerable backlog, before they open the floodgates again?

Its been very noticeable that you can see how the Brazilians have been picking and choosing what to add to the DB

Comment

Working...
                              X